Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying new coffee Maker

Posted by char_lotte (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 12:46

I'm looking to buy a new coffee maker, nothing special. Just something that brews a good cup of coffee and doesn't start leaking from the bottom after a couple of months. Price range ($30-75).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying new coffee Maker

Wal-Mart.

o

Ask this over on the cooking forum. They are knowledgable about brands.

o

Have you ever seen the ads in magazines for the Gevalia coffee? They will send you a free coffee pot and you can cancel at any time. They are great pots!!

o

I second what pcj42 said. The Gevalia coffee maker does a great job. I asked for one in White, but they sent a black one. But hey, the price is right (free).

As far as the coffee, I did cancel my account, but still order a few boxes from time to time (every three months). I like their Signature Blend. I'll probably go back to regular shipments :)

o

With the first two "free" Gevalia coffee makers we received, the heating element stopped working immediately. The third one is good. Gevalia was nice about the whole thing.

I bet Gevalia pays about $5 apiece for these low quality coffee makers. You get what you (don't) pay for!

o

I've gotten the Gevalia coffee makers for years and never had a problem. In fact, I bought a coffee maker for our vacation home and it was a peice of crap. So, I signed up with Gevalia again and took my "old" pot to the vacation house when I got the new one. The old one is still going strong after 8 years!

o

The third "free" Gevalia coffee maker just failed this morning. We are definitely cancelling the subscription for Gevalia coffee and instead using our $10 coffe pot that we purchased at a local store.

What a joke of a marketing program to sell coffee. What a waste of scarce natural resources and an unecessary contribution to landfills.

Another "free" item that ends up in the dumpster.

o

I also have the gevalia coffe maker... cancelled the coffee subscription right away... works great. Several neighbors have done the same thing, all with no complaints.

o

BUNN

o

Tassimo

o

the cheapest French Press on the planet makes a better cup of coffee than any Drip maker on the market for the price of a tea kettle.

if I had to drink drip? I'd agree with the DeLonghi, or the Bunn - good solid machines whose hot plates don't scorch the coffee while you're still adding cream and sugar to your first cup.

o

Hi, Check out a Cuisinart Brew Central dcc-1200. It is a well built machine and makes very good coffee. It will run about $80 though but is well worth it. It has a 3 yr warranty. These have been rated high for years.

o

Hi, know matter what coffee maker you buy be sure the steam doesn't come out the top if you plan on having it sit on your counter below your cabinets. The stream will ruin your cabinets.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here