Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
char_lotte_gw

Buying new coffee Maker

char_lotte
17 years ago

I'm looking to buy a new coffee maker, nothing special. Just something that brews a good cup of coffee and doesn't start leaking from the bottom after a couple of months. Price range ($30-75).

Comments (13)

• rbanks
    17 years ago

Wal-Mart.

• centralcacyclist
    17 years ago

Ask this over on the cooking forum. They are knowledgable about brands.

• pcj42
    17 years ago

Have you ever seen the ads in magazines for the Gevalia coffee? They will send you a free coffee pot and you can cancel at any time. They are great pots!!

• tom418
    17 years ago

I second what pcj42 said. The Gevalia coffee maker does a great job. I asked for one in White, but they sent a black one. But hey, the price is right (free).

As far as the coffee, I did cancel my account, but still order a few boxes from time to time (every three months). I like their Signature Blend. I'll probably go back to regular shipments :)

• jrdwyer
    17 years ago

With the first two "free" Gevalia coffee makers we received, the heating element stopped working immediately. The third one is good. Gevalia was nice about the whole thing.

I bet Gevalia pays about $5 apiece for these low quality coffee makers. You get what you (don't) pay for!

• pcj42
    17 years ago

I've gotten the Gevalia coffee makers for years and never had a problem. In fact, I bought a coffee maker for our vacation home and it was a peice of crap. So, I signed up with Gevalia again and took my "old" pot to the vacation house when I got the new one. The old one is still going strong after 8 years!

• jrdwyer
    17 years ago

The third "free" Gevalia coffee maker just failed this morning. We are definitely cancelling the subscription for Gevalia coffee and instead using our $10 coffe pot that we purchased at a local store.

What a joke of a marketing program to sell coffee. What a waste of scarce natural resources and an unecessary contribution to landfills.

Another "free" item that ends up in the dumpster.

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

I also have the gevalia coffe maker... cancelled the coffee subscription right away... works great. Several neighbors have done the same thing, all with no complaints.

• patricianat
    17 years ago

BUNN

• jlhug
    17 years ago

Tassimo

• Ina Plassa_travis
    15 years ago

the cheapest French Press on the planet makes a better cup of coffee than any Drip maker on the market for the price of a tea kettle.

if I had to drink drip? I'd agree with the DeLonghi, or the Bunn - good solid machines whose hot plates don't scorch the coffee while you're still adding cream and sugar to your first cup.

• mrmarv
    15 years ago

Hi, Check out a Cuisinart Brew Central dcc-1200. It is a well built machine and makes very good coffee. It will run about $80 though but is well worth it. It has a 3 yr warranty. These have been rated high for years.

• atricia61
    15 years ago

Hi, know matter what coffee maker you buy be sure the steam doesn't come out the top if you plan on having it sit on your counter below your cabinets. The stream will ruin your cabinets.