Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Termite Prevention

Posted by court623 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 14, 11 at 17:49

We have water issues due to grading but we cannot go any higher up the foundation to raise the grade due to our foundation ending and siding starting. My landscaper suggested to put 12 aluminum flashing along the last row of siding all around the foundation to build up the soil to divert the water away from the foundation. I asked about termites and he said the would be a deterent them as well. We are in NJ if that matters. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Termite Prevention

Call an exterminator termite treatment usually good for 20 yrs. Al flashing will do jack, they will start eating the sill and work their way up, that is , if in fact you do or did have termites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here