Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sandpaper scratched glass

Posted by kaumann (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 02 at 9:12

I think Im going to have to live with this one but thought I would ask anyway...
My husband offered to help me paint up our new 9 light front door. Since he doesn't like to use power tools he hand sanded the mullions (sp.?)while I used an orbital on the flat areas. When I got the door all painted up and hung I began to clean up the glass and noticed curious scratches around the panes. That's when I realized that my helper had sandpapered the glass!
Any solution? Buy a new door?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sandpaper scratched glass

Glass polishing kit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotta work, though

o

Oh heck, this sounds like something that would happen at my house! I'd try to minimize the scratching with glass wax. Maybe you will be hanging a sheer window covering over the panes? I doubt anyone but you will even know the scratches are there but you.

o

I was going to say glass wax. I've seen it at local hardware places and restoration hardware

o

In a door I might like frosted edges around the glass. Have you thought about some sort of a frosting or etching kit?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here