Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my bathtub is backed up!!!

Posted by TONY_ROK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 02 at 16:17

Well it took forever for the used water to go down and well if I wanted to take a bath I would have taken a bath but I want to take showers you know!!! Anyways I got an unplugger and all this dirty water started coming up!! Now I cant get this water to go down no matter how much I pump. And yes I covered the drain hole to control the suction. But I cant break the clog. What should I do?? I dont want to call the plumber or the landlord evn though this isnt my fault but dammmm come on!!! Suggestions anyone??

Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my bathtub is backed up!!!

My husbad has this great tool from Sears, it bends and has a plucker thingy on the end...you could take the drain cover off and see if you just have hair and junk in the drain. I always ask for the nose picker thing to use down the drain after bathing the dog..it works good and you use a plunger thing with your thumb to open and close the end. I am sorry I don't know the real name....its a picker thing. You could try something like that...
Karen L

o

thanks KAren..thats called a snake. Actually my girlfriend's fther came over with this high pressure hose he stuk in the drain and it cleared the whole thing. So we're back to normal im so happy!!! Thanks for your inpuT!!

Tony

o

FYI--Just in case someone else has this problem and the snake won't work. We fought our tub for a few years with snakes and drain cleaners. We decided to remodel and found that the iron drain had rusted through-the water was draining under the house. We had to bust up part of the slab to make the necessary repairs.

o

And sometimes it's not the drain that gets clogged, it's the vent pipe going to the roof. That requires running the snake down through the vent pipe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here