Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anybody Interested? Diet Pals

Posted by Wildchild (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 19, 04 at 19:06

I've noticed that since McPeg aka Quiltingbunny left ther is no longer an ongoing group focused on weight management here.The other ongoing threads are more about friendship and fun than about our weight issues.

Is anyone interested in joining me in resurrecting a daily or weekly Dieting Pals thread. This would be a place for reporting our goals, successes, struggles, dieting tips and other weight related issues along with a healthy dose of friendship and support.

Just seems to me that this Diet Forum has little to offer for the peeps that come looking for serious support and assistance with weight management. All comments and suggestions welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anybody Interested? Diet Pals

Wildchild, I would certainly be interested. I need to focus strictly on weight loss. With ideas and tips and support. So, should I look for the thread that is posted as Diet Pals?

o

I'm in! I do a lot better posting than doing this on my own. The struggle for today is the batch of oatmeal cookies (made with real butter) I baked yesterday. Not one cookie is getting past these lips today. I need to send Spike some money to be able to check in here though. Kathy

o

I'm in, Wildchild!! It will keep me accountable...

Tikanas : )

o

Count me in too, Wildchild. I'm the type that needs to check in often to keep me motivated. It's nice to know that we are not alone in this ongoing battle.

I try to keep up on what is the best things to eat (or not to eat), it will be nice to be able to get others opinions and suggestions.

Looking forward to joining in!!

Pam.

o

Great. How about we keep this thread up for now so others may comment.

Since we're just a few days before Christmas, how about we officially start on Monday? I will start a new thread titled "Diet Pals" then, where we can introduce ourselves and tell a little about our goals and needs. Then we'll have a jump start on the new year.

Happy Holidays to all!

o

Sounds good to me Wildchild! Can't wait to get started.
I've been checking on the Discovery.com 2005 Body Challenge that starts on Jan. l5. Has anyone else considered doing this? Sounds like fun to me.
Happy Holidays to everyone.

Pam.

o

Does anyone know what happened to McPeg? She should be home by now.

o

Hey ladies...I see some familiar names out there.... I am going to check out that website for discovery.com body challenge.

Talk with everyone soon.

o

OOH! This is going to be challenge! Monday sounds good to me, too. Going to check out that site now.

Tikanas

o

So.... is everybody ready? I am all stoked to start tomorrow. Armed with my new "Good Carb" Cookbook ( Thank you DeeMarie!) and an exercise plan, tomorrow is the day. Using ideas from this wonderful book I have planned tomorrow's menu comprised of about 1400 calories. I plan to walk up to Curves at 6:30 am and follow it up with 15 minutes of free weights. Then, I'll take a short walk before dinner.

So what does everyone else have planned? I am so glad that we are doing this!

Tikanas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here