Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sure the Deck is protected now, BUT

Posted by graciecraft (My Page) on
Tue, May 21, 02 at 22:28

My sweet husband? also sprayed weather seal on the house, and on other stuff! I tried soap, vinegar, oxyclean, simple green, the list goes on. the only thing I have found to actually work is acetone! Another word for that is fingernail polish, used to get rid of paint! There goes the house paint at the same time I take off the weather seal. Anybody have any ideas? I would have to go to the paint store and match up the color and repaint, a total mess! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sure the Deck is protected now, BUT

Be nice to him - he's your only husband, correct? stuff happens sometimes. I think the answer is what you said - try to get some matching paint mixed and repaint.

o

Geoff,
You could be a marriage counselor. What an excellent way to look at this situation. I wish all posters had your sense of "the scheme of things." Thanks for being a voice of reason. Gracie you weren't at all unreasonable, but Geoff did come up with the best "solution." Take care, Mary

o

You might also contact the manufacturer of the sealant for recommendations. Next time you apply sealer cover and tape off areas that may be exposed to the product.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here