SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Need Help with my Diet

rivkadr
16 years ago

I've been trying to lose about 5 to 8 pounds for the past few months, and I'm just getting nowhere with it. I did some BMR calculators, and they all showed that I should be aiming for around 1300 calories a day (I'm 5' 2", and weigh 115 pounds). Before you say, "Gosh, you don't need to lose weight!" it's not weight that I'm looking to lose (I'm actually quite happy with my weight and 95% of my body), it's fat around my stomach, and every trainer I've talked to says I'm not going to get rid of the fat around my stomach without losing a few pounds and getting my BMI down a little bit more. I can do all the crunches and situps in the world, but you won't be able to actually see my ab muscles until some of the fat is gone.

So here's my current diet (I'm vegetarian, which is why you don't see any meat in there):

B: bowl of special k (200)

L: salad or PB&J sandwich or burrito + low-fat yogurt (300 - 400)

S: apple or pear or banana (100)

D: lean cuisine + veggies (400)

S: popcorn or weight watchers bar (100)

S: granola bar (100)

That puts me right around the 1300 calorie range per day. I also exercise for about half an hour, which burns about 100 to 150 calories (if I trust my exercise bike). And yet...no weight loss. I'm maintaining just fine on this diet. If I eat more I actually gain weight (and yes, I'm very sure about the calorie numbers and portions in question). What gives?

Comment (1)

Sponsored