Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Little Black Bugs

Posted by netteg (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 21, 06 at 8:48

The bugs are a form of the beetle family.
I have them mostly in the BR and kitchen areas. BUT- not in the basement where there is a drain, so I think they like it warm and moist.
I have taken a baggie full to the ISU Extention and they are to call me when it is decideded what the bug's name is. I was not the 1st to bring any of this variety in, they seem to be everywhere.
Meantime, I sparyed baseboards, around the crown moldings and and window areas with BUGSTOP by Spectracide -- that has definately slowed them down. (Lowes and Walmart) REMEMBER: The bug must walk through the sprayed area to get poison on it's little feets :) before the product will work. then you will see the bugs slow down and finally stop.
about spectracide
I have not had this spray damage painted areas or carpeting.
PS I originally bought this for the aisan beetle bug that looks like a lady bug- sprayed it on my screens and window areas..... the bugs droped so fast I had to sweep my back step off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Little Black Bugs

Check the basement floor drain traps.
Add a 1/2 gallon of water to each drain.
Bugs tend to head for light and warmth, no matter where thay started.

o

ugh we have those in are area as well, they come up the sink drains, we cover our drains at night, the lousy thing is there really isnt anything that you can do about them, maybe put some of that stuff down your drains, they look for moisture.

o

My husband and I have the same problem. We have these little black bugs that we have found in the bath tub, shower curtain, and in the kitchen sink. We are not sure what to do. They are no bigger than an 1/8th of an inch wide. Any help with the situation would be appreciated.

o

Did you ever find out what these bugs are and what can be done about them?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here