Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mud tax

Posted by
Bill
(bpver@txcyber.com) on
Thu, Jan 3, 02 at 16:56

Don't want to sound ignorant, but don't want to stay that way. But, could anyone tell me what MUD TAX is. I see it almost everywhere in area I live in and no one seems to be able to tell me what it is.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mud tax

I did a search on google since I've not heard about that one either.
"... No MUD Tax. For you out-of-towners, a MUD (Municipal Utility District) tax is a
tax that is associated with living in the suburbs or a master-planned-community ..."
More at the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Mud tax

o

MUD tax is a fee homeowners in certain subdivisions pay for the extra pipes and service that was needed to bring water out to their area. My Mom had a home in a MUD district and caused her nothing but headaches at tax time. Like other taxes it went up every year. The first thing we asked when we were searching for our home was if it was MUD..if they said yes, we thanked them and left..My sister in law purchased a home in a MUD district and she has regretted it ever since...

o

It's the fee I extract form my kids when they track in! Melanie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here