Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Bacteria making us fat? New study

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 21, 06 at 13:11

Read the article in the link below. Interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bacteria Making Us Fat?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Bacteria making us fat? New study

Interesting....

o

This was the subject of an article in the New York Times Magazine of August 13, 2006. Not sure if this link will work, but here 'tis:

Here is a link that might be useful: New York Times Magazine article on bacteria & obesity

o

I'm sorry but we KNOW what's making us fat! We eat WAY too much and do not MOVE enough. We can blame whatever we want, but it's the fried mac & cheese and fried creamed corn that does it. We don't eat OR move like we did even 10 years ago. I hate to be a downer - but it's true!

o

I agree with you, kate75. Still, the article's interesting from a biological point of view.

o

Thanks awm03,

I was worried about rocking the boat being a newbie, but I KNOW from experience it's true.

I used to teach a body sculpting class and worked out almost everyday at our local gym. But b/c of new managment I quit, but didn't quit my eating habits. When I worked out I could eat everything I wanted to. But after I quit I gained about 10-15 pounds.

I started working out again b/f X-mas and eating clean but not dieting and lost 6# in 2 weeks. The article is interesting, but we know the real culprit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here