Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joulesr4me

Generator noise

joulesR4me
19 years ago

Pardon me folks ... but I hoping some of you might have some advice for me and another neighbor ... I'm not even certain that this is the right forum ...

An adjacent neighbor just installed a HUGE permanent home generator. I'm thinking that this is due to the awful power outages that we suffered from last years' hurricane season (central FL) and they're getting ready. They own the local car dealership - well, practaically all of them in our town. He pretty much gets what he wants in our town - has the police & city departments under his thumb - if you get my drift (we've witnessed so many *less-than-ethical issues already). His home is about 7000sqft and the generator is about 1000 sq ft (well, maybe I'm exaggerating a wee bit) and every time that thing kicks on, the whole neighborhood hears it! With all our power outages from the frequent rain storms, it's fired up many times already this year. It starts within about 10 seconds of a power glitch. So, any idea if there's anything we (the neighbors) can do???? City hall already said that it's probably w/i noise restrictions - but then again - they love this guy! I sort of recall that, during last years hurricane season, there was some news about not running generators between 11pm & 7 am ......

Thanks for any advice you might have!

Comments (4)