Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyt Problem - Need Advice PLEASE!

Posted by slider9499 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 5, 07 at 15:47

I have a deck and there used to be a wooden trellace attached to the house. It was removed but the large 20 foot long piece of wood is still there and it is attached into the house. When it rains the water gets in and I am sure the ants got in via this area. The area described is directly behind my kitchen wall that has a window and a skylight above. These are the two main areas where the ants are coming in.

I looked at pictures of ants online and they are NOT carpenter ants nor are they termites. They look like regular pavement ants but some have very, very tiny wings. I tried spraying and even had Terminx come but they were usless

Any idea what these are and how to get rid of them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyt Problem - Need Advice PLEASE!

Find exactly where they're getting in and seal it.
Ron

o

Well they may not be carpenter ants, but there ARE other kinds of ants. Call an exterminator.

o

you can mix up your own non-toxic ant killer. I've used it for all kinds of ants, little black ones, red ants, etc. mix one spoonful of sugar, one spoonful of molasses, one spoonful of yeast. dry yeast like you use to make bread. you can spread it on any area they crawl on, or leave it where they'll find it and eat it. Its non toxic to cats dogs, kids, maybe a stomache ache but not a problem. the ants will eat it and burst when the yeast gets wet. they take it to the nest and it kills off the whole colony. good luck

o

A link that might be useful:

Tips & Techniques Forum/Boric Acid/Posted by ILuvGinger on Sat, Sep 3, 05
forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tips/msg0904272027666.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here