Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

re: mold issues

Posted by luv2stitch (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 02 at 6:54

HI. We had a water leak in our kitchen wall where the line runs from the plumbing to the icemaker. Don't know how long it was leaking before we detected it but there is quite a bit of water damage. We have gotten $ from the insurance company to repair the damage but now I am concerned about the mold in the wall. I know you can treat it with bleach/water but I know that if it is the toxic mold then it should be handled by experts. What do I do?


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: re: mold issues

You need to call someone to have it tested and if it's toxic depending on how bad it is you'll have to move out and have someone come in a repair it. Tell your insurance company because they should know somone you can call to have it checked. If it's not toxic probably just bleach and water will do.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here