Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kmdnpd08

Mold? Please help asap!

kmdnpd08
14 years ago

Brand new modular home had a water leak from jacuzzi 5 days ago. Unrealized while tub was filled, water leaked not from drain, but from a still unknown place (jet fittings? plumber yet to come)through the ceiling, wall, and down 2 floors to basement.

We immediately removed wet drywall and dried out with fans best we could. Company came last night and took down the rest of drywall-guy said there was mold. But to me did not look like mold more of a sawdust material. Husband talking about ripping out cabinets etc. I told him cut a piece of drywall from the other side of the house to check it out - I really dont think its mold. Could white mold colonize in only 3 days? The white substance was all over the place but again I really believe it's something from modular factory, sawdust etc - the water only slightly trickled down this wall - the big problem is wood floors need to come up because water settled under them and caused them to warp already.

Please help! I do not have pictures to attach right now I know this makes it more difficult but if anyone has experienced anything like this. thanks so much!

Comments (2)