Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rjaero19473

Birds in attic, what to do?

rjaero19473
13 years ago

Hi all,

We moved into our new house back in November and had no problems with birds until this past week. I was up in the attic last weekend and noticed bird droppings on the windows and floors, but there were no birds. This weekend I was outside and heard a banging on the window from the attic, I looked up and there was a bird up in the attic trying to get out. I went into the attic, opened the window, and out went the bird. Then about 15 minutes later he was back in the attic. This went on a few more time then stopped by lunchtime. The same this happened the next day. It seems the birds are only in the attic in the morning, and in the afternoon and evening there is no sign of them.

I spent hours trying to find out how they could get in but I have not found anywhere they could get in. Our house is still under the one year builders warranty, so I am going to call the builder and have him send out a guy to look for holes. Anyone have any suggestions where they could be getting in, or how I should deal with them in case the builder doesn't want to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Bob

Comments (3)