Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how can I stop sheet slippage?

Posted by haircutcity (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 4, 06 at 23:33

This isn't exactly a disaster,unless the fitted sheet slipping off of the mattress is one, How do you keep this from happening. Is there a homemade way with out buying something?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how can I stop sheet slippage?

Sheet garters! It's like the things you use on a garter belt, but you use it across the corners of your sheet to hold the fitted sheet in place. They only cost a few bucks, and you should be able to find them at any bedding store.

o

The "sheet garters" that rivkadr mentioned work great. My wife bought some because our fitted sheet always came off on my side. Interestly, she said that all of her friends' said that it was always the husband's side that came off. Don't know of any homemade remedy.

o

Once I started purchasing fitted sheets that were extra deep that stopped happening. The sheets fit thicker mattresses.

o

I was going to say, a combo of extra-deep pockets and the garters-- works like a charm.

Is it just me, or does it seem like mattresses have become super-thick, but most sheet sets you find in stores haven't seemed to keep up? (Unless you want to spend a lot more money, of course-- isn't that always the way it goes.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here