Return to the Home Disasters Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help bug hole in new wood

Posted by david1217 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 6, 11 at 8:30

Hello, I built a new mantle last summer using new oak crown molding to support the granite shelf. The wood was sanded, sealed with Bin spray primer and given three topcoats of hammertone paint. All has been well until the last three weeks. Noticed a white spot on the dark bronze paint , looked like toothpaste, wiped this off, would reappear, now as weeks have passed this turned into a hole big enough to stick a good sized safety pin in about a 1/4 inch and I find a small pile of white dust. Could this be a worm ? Or does some one know what this is and what will kill this intruder , befor I have to replace more than this shelf ! Thanks in advance , David

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help bug hole in new wood

It's some type of insect. You will need to get one to take a picture of or you are just guessing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Disasters Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here