Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pet Urine on Hardwood Floors

Posted by LeeAndy (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 24, 02 at 1:18

Big Dark Spot on hardwood where dog wets... uses puppy pads but they leak or she misses.... any suggestions? can you use bleach on hardwood? TIA!

LeeAnn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pet Urine on Hardwood Floors

As far as I know, there is nothing that will remove dark urine stain from floor boards. They need to be replaced with new boards.

o

Browntoestoo is correct. Replace the boards.

o

Dog, too!!

o

LOL Rosie!!! And I have decied to do just that.

We have the house up for sale and I want to have carpet in our new (to us) house--- we pulled up our carpet here because of her! now we've gotta replace floors....NOT WORTH THE TIME, MONEY, or TROUBLE!! She'll be better off too because I'm gonna make sure whoever gets her will spend more time with her and take her outside more often than I could.

thanks ya'll

LeeAnn

o

read this before you replace your boards:

http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/8833.html

o

"we pulled up our carpet here because of her! now we've gotta replace floors..."
WRONG-- you pulled up the carpet because you did either
not train her well or do not take her out enough.
"....NOT WORTH THE TIME, MONEY, or TROUBLE!!"
You should never have gotten a dog- I find your post outrageous!

o

gotta agree with good taste here...

some people are just not at a place where they can be good pet owners. doesn't make them bad people...but it makes them bad people to take on a pet, and dogs are pack animals, and simply cannot be left alone for hours on end.

not no how the puppy's fault, and I object to you blaming a child for your own lack of commitment.

o

There is a product that will bleach wood safely, it's called oxalic acid. We used this years ago (we had to get it from the pharmacy at that time) to bleach out stains in our hardwood floors in front of the bathroom doorway. I remember that you mixed it with water and let it sit for a few minutes (15 or so) and then let it dry before we refinished the area. I found a product on the web at http://www.realmilkpaint.com/oxalic-acid-bleach.html
and this should do the trick.

o

That post dates back to 2002!!

o

Looks like an advertising troll.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here