Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ick! Stray brush hairs in newly painted wall

Posted by catiesd (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 23, 10 at 17:01

How do I get these out of a recently painted wall, then repair, without having to repaint entire wall? Tweezers? Then sanding? The finish is eggshell and wall texture is orange peel. It was late, I was tired and did not notice, etc....
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ick! Stray brush hairs in newly painted wall

This is a disaster? You already have answers in your other thread.

o

There is no need to be nasty. I posted across a few forums to take advantage of the wealth of kind, expert members from a few different areas. If there is a rule against this, I am not aware.

o

If you're that big a stickler, yes. Individual removal, sanding, re-prep, re-paint. Buy better brushes next time. Or use rollers, pads, or sponge-brushes. Or spray. Or hire it done by someone who has such tools and knows how to use them. And tell them you expect perfection. Many contractors don't get that and really aren't up to the task. You must be specific.

o

" Buy better brushes next time."

Paint brushes that are less then $10 in a 2 inch size are NOT a bargain.

Good brushes are not cheap, but you may not need the 'top of the line' for occasional use.

o

Catie,

If there are only a few brush hairs you maybe able to peel them off with tweezers and then sand lightly and touch up. If the primer does not come up with the brush hair, I wouldn't re-prime.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here