Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marble dresser top broken

Posted by lesliep (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 17:32

Movers broke a marble slab on my dresser 16"x18"x1", they are offering me 20 cent a pound replacement . I can't find anyone is my area (Ohio) as yet to quote me a price. Does anyone have any idea on this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marble dresser top broken

If your area of Ohio is big enough to have a Home Depot or Lowe's, start there. Both of these stores do kitchen remodles and carry various stones for counter tops. At the least, they may suggest where you may find marble. Sure don't think you will find a suitable piece for $.20 per lb.

o

Thankyou, never thought about Home depot or lowe's. I am not happy with the movers. This is an antique dresser and I will have to replace 3 pieces because I will never be able to match the marble.

o

That sounds like the minimum insurance most overs are required to have.

Even homeowners has restrictions on damage to one item in a 'set.'

o

Selling marble by the pound is like selling lunchmeat by the water content. Marble is sold by the sq. ft., in most cases of residential use, with the thickness also being specified. Your dresser top was most likely 2 or 3 centimeters, or "cm" in the business. Try some antique places or a real kitchen cabinet dealer. They may have fabricators with access to an actual marble replacement that is heavy, but is not sold by the pound.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here