Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help - squirrel stink in my garage

Posted by nitz_mcdingle (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 08 at 12:44

I recently evicted several squirrels that had been living in my detached garage for what was probably several years before we moved in. I have sealed up the garage tightly now. When we had moved in, we left a few cardboard boxes in the garage to put out with the trash. The squirrels (which we were not then aware of)shredded those cardboard boxes and lined the walls of the garage with it for nesting. I can't get it out. It's tightly wedged between the framing and innner siding. It really stinks of urine and their funk. How can I get that smell out without tearing down the garage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help - squirrel stink in my garage

you could try a diluted bleach solution and soak everything.

o
RE: Help - squirrel stink in my garage

First try one of the enzymes sold for treating dog/cat urine. If other cleaners are used first, they tend to prevent the enzymes from working.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here