Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big disaster for these people

Posted by CarolsSis (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 9, 04 at 21:45

I was on the road today in Tucson, Az. and saw a funny sign on a car. It simply read, www.MyMcCrearyHomeSUCKS.com and I got curious, and checked it out. Go to the page using the address above, and I'm sure you'll be as shocked as I was. Unbelievable.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big disaster for these people

What a horrible story. I hope this family is able to find justice some day.

I can't believe what I saw on their web site.

My heart goes out to them.

o

It's a shame that there are builders out there exactly like that. They are probably still building under a different name.

o

horrible- but how in the name of all that's right did these people let the house be BUILT like this?

I understand that not everyone grew up with an architect and plan reviewer with a wall full of national credentials for a dad...

but anyone who blindly trusts people to do ANYTHING right are sure to get chewed up... weekly site inspections are a MUST...

as is a careful survey of existing homes before signing a contract.

o

The use of the word "sucks" is childish and counterproductive. I tried to read your letter/post but it was one of those wide ones(unreadable)

Nevertheless, in making any major purchase, it pays to trust NO-ONE.. Fine line Homes, S & A Homes, Beaver Homes, even GM and Ford - they simply cannot be trusted. And these listed companies are good, but I still do not trust them !

A good lawyer is vital, particularly if the home buyer is not a good baby-sitter or supervisor - many men are not good at these things..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here