Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
doggie doo doo in rat hole????

Posted by rhonni (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 10, 02 at 10:03

i could swear i heard before that to get rid of the rat hole/homes" in a backyard, you fill the hole with doggie doo-doo and they will stay away. did i dream this, is it an old wives tale or is it true???????? can anyone clear this up for me?? i would really appreciate it!!!!!!! this is in a friend's yard and we want to make sure we gave the right advice!! p.s., these/this rats/rat are/is going between backyards with their neighbor's yard. coincidentally, the neighbor "just cleaned away all their old weed/bush display" behind their garage........now the neighbor is complaining that doggie doo will in fact actually attract rats............thanks!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: doggie doo doo in rat hole????

I am not sure which is more fun to have around. What would you rather step in out in your yard- a hole or a doo?

o

I put it in the holes when planting bulbs and it helps keep critters from digging them up. Our pocket gophers make long tunnels and I do not have enough dog doo to fill them. We just flood or trap.

Fireraven9
Gutta cavat lapidem (Dripping water hollows out a stone) - Ovid

o

This works for moles. They dig away from the poo so you continue until they go else where.
As far as rats and dog poop. They eat dog poop. So putting it down their hole wouldn't be the best idea if you want to get rid of them.

o

I know I stay as far away from dog poop as possible. So the theory may have some validity. But this is the twenty first century for Pete's sake!! You can probably "do" a little better than that for advice! LOL Rat's are gross and unsanitary. Maybe they should try a good old fashioned exterminator.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here