Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My kitchen disaster

Posted by frydmice (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 20, 11 at 17:54

On April 22, my brand new Bosch dishwasher that I bought from Sears failed and flooded my kitchen and basement. My insurance company came to the rescue and helped us get the ServPro people in and also helped us deal with Sears. Sears was TERRIBLE and no help at all. They did not want to help us and finally our insurance company took over the claim and negotiated between Sears, Bosch and the installer.
Today they had their meeting to determine liability and everyone agreed that Bosch was 100% responsible since it was a input valve? failure. The good news is that we will get our deductable back and it won't count against our insurance. Our insurance company will be repaid by Bosch. The bad news is that we were without a kitchen for over 6 weeks and we probably won't get any compensation for the major headaches and problems that this whole situation caused us.
At least we have a kitchen again as of last week and for that, I am grateful.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My kitchen disaster

Sounds suckish. Glad you got it resolved.

o
RE: My kitchen disaster

You poor thing! I always thought Bosch was the best, so sorry for your troubles. I am sort of proud of your insurance company for taking care of you. Not sure our's would be so helpful. You know, couldn't be nicer while telling you to take a hike and there is nothing they can do for you. Many happy meals to you back in your kitchen!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here