Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet smells

Posted by cavy1 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 10:18

We had a musty smell in our carpet after we got them cleaned. The smell got worse over time. Two months later I called in another company to clean the same carpets and the musty smell is still there. The new company even used a deodorizor and it still smells. We decided to tear up the rug and see what it is. Thee are stains on the bottom of the rug (backing) throughout the room. Anyone know what this might be? Cheap carpet? Water stains?
Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet smells

Pet stains?

o
RE: Carpet smells

Did you buy and install this carpeting? Do you have pets? The reason I ask if that if the carpeting was in place when you bought your home, some "smells" especially those related to pets and be kind of "reactivated" by cleaning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here