Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red wine stain on cream carpet

Posted by dbrookel (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 13, 06 at 13:14

I got up this morning to find that my dog had knocked over a half full glass of red wine that I had forgotten and mistakenly left sitting on my coffee table. It had completely dried and I really need some suggestions on how to get this out. HELP!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red wine stain on cream carpet

Try white vinegar.

o

The link below is a great resource for removing stains from carpet. You can also call them at the 800 number and they are very pleasant and helpful. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpet Stains

o

We had green carpet for 5 years and never spilled any wine on it. Now we just got cream carpet and with our 7 month old golden retriever are on our third wine spill! First I blot (don't rub) as much excess as I can get out. Then I run for the 7up can and drench the area with it, let it set for a couple of minute and then blot again (on really heavy stains I've left the 7up on over night). Then I clean it with regular carpet cleaner and cover the spill with a towel so it doesn't get dirtier from the dog while drying. So far ever spill has come out. Not sure if it will work on dried red wine but it works great on fresh spills.

o

We had a similar experience with grape juice and a beige carpet. Had very good results with OxyClean and my shop-vac. I used the shop-vac to suck up as much as it would then started applying, letting it soak in, then sucking up the OxyClean with the shop-vac. I didnt have to scrub anything, just used patience and repeated about four times.

o

scsr, did that remove the stain completely? Maybe I wasn't patient enough, mine is still slightly discolored.

o

Spot Shot.

Here is a link that might be useful: Spot Shot page

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here