Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Im still doing Excersise Bike& Play Games Same Time..

Posted by bulldinkie (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 18, 08 at 14:21

I started about a year ago riding excersise bike while playing games on computer or tv.I was told on here this dont work.It does,Ive been doing this about a year.Im on it over an hour a day.Playing games while on passes time fast..try it..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Im still doing Excersise Bike& Play Games Same Time..

Hey Bulldinkie!

I'm so glad to see your post. Whoever was the numpty that told you it would not work obviously has their own issues to deal with. If I had a treadmill at home I'd rather be walking than sitting when watching TV. We don't have room at the present time but I'm still thinking about it.

Do you even notice now that you are cycling when doing these things? Making any exercise enjoyable is a plus - not to mention your heart health has probably improved dramatically!

You go girl! Burn that rubber!

Whoooo whoooooo!

o

I find that my treadmill time goes by faster and easier when there's something I can "do" while I'm walking/jogging. Some people can't manage to read while exercising, but I do. That really helps. If I had the space to put the treadmill in the same room as the TV, you bet I'd use it while watching videos or shows. I'd NEVER sit down to watch TV if I could be moving on something. A mini-trampoline or even just sitting on a Pilates ball can help with keeping some part of you active (even if it's just the abs) while you otherwise watch TV or play games.
Glad it worked for you! It just makes sense, doesn't it?

o

My husband rides the exercise bike every day, and plays his PSP or Nintendo DS while doing it. He originally weighed 225 when he started doing this about 3 years ago, now he weighs 175. It works!!

My feeling on it is, do what you gotta do to keep interested in doing the exercise. I always watch DVDs while on the bike or treadmill, myself.

o

its amazing how fast the hour goes by.It gets to be natural, your feet going while playing games.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here