Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
oh no!! spilled the baby oil!!!!!!!!

Posted by Deb_from_Pa (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 18, 02 at 20:45

on my wallpaper. How can I get it out? Anybody have this problem? I tried full strength degreaser, and powder, neither worked. Tomorrow I am gonna try soaking it up a little with vinegar and then sprinkling baking soda on it and see if it will bubble out. I use this to clean out my sink drains and also on my clothes for a stain and normally it works on most everything if I catch it in time
Anybody got any other ideas?
Thanks a million

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: oh no!! spilled the baby oil!!!!!!!!

If it were me, I'd try an oil based cleaner to get out an oil based stain. There are several out there made with orange and coconut oils... good luck

o

Wallpaper, unless it is vinyl coated, tends to be asborbent. While applying talcum powder or cornstarch to absorb excess oil, you will more than likely be left with a permanent stain. Cleaning the surface of the wallpaper will only clean the surface and not remove the oil absorbed deep into the wallpaper. Avoid harsh cleaners that may make the wallpaper look worse than it already does.

o

Removed fresh oil from clothes using sweet-n-low (the pink stuff not the blue stuff). But that would probably only work if the oil spill is still pretty fresh.

o

Vinegar is often used to remove wallpaper. I'm guessing you may end up having to replace that sheet anyway. But I do wish you best of luck in removing the oil!

o

I'm probably a bit late but I would try a spray-on spot dry cleaning product like K2R. It has a powder that absorbs the oil. Leave it on for a day and then gently brush it off. This stuff works great, too, on your dry-clean only clothes to prevent spots from setting before your get things to the cleaners. You know, like the salad dressing that splashed onto your blouse during lunch.

o

Great idea Browntoes. Geez, I thought I had thought of everything Ha!
Thanks all

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here