SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deemarie5500

SS Christmas Day through New Year's Eve

deemarie5500
17 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Marci said it so much better on last week's thread!)

Comments (32)

• yankandtex
    17 years ago

I was so glad to see a post from Zig & Milkdud. You girls come back here more often, please. We miss you when you are gone.

Milkdud~I'm green with envy. My DS#1 & DDIL & DGD leave today for Iowa to go to DDIL's DB's wedding so pray that DGD does all right on the plane. She is 4 months today. I got a bunch of pics of her today & I'm so excited. She looks like she is rolling over & she has those beautiful big, dark, brown eyes. Just such a cutie!

Besh~Dave did catch some fish but he didn't keep them. There was an alligator out there that was after their bait & kept going after their bobbers. They said it was a small one but an alligator is an alligator to me just like the only good snake is a dead snake. LOL I really do know that there are good snakes that keep away vermin & bad snakes. But they still give me the heebie-jeebies.

I'll write more later today! Patti :)

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Merry Christmas.............I hope everyone had a good one.

Christmas was wonderful here. Hectic but fun. We are all dragging our feet and I am glad it's behind me. Now I want to focus on what I can do positive for myself in the coming new year. I have the opportunity to have a clean slate and get into shape!!

So, come out today and tell us how your Christmas was.

• Related Discussions

Share your New Year's Eve Dinner and New Year's Day Meals.......

Q

Comments (32)
    Angelaid, I love potato pancakes but I would say that is is my favourite version. There is no secret to making these pancakes. I've made them with mashed potatoes that I made specifically for making these pancakes and I've also made extra mashed potatoes for dinner and saved the leftovers for these pancakes. When I make them with the leftover mashed potatoes there is also butter in the mix. This is not a stiff or thick batter. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop up the batter. Mere Blanc's Potato Pancakes From:www.thedailyspud.com with very minor changes. 2 small baking potatoes 1/4 cup milk 1/3 cup All-Purpose flour 2 eggs, separated 1-1/2 tablespoons heavy cream Pinch of salt Pepper Fresh chives (or green onions) Butter for frying Cook potatoes until tender Mash with a little milk. Let potatoes cool before adding the remaining milk, cream, flour, egg yolks, salt, pepper and chives. Beat Egg Whites until stiff. Fold into potato mixture. Do not over mix. This is a light but thick batter. Heat a griddle or skillet. ( I used a rectangle electric frying pan) . Brush with butter. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup drop batter on to griddle. Cook until pancakes are brown and then flip. Serve with sour cream. Here is a link that might be useful: Potato Pancakes
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. Dec. 18th through Christmas Eve

Q

Comments (40)
    Yes DeeMarie Jen Donna Tikanas (it usually does not take that long Besh!) Patti Marci - it came today! Besh (it didn't take that long Tikanas!) Raeanne - it came today! No NH Suzanne I can't imagine that Maddie would forget, as she is the top chief/liaison/organizer/coordinator/get-it-together and fly girl. Dee - I am sure you could tell Rich a few things, so my lips are sealed. Besh - enjoy your well deserved time off. Tikanis - I agree with not working out while sick. I missed working out so much that I think I rushed it. NH Suzanne - I loved the photos, thanks. Marci - enjoy your time off. Sounds like you might have your hands full this year. Jen - I received the package today. Now I can't wait to open it LOL. I will wait to see if we hear from Suzanne or Maddie about opening up, but now that MY package has arrived I'm not making any promises LOL.
    ...See More

Do you have plans for New Years Day/Eve?

Q

Comments (25)
    I work New Year's Eve and day, double time pay. Yeah!! In fact, I went through about half the year's schedule for 2008 and signed up to work every holiday and will finish once my last week of leave is approved. New Year's eve we are having a little "party" at work, basically eating chili and finger foods. I've never gone out for New Year's Eve, ever. When I was growing up we always had whole crab on New Year's day and stayed up till midnight the night before watching Dick Clark. Is he even doing it his show this year?
    ...See More

New Year's Eve (or Day) Weather

Q

Comments (8)
    Hi Shirley, our weather is surprisingly much the same as yours this last day of the year - temp wise at least. It's clear, sunny. I have one bank of living room draperies pulled part way at floor to ceiling windows. It's that few weeks of the year where with no leaves on the trees, low morning sun angle hits some leather furniture, rest of the year I'm good and don't have to worry about fading. 27F at 7 AM when I got up. DH had been up earlier, put hummingbird feeders back outside and gone back to bed ;) He didn't want those little critters to have icy breakfast. We are not supposed to climb out of the 30's today or for the next few days. No fog, no rain. I wish I was a little tougher because I have some outside clean up I'd like to do in my shrub beds, that sunshine is deceiving though, it's cold. Washington coast. (and south of blfenton)
    ...See More
  • aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Well I don't know if anyone else opened their package, but I couldn't resist any longer LOL - so here goes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jen - you put together a wonderful package for me and I really appreciate everything. I hope I don't leave anything out, but this is what I got: box of Turtles (I will use them when I have company), a lovely soft fleece scarf and gloves, a beautiful frame, a set of cordial glasses (I don't know where she ever got the idea that I would use these???), a star shaped ornament with a snowman, another ornament of a very round woman with a purse in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, with a gold bow around her waist and feathers on her head and knees (her legs are dangly) - my description doesn't do it justice! 2 beautiful advertisements with the most gorgeous models (Erica & Tara) (you should've had them autographed because I think they have a future in modeling) and last but hardly least I got back Tikanis' tacky silver ball - so let's see who ends up with it next year!

Jen - was the woman the tacky ornament? I think she is adorable and we immediately found a prominent place to display her LOL. Thanks so much - you really brightened my Christmas with your thoughtfulness.

Suzanne - I am loving Sirius, and I am catching up on some of the antics of this past year.

Last night after dinner it started to snow - the flakes were the size of snowballs and the girls took Barkly out to play (just like old times)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

• donna_southnj
    17 years ago

Hi - Christmas was wonderful! In spite of not being ready I am very proud of the way I pulled it together, got my gifts ready, house decorated and hosted Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners!

Sounds like everyone had a great holiday - I am glad!

Suzanne - I loved my package. Believe it or not I have just started collecting Willow Tree (I had only one) so I absolutely love my angel and she is hanging right in the front of my tree. Suzanne was terrific - she sent me maple syrup made by a neighbor, post cards from her beautiful town and cards by her artist neighbor. She also included a picture of her and her handsome DH and her beloved Sweet Pea. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I loved everything.

I am off today, work tomorrow and Thursday and then off again Friday. Lots to do today - no malls or stores though.

Will check in later.

Donna

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Wow!!!! I am ripping into my package from Dear Maddie when I get home............I was good and waited.

Donna, I am happy you like the Willow ornament. My sister collects them and they are really lovely. I hope you will indulge in the maple syrup because it's really delicious. I can taste the french toast now!! Enjoy your day off.

Raeanne, I am glad you are enjoying Sirius.....but wasn't this a gift for DH? LOL I love the ornament Jen sent to you!! Sounds perfect.

Our Christmas was great this year - mostly because DH was calm and cool! He did very well for him as he gets very uptight around the big group (40) for dinner Christmas eve. There is a lot of drinking and it makes him nervous. Christmas day was fun and our first sibling Yankee Swap was a success! We had fun and it really took some of the stress off the buying thing.

Cute story - our god son, Jake said to me my present to you and Uncle Mark this year is great because you don't have to worry about anybody having to feed it while you are away and it won't affect Uncle Mark's allegies........( we are walking outside having this conversation) so as we walk along he asked me if I liked geese and I said "yes, I love them...are they dead or alive" not imagining what he was talking about. As we turned the corner of the house there were three big white wooden geese with big red bows around thier necks sitting on the lawn. He made them! He was too cute and the gift is special! He's such a sweetie. I will have to post a picture.

I wish we had snow...........we got a few flurries last night before it changed to rain.

Maddie, come out where ever you are!!!

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Hi Suzanne - the geese sound perfect for you. We didn't exchange gifts this year, as we decided our trip in January to Cancun will be our gift. So this Sirius is more a joint gift, however he will probably use it more than me in his car. However, when he is sleeping it is up for grabs LOL.

I don't know if I jumped the gun on opening the present, but I thought that Dee said Maddie received her's so I thought it was a GO. Besides that my kids were bugging me to see what was in it LOL.

I am so glad to have an extra day off, as I am exhausted.

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You are correct, Raeanne...it was a GO!! LADIES, START YOUR ENGINES AND UNWRAP THOSE GIFTS!!!!!!!!!

Patti and Dave were super generous and so funny! Ed and I had so much fun opening up box after box. I have pictures that I'll send tomorrow to Marci because I'm so bad at descriptions. Also, I know I'll leave out stuff because we've already put them out, used some, etc.

Lovely sugar-free orange marmi. I will bring this into the office and share it with my friends (many Brits!) because they make great scones and muffins there.

Great honey with part of the hive in it! (I'm so one-with-nature in my decriptions, huh? LOL) I just finished up the honey that Lynn sent me so this comes at a great time. My stepdaughter had some in her tea last night after Christmas Dinner and said it was fabulous.

Ornaments fit for the tropical travelers. Patti/Dave I have to tell you that Ed practically tripped running to the tree to add these.....his and hers tiny tropical outfits on tiny hangers....two lovely blue ornaments with palm trees and precious blue ribbons! Hope you did not mean them as tacky because we love them and so did our 17 guests last night!

Willow Tree....a serene beautiful angel holding a good-luck pineapple....she is standing next to a crystal bell in my curio cabinet. So pretty and you know how I love angels. I felt my mom's spirit in the room when I opened it; got tears in my eyes.

Holiday wine with mull spices and a lovely carrier...we are bringing this to my sisters this weekend to share at her New Year's party.

An Andy Warhol calendar of the most fru-fru shoes in the world...hope to make all you other shoe-freaks jealous with this one! LOL....love it!

A shot glass with a croc (who gives a croc? LOL) that my youngest stepdaughter already took for her collection. She wanted me to drink an ameretto shot for the holidays (and get a picture) but I couldn't because of the pain meds I'm on for the tooth infection.

A post card with a recipe for key lime pie (one of Ed's favorite desserts).

I think I've forgotten something....but I'll be around to post again when this senior brain focuses!

Thank you Patti & Dave---I can see now why you said you had so much fun shopping for this package! You are both so thoughtful and generous. Both Ed and I had a ball opening it up.

Thanks again! Love ya! Dee & Ed

• marci_pa
    17 years ago

Happy Day After Christmas!

I opened my package on Christmas Eve too, after Dee gave us the go ahead.

Raeanne - Thank you for everything! Raeanne sent a beautiful calendar of Lake George so I can picture her neck of the woods all year long. The photos are gorgeous!
    There were some cocktail napkins with a rather unattractive guy saying, "She wants me..." and underneath it says, "Behold the power of eggnog!" There was a R-L-C dice game, a unique snowman ornament (I loved that!), a cold drink holder that was meant to hold some Saratogo water (but Raeanne couldn't find any), some glycerine hand cream that smells lovely and a set of gingerbread cookie cutters with missing limbs! LOL
    I have to relate this story, so you will understand how appropriate the cookie cutters were. I brought home some cookies from one of my preschoolers and set them on the table. DD promptly took out a gingerbread cookie and broke off his head and put the rest of the cookie back in the can. She still hasn't eaten the rest of the cookie, so we have been making jokes about the headless gingerbread man since Thursday. Lo and behold, one of Raeanne's cookie cutters was a headless gingerbread man, so I rewrapped it and gave it to DD as a gag gift. She loved it!
    Also, we played games Christmas Eve in addition to putting together our puzzle, and we played the R-L-C dice game.
    So Raeanne - Thank you for everything! It was perfect and you were a part of our Christmas celebration!

Marci

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Marci - I forgot to mention that my girlfriend who is an artist actually drew the snowman design - his name is Jess after her DH. She sells her designs to be made into wallpaper, etc. Another friend bought this design and made them into ornaments. I just had a strong feeling about the gingerbread cutters LOL. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Dee - I forgot to ask about your tooth - have you been to the dentist yet?

Patti - sounds like you hit a home run with your gifts. I still have your wonderful ornament.

• yankandtex
    17 years ago

Dee~No, nothing was meant to be tacky. LOL

Thank-you to Donna, my special Santa. She bought me a Psalms calendar, an angel ornament, a Santa ornament, & an ornament to sent to our DGD for her 1st Christmas that is Winnie the Poo. So thoughtful. Thanks again.

Sounds like everyone is having fun. I'm eager to hear more.

Tikanis~I don't know what is happening. I still didn't get an E-mail from you.

Marci~I don't think that I got one from you either.

Everyone enjoy the rest of their evening. Patti ;)

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Raeanne, I'm still suffering with this infection...tomorrow morning the dentist's staff returns, so I'm hoping to get an emergency appointment. Once the painkiller wears off, I'm in agony so I cannot wait until this ordeal is o-v-e-r!!!!!!

I love Left-Right-Center (LRC). We play it all the time on the cruises.

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

Hi! Christmas was wonderful!

A big thank you to Besh for the lovely gift box! Besh sent me an official Salem Haunted Happening guide for 2006. Everything you wanted to know about spooky Salem but were afraid to ask! My DD, who LOVES Halloween, was enthralled with this. Next, some Salem postcards including one with some lighthouse pics (I love lighthouses.) A tube of "mint bliss" energizing feet/leg cream was next, followed by acute pair of midnight blue snuggly slippers adorned with snowflakes. Then, there was a GORGEOUS pewter business card holder with a bejeweled butterfly. My ornament is a darling "witchlett" in an orange dress, black hat and a broom. Nothing tacky about this cutie!

Besh, I just love everything! Thank you so much. I must have been REALLY tired because the card I wrote to be included in YOUR box somehow made it into my DD's gift lol! I will email you...

NH Suzanne, I like your positive attitude about the New Year! And I love the story of the geese. Pics please!! (seems like I am always asking you for pics.... :)

Donna, Way to go puling it all off at the last minute! Enjoy your time off.

Marci, I love the headless gingerbread man and the way you surprised your DD. "Re gifting at its best"!! What is an R-L-C dice game?

DeeMarie, pass that honey this way please! I love your enthusiasm!

Raeanne, A white Christmas?? I can picture your girls out playing with the dog. I am sorry (not!) that you ended up with the "tackiest of ornaments" Please fill it APPROPRIATELY before passing it on : )

We had a wonderful Christmas here. DD and DS were so much fun! I loved every minute of it. Tired today though... : )
    I am SO very grateful for every friend and everything I have!!

Milkdud, Zig, John, Bj, Gretchen, Joanne, Amy, Magic Kitty...
    (hope I didn't miss anyone...) Please check in more often.

((((HUGS)))

Tikanas

• Joanne13
    17 years ago

Don't fall over - it's Joanne

Happy Holidays to everyoneAs you all know, I have been MIA for a long time.
    My time is no longer my own - travel every other day to feed my Mom ( she is the strongest lady I have ever known), but it really is time.

From the looks of the Christmas exchange sounds like it was another wonderful year. I was so sorry I missed it this year (first time), but I did think of you all as I hung my black velvet Elvis, my orange glad diva and my lovely balls from all my previous packages.

We had a wonderful Xmas, everyone here - unfortunately the holidays were marred by the death of a dear friend last Thursday. Breast cancer - visitation today and funeral tomorrow. We have MIL and SIL here since xmas eve and not sure when they are leaving - thank God I enjoy their company.

That's about it for now - just wanted to check in and let you know I have not fallen off the face of the world.
    Joanne

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    17 years ago

[[[[[[[[[[[Joanne]]]]]]]]]]] Wishing you a good week and an even better 2007.
    Love
    Dee

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Good morning all,

Joanne, (((((((HUGS))))))) also wish you a good week and wonderful 2007. So you are the strongest woman your mother has ever known! Hang in there.

Tikanis, grateful is one of my very favorite words!! Yes, yes, I will get a pic out for you!! LOL

Marci, what is the RLC dice game? Sounds like Raeanne made anothe hit with her package!

I openend my package from Dear Maddie last night and all I can say is WOW. She send the most beautiful picture frame that is made of horses and horse heads! It's a real stunner. I know it was going to be good because the package was wrapped with horseshoe ribbon!! Maddie, I love, love, love it and I will think of you each time I look at it......and Sweet Pea too. I will look forward to having a special photo for that beautiful frame. Thank you dear friend. NOW LET'S HEAR FROM YOU!!!!

I have Friday off and I have booked myself a massage but before that I am signing up at the gym so I can start some kind of regiment for the 1st of the year. I also have a gift certificate for a personal trainer so I will have no excuses to get this fat axx in gear!! I am actually looking forward to it. Let's see how long this bout of "resolve" lasts!! LOL In the meantime I seem to be stuffing my face with everything that will be "forbidden" soon!! LOL

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Dee - I bought LRC because of you talking about it. I took it on vacation last year and we loved it. I hope this post finds you pain free!

Suzanne - LRC is a dice game that is totally a no-brainer and so portable - it is a lot of fun. I posted a link below, not to purchase it, but for info on it. You can buy them much cheaper than that. I love your motivation right now - you can do it!!!

Joanne - (((((HUGS)))) I agree with Suzanne - when I was reading your post and you said your mother "is the strongest person..." I thought that must be where you get it from. Sorry about your loss - I hope 2007 brings you lots of bright days and happiness.

Tikanis - my San Diego girl is FREEZING LOL.

Make the most of your day!

Here is a link that might be useful: LRC

• besh
    17 years ago

Hello and Happy Holidays. It sounds like everyone had a great one so far. Joanne, it was great to see you post and I am so so sorry about your friend. ((HUGS))

Tikanis, thanks so much for all of the goodies!! I opened a box that was full! It contained a snowman pillow, a cute reindeer felt bag, some notepaper with matching pencils, candy in a cute tin, postcards, a tree ornament, a mini frame and a Yankee Candle tart burner with some scented tarts. Thanks so much Tikanis, it was fun to open!

Has anyone seen that commercial where the wife comes in and starts telling DH how so and so is getting a vacuum for Christmas and DH is sitting next to a wrapped vacuum. I always think that is so funny. Well get what I got for Christmas???? A Dyson! And believe me, I am thrilled. This is how you know that you have been married too long. LOL

Dee, I hope that tooth is feeling better.

Got to fly. Enjoy the day.

Love, Besh

• nhsuzanne
    17 years ago

Besh, what color is your Dyson??? After extensive research last year I bought the Animal (purple) Dyson. I am really thrilled with its performance and you would not believe the animal hair it sucks up each time............gross!!

• besh
    17 years ago

Suzanne, I got the purple one too. It is called the Absolute Dyson. I think it may be the newest one, but I don't know what the differences are. It is definitely for animals. I have not tried it yet, I'll keep you posted.

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

Good Morning!

Joanne, nice to see you. I am hoping that your New Year will be a better one. My heart goes out to you and your Mom.

Raeanne, L-R-C is listed as a game for 5-12 year olds. Sounds about my speed! We are having a bit of cold here in CA. I hope your girl has some nice winter things to bundle up in!

Suzanne, that massage sounds wonderful! I totally understand about "resolve" : )

Besh, I am so glad that you liked the pkg.

I am up early to do some paperwork and I had better get to it!

Have a great day!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tikanas, I may have forgotten to mention that we play LFC with dollar bills when on vacation (each player only needs $3)! After a martini or two, we have been known to play with up to 15 people, sometimes with $5 bills (you need $15 to play). Gets very exciting and the "pot" is huge!

Maddie, please check in!

• yankandtex
    17 years ago

Good Morning, Everyone! It sounds like everyone has enjoyed opening their presents.

Joanne~I was so glad to see you post. ( H U G S )

DeeMarie~ ( H U G S ) I know that you must be miserable with your tooth. Dave is having problems with his teeth too. We will have insurance to cover dental & eyes starting the 1st.

Tikanis~I finally got what you were trying to send me. I will try to call tonight.

Donna~I got DGD's ornament sent off to her today. They should be home this weekend. The wedding is tomorrow.

I was going to say something to everyone but it is cold here compared to what we are used to & my feet are freezing. LOL I'll try to get back. If I don't, I hope that everyone has a great rest of the day. Patti :)

• jen823
    17 years ago

Good Morning/Afternoon,

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Marci, THANK YOU so much. My package was wonderful. Also, the girls absolutely LOVE you. Thank you so much for thinking of them. My box included: a Dora Doodle book and a stuffed kitty ornament with a surprise in it for Tara, a Barbie game book with a teddy bear angel ornament with a surprise in it. Did you make the ornaments?? They are so cute! Next was my packages, Marci sent me a 8X8 pink scrapbook with some refill pages, 3 spools of pink, yellow, and purple ribbon, a ribbon stitch tool (which I can put to good use), a box of embellishments, Little Princess Scrap pads, Precious Moments Scrapbook stickers, Quotable Notables, Alphabet stickers, Poem Stones, Foam dots, a gorgeous black scarf (which is my new favorite), a snowman tin, set of snowman paper plates, napkins, and cups, some hot chocolate, and a snowman hand towel. This is one of my most cherished presents this Christmas! OH, I forgot, I got the tacky ornament that came from Magickitty, Deemarie, Marci, and who knows where it will end up next year! Thank you so much!

Gotta run, had to pop into the office to jump on the net. I hope you all have a great New Years. Love ya all!

Jen

• jen823
    17 years ago

Raeanne, the lady in the bikini or whatever she was wearing was supposed to be my idea of the tacky ornament. Glad you liked everything. I just couldn't resist sending you back the silver ball. At least it had some good Kissables in it. Glad you liked everything. I had fun picking everything out. I have a BAD habit of buying everyone I know picture frames. Don't know why, but I love picking them out.

Jen

• aka_raeanne
    17 years ago

Jen - everyone that comes to visit loves that ornament - I may have to keep it out year round LOL. I was sure she was the tacky ornament, but she is just tacky enough to be good! Don't worry I am only going to have that silver ball for another year hehehe. I love picture frames and that is a favorite of mine to give as a gift too.

Tikanis - I am telling you that the game is a total no brainer, but it is fun. Danielle went to Manhattan and she was bundled up LOL.

Have a great day.

• marci_pa
    17 years ago

Jen - Glad that you liked everything. I did make the ornaments for the girls and your black scarf. My friend and I made the Winter Wishes boxes. Have fun with the scrapbooking stuff!

My Christmas tree is officially toast and is out at the curb for the trashman tomorrow. The entire bottom row of branches fell off Christmas afternoon, so we took the ornaments and lights off those branches and left a rather sad, misshapen tree standing there. The kids left for Florida this morning, and I promptly took the rest of the tree apart. It served me well, but it's time has come to an end! :~(

I only had a few returns to make and I managed to make it the mall yesterday and didn't have to wait in any lines. My house seems so quiet now (although I was wishing for a few minutes of peace before I actully had it) and now I won't rest easy until the kids call. They are driving to North Carolina today and then into Tampa tomorrow.

DH wants on the computer to play with his Mp3 player, so I had better go.

Later,
    Marci

• magickitty
    17 years ago

Good Evening all.

Sounds like the gift exchange was a success. Send in those pics so we can see the goodies.

Sounds like everyone had a nice christmas. Mine was. I got to see my family and DH's family. We flew in on Wednesday night the 20th and drove back down to florida on Christmas night. we left at 6:00 pm and arrived at 4:45 pm the next day. We drove straight through and we made it to Palm Coast florida, stopped at a Perkins for a bite to eat, left there and back on the road for about 45 minutes and DH announced he thinks he left his wallet at Perkins which was 60 miles back. we called the perkins using 411 and someone had turned it in......Thank goodness....so we had to drive back and get it. We were so fortunate someone turned it in....then as we pulled out of Perkins a major accident happened two cars ahead of us so we were delayed 1/2 hour there......but we made it home!!!!!!

QOD: What are your plans for New Years.

We do not have any plans and will stay home and watch movies. We had quite a hectic x-mas and will appreciate some alone time. The couple who drove us back to florida stayed on with us for a couple nights so tonight is our first night to relax since the 19th of December.

Have a great evening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

• besh
    17 years ago

Good Morning,

Welcome back Lynn. I'm glad you made it through in one piece! Great news about getting DH wallet back. Enjoy the peace and quiet for the rest of this year!

Marci, my tree is coming down today.:-( DS took all the boxes out of the attic for me yesterday and my plan is to go through them and get rid of old decorations that I just don't use any more. I seem to put less and less up every year.

Jen, the girls must have been cute at Christmas. There is nothing like the little ones to liven up the day. I miss that.

Patti, did your toes defrost? Have you ever heard of Carrabelle Florida? I just sent for some info on it today. Sounds very nice to me. It is up in the panhandle someplace.

I did get one of my books read this week. Three to go, do you think I will make it? NOT. I read Shattering Glass, very disturbing. About High School kids that go bad. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It was hard to put down, but the content was a little upsetting. I think I will read something a little lighter for my next one.

DS and I are going into Boston on Monday to see Body Worlds 2. I can't wait. Has anyone seen it, or heard of it? I know alot of people that have gone and said it was incredible.

I should get off of this computer now. I've got a million things to do and vacation is almost over. Boy it flew by. I would like to start the new year out somewhat organized. I filled in my two calendars for next year, so that is a good start.

Enjoy the day.
    Love, Besh

Here is a link that might be useful: Body Worlds

• donna_southnj
    17 years ago

Quick check in...will check in over the weekend.

Looks like the exchange was a success and we all did very well.

Patti - I am so glad you enjoyed your package!

Lynn - good to see you stop in.

Will catch up and post over this long weekend.

Donna

• yankandtex
    17 years ago

Lynn~Glad that you made it back it one piece & that DH was able to recover his wallet. There are still some good people in the world today.

Besh~My toes are defrosted for now. LOL I don't think that I have very good blood flow in my broken foot yet. Dave said that it was cold last night but the knee that is giving me trouble was hot according to him. I'm reading the "Chronicles of Narnia" & it is so long that it is taking me a while but I'm really enjoying it. I don't know about Carrabelle, FL. I don't know much about the panhandle.

Marci~I need to get with you so that we can figure out how to post some of the pictures of my little one. Let me know when you are coming to Tampa.

Jen~It sounds like you got some really good gifts. I am supposed to be working on a scrapbook for Dave's parents' 50th wedding anniversary in July. I haven't been able to find the book. I may have to get it off the 'Net.

QOD~My 16-y.o. niece is in Orlando playing soccer & we will probably go watch her or at least go & take her out to do something fun. She is a doll. She stays so busy that she doesn't have time to get in trouble. She is in the band, the school's soccer team & band & she has several of the honor's classes & she runs track, then she is in one of the soccer teams that is exclusive & you have to be picked & like this weekend, they go places for competition. Then Dave & I plan to watch movies & have some of the pomegranate martinis then we will have some Asti Spumanti while watching Dick Clark's show & toast in the New Year. This is pretty much a tradition for us. We were pretty sad the year that Dick Clark was too sick to do the show himself. I have to say that I am so thankful for good friends like each of you. With your help, I will get healthier this year. I'm having an MRI done on my knee on Tuesday. They will probably say that nothing is wrong but it has still been hurting along with my foot. I can tell that they are healing though. Love you each. Happy New Year. Patti :)

• besh
    17 years ago

Wow Patti, your niece sounds like a great kid. It is so good for kids to be busy like that. Keeps them out of trouble. My DS was getting a little discouraged with football this year (sophmores don't get much play time) and said that he wasn't going to play next fall. DH and I and several others encouraged him to stay with it. There is no other fall sport for him to play and his trumpet playing days are over, so he didn't want to do band. He is going to play again in the fall. Right now he is playing indoor lacrosse and will play JV lacrosse in the spring. I love to see him busy. The martini's sound great! Salut!

QOD: Our traditional NYE is to make dinner with friends. We (and I mean that loosely) cook a prime rib with all the fixins. I am just responsible for salad and dessert. That I can handle.

Enjoy the day.

Love, Besh

• yankandtex
    17 years ago

Thanks, Besh. She is a great kid. She is home sick right now. She doesn't like her roommate & the hotel keys are not working for their room. They had to go to a fancy dinner last night in their soccer uniforms while everyone else was dressed in something else. She did score a goal & they won their game against a Chicago team 5-0. We didn't go yesterday b/c Dave had a fever of 102.2. We are going today though. I'm pretty excited to see her. I want to help her if I can with her homesickness. At least there will be a couple of familiar faces in the crowd. She said that we had picked a good game to come to.

Dave asked me to say hi to everyone. And, I got on here to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Please have a safe one. We should be back long before the drinkers are on the road. The game is at 4:30 & I think that they last an hour. Then it takes a little over an hour to get home. Love to all~Patti :)

Sponsored