Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bleach mark on carpet :(

Posted by Julbean (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 10:43

I was trying to clean up a stain from a friend's dog that peed on my carpet.It was a really dark yellow color though and wouldn't come out.
I tried Oxyclean and when that didn't work I used bleach.
Now I have a big bleach stain.Any way to fix this without replacing the whole dang carpet?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bleach mark on carpet :(

You can get some fabric dye in a similar color. It won't be a perfect match, but it may be close enough. Arts & Crafts stores usually carry this stuff, or you can search online. You could also have a professional carpet installer cut out the bad section and replace it with a new section - if you can still find it's match. If neither of the above works, you could always get an area rug to hide it, or you could bleach the rest of the carpet to make it match! Haha.

Good luck

o
RE: Bleach mark on carpet :(

Good one, cass.

Barring the above suggestions, see if you have some carpet in a closet that could be used to make the patch. Then a close match could be used to repair the closet. Call your carpet installer and see if that is feasible.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here