Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sewer spewing into my house :(

Posted by pebbles516 (My Page) on
Thu, May 11, 06 at 11:47

We bought a foreclosed home in Feb. The house has been empty for 2 years but is less than 20 years old. It was a drug seizure so it took a long time for goverment to complete paperwork to sell the house. We're doing a complete overhaul of the house and everything was going good until sewer started spewing into the house via a hole from a removed toilet. Finally we got it to stop coming inside but our yard has been full of standing sewer for over a week now! 3 plumbers later and numerous visits from the city we've found out the guy who lived there removed the sewer pump (he was a plumber) and did some makeshift plumbing including an illegal sewer tap to the city line! Now we're going to have to dig up everything he did and start all over. Bye Bye granite countertops hello sewer pump :(

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sewer spewing into my house :(

my sympathies! I had a sewer backup last week and it SUCKS. I spent the night with a wet-dry vac carrying sewage upstairs and out to the storm drain. After many hours of cleanup, many buckets of bleach solution, and lots of my stuff ending up in the trash, its finally under control. My house's Previous owner let the soil line rust away until it wasn't a pipe as much as a canal. good luck

o

get a second opinion on the repair method required to fix your particular problem. tearing up the counter tops seems unrelated to a sewer issue.

o

gargen-guy, I think pebbles is referring to the "movement" of monies. Sounds like the money for the granite counter tops is going to have to be spent on plumbing problems. If so, I am soooo sorry pebbles. I would hate to spend big bucks for something that you will never be able to look at and say, "wow, isn't that beautiful? I just love that sewer pump".

Yipes!

o

Oh but Lisa, its hard to say oh what beautiful countertops when you are floating on a raft in a sea of sewage.

Also Jaymeguokas, the storm drain is not the place for sewage, the storm drain goes to bodies of water, do you want people dumping sewage in the local streams?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here