Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Terminix termite contract good?

Posted by coody (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 28, 09 at 19:21

Has anyone known Terminix termite contract? I need the soil treatment for the termite problems. The Terminix claims its termite contract can be extended yearly without period limits. However, I noticed it states "At the time of any renewal of this Agreement, Terminix may change this Agreement by adding, deleting or modifying any provision, except for the annual renewal charge." They state additionally "after the third annual period and each annual period thereafter, Terminix reserves the right to revise the annual renewal charge without notifying the purchaser in advance of such change." Please share if you have any experience in dealing with the Terminix for the contract of the treatment of the termites or control services. Is the Terminix good enough?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Terminix termite contract good?

in MY experience it is well worth it.

they rarely raise the rates, maybe a couple bucks for the entire year.

at work we have had a contract with them for the entire 24 years we have been in this building. 3 years ago they found some minor termite damage to an addition. the guy saw it, showed it to us and made a phone call. 2 days later their crew showed up, removed the siding, repaired/replaced all teh studs/bottom plate, reinstalled the good siding and replaced teh sheet that was bad. they then repainted the entire wall so that the repair did not stand out. took them 1 day to do the repairs and the next to finish painting. they also retreated the entire building for free.

a guy at work rented a house that had a contract with terminix. they found damage to living room exterior wall. same story, within a couple days they were there and ripped out everything, fixed or replaced what was needed, hung new sheetrock(this house was brick so they worked inside), mudded, painted, and put eveyrthing back to normal in just a couple days. they also retreated the house.

so again yes, in my experience it is well worth it.

o
RE: Is Terminix termite contract good?

The price escalators are not an issue, I've had terminex a few years and there've been no increases. My concern is with the provision that only covers NEW infestations, not old ones; I think you have to prove it's really a new one, and it seems they have a convenient "OUT" if it's close -- how does one really tell? The "inspection" they performed did not seem very comprehensive --- Does anybody know how to really tell if there's bugs in them walls?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here