Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Counting Calories??

Posted by Dotty9 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 10, 04 at 22:31

Can you lose weight just by counting calories,and keeping them in a certain range, rather than follow a specific diet; and some exercise too??
Dotty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Counting Calories??

Yes, limiting calories is one way to lose weight. For your health, try to make sure to eat a variety of foods and consider taking vitamin/mineral supplements while you cut back on calories.

o

Absolutely! A specific diet is not necessary to lose weight. The best and easiest way for most people is to limit portion sizes and reduce or eliminate snacking on empty calories of refined sugars in cookies, pie, cake, and white bread. And exercise is an essential part of the equation if you really want long-term, successful weight loss.

However, rather than "counting" calories I think it is easier to eliminate empty calories such as sweets with refined sugars and limit portion sizes. For example, a serving of meat is about the size of a deck of cards, not just one big steak. :-)

Also, be sure to eat enough calories with small snacks in between main meals. Eating smaller amounts throughout the day maintains the metabolism.

Jen

o

Thank you. I guess I really knew that,but just had to hear it for support. I really don't like following a specific diet,but eliminating the "junk",and cutting portion size,and NO seconds,plus exercise should do the trick. Thanks again.
Dotty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here