Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a Quasi-Diet Buddy?

Posted by whenicit (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 07 at 17:35

I need to get motivated and know in the past when I have had to weigh in at WW I have enjoyed having that 'oversight'. However, I don't want to go to WW meetings or get my 3rd set of books & stuff. I'd still like to have a diet buddy or someone I can check in with after a weekly weigh-in. Someone to be accountable to?

Am I mental? Should I just grow up and learn to be accountable to myself? LOL!

What is the "SS" in the messages on this forum? Is it a certain kind of diet? Can anyone join in?

Sorry to be so dense!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a Quasi-Diet Buddy?

Hi whenicit! SS stands for Somersizing, the Suzanne Somers diet. That is how most of us on that thread met. I don't think any of us are doing that plan now, but we have all stuck together, many of us for years now. Please join in. Some of us are following the WW program and all of us are always available for support, be it weight or otherwise.

Please join us. New "faces" are always welcome!

Besh

o

Thanks Besh. Awesome. I will have to try again tomorrow because I have continued Christmas munching way too long and will need to go back to work on Wednesday (fitting in to work clothes and all!)

My goal is about a 15 pound weight loss by May 1st. I have a treadmill, stationery recumbent bike, free weights, exercise ball & bands and even a dog! I should be able to do this but I am tugged in to laziness every single solitary day for about 6 months now. I have some stress as I am trying to sell a home for about 6 months and the old neighborhood seemed to be more interesting to walk my dog in. Plus with winter, it is so cold walking the dog...

I would like to try walking on my lunch hour 2-3 times/week. Additionally, I'd like to do some weights 2-3 times a week and then treadmill or bike on top of that.

I also have eating issues. I love to snack, particularly with anything sugary.

I am 5'3" and presntly weigh 157. I think I can get to 153 with little effort but the remaining 11 will be hard for me if I don't quit eating horribly and start exercising.

You have already motivate me Besh! I threw out the candy.

I have been weighing myself like my WW 'weigh day' every Wednesday so will check in here then at a minimum but probably more often!!

Thanks for your SS support!!!

o

If you're still interested, I'd love a diet buddy. I have to lose 20lbs and about three pants sizes by May, but I just can not get going on a diet. If you're interested in a buddy let me know. I just found this forum but don't really have the time to sit and read thru every day.
Momotom

o

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a diet buddy also.
So Whenicit, Momotom, I'd love to be your buddies.

I have only one choice in loosing weight, and that is slow.
I have back and knee problems, so the only exercise I can do is swimming

My goal is to lose 15 pounds by May. I have started daily logging of everything I eat, and also exercise. What are you looking for in a buddy?

Besh, thanks for the invite.
Lynne

o

lynne & momotom, i joined the 'regular' group here on this site. The SS in the subject really doesn't mean anything for me but I am trying to report my progress a few times a week. I consider all of them my buddies now. We have very similar goals.

For me, a buddy keeps me accountable because I suck at owning up to my bad behaviors. In fact, I've done horribly since weighing in on 1/9 so I need to get more motivated to try and be stable by this Wednesday. I have been stressed over something and it is causing me to obsess with food and sitting. On the positive side I have begun walking on my lunch hour 2-4 times a week (when I can) so that has been good.

SOOOO -- I encourage you to join in on the weekly post and report your progress, look for inspiration from the others and get encouragement! See you there!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here