Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with Kitchen floor

Posted by jannie (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 16:59

About a year ago I had a beautiful Marmoleum click floor laid put in my kitchen. It's blue and white checkerboard. I've been keeping it clean but one tile loooked dirty. I took a close look and it has a big gouge out of it. The only way it can be repaired is if I can get it replaced. And I can't do that. I have no left over tiles. The store no longer carries the color. So I'm stuck. What can I cover the tile with? It's near but not exactly in front of the refrigerator. A throw rug would look odd. Anybody have a suggestion? It looks awful, though the tiles around it look brand new. I need SOMETHING tO hide this one broken tile. Oh it's 12 inches by 12 inches.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with Kitchen floor

Well, I'd get some Polyfilla (or any kind of const. cement), fill in the 'hole' and let dry well over a few days. Then I'd sand it as smooth as possible, making sure it's level with surrounding stuff, paint it to match (even acrylic craft paints would do) and then use a good non-yellowing sealer or varnish over it... a few coats each left to dry o-nite, and there you go! It may not be perfect, but then who else is going to be looking that hard at that little piece of one tile but you?

o

Have you checked with the manufacter to see if you could get a tile from them? Even if the store doesn't carry it anymore the maker of the tiles might still have some.

o

This product is made by a very reputable manufacturer; Forbo. Have you tried getting in touch with them to see what they might suggest? Maybe visit their website and see if you can get a phone number for customer service. Customer service may put you in touch with their claims division who might be able to guide you throught some type of repair or other suggestion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here