Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
water pumped under foundation of home at high pressure

Posted by olee (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 22:17

we are currentley trying to deal with the ins. co. of the person (reprensenting our county water district) told NOT TO UNCAP A WATER LINE by my husband. (The water line was caped 20 years earlier because it ran under our foundation when the foundation for the home was being dug) It ran for about 20 min. full pressure. It surfaced in the complete lower level of our home at aprox. 5 in.deep ( lower level is aprox 2000 sq' ) comeing out the side of our brick home. It has been 6 mo. They do not want to pay. Other than $4000 to repair .. My goodness, we think it probably blasted a hole under the foundation. What a joke. And what about the mental duress of it all.. Any legal advice or has anyone experienced this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: water pumped under foundation of home at high pressure

For legal adice I would suggest a lawyer.

"probably blasted a hole " is not good enough. You need to proove it blasted a hole and how much it will cost to repair it.

o

Have you not had your own company's inspector, or a structural engineer of your choice take a look and see what the structural damage might be? Or mold? You can't just sit waiting for the other party's company to dither around while your home could be in dire straits! Get a lawyer involved if necessary, but you must find out what the state of things is, even if the rooms appear dry inside.

o

Larke has it right. As the home-owner you do have an obligation to act if you intend to prove a claim. You are expected to act on your own behalf. Six months is a looong time to wait.

How did the offending party arrive at $4,000 for repairs? Somebody must have inspected something.

o
water pump story

Hi,
I work on a show called Disaster house for DIY network and we are interested in your story.
Please contact me at mruf@highnoontv.com.
thank you for your time
Megan Ruf
Production Coordinator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here