Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ear Staples for weight loss?

Posted by lydia1959 (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 9, 08 at 11:20

I've been doing a lot of research into the Auriculo staple for weight loss. Anyone had experience with this? Or know someone who has?

This is based on accupunture points and a doctor will insert a small staple on the ear. From what I've read about 20% of people have excellent results, 60% lose about 1 -2 lbs. per week and the remaining 20% lose nothing.

Before you say it is a bunch of bunk read the study in the link. They came to the conclusion that there is something physiological with it, it is just not because you want it to work or believe that it will. People also did not regain the weight lost.

I am seriously considering having this done since I've had a impossible time trying to lose weight after being diagnosed as Hypothyroid. It is about $100. for both ears and that also includes adjustments and removal. You can leave these for 6 months. They also can put in staples to help you stop smoking. And yes, some people will get infections - these must be cleaned several times a day.

Here is a photo of what they look like:

What are your thoughts??

Here is a link that might be useful: Study

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ear Staples for weight loss?

Mmmm...now you've got me interested. Can I DIY with my staplegun attached to DH's compressor?

I don't knock anything if it helps someone gain their weightloss goals, especially when it doesn't involve pills or bad diet plans.

Mmmmmmmm....might have to shovel a path to the workshop!

Thanks for sharing.

o

Got this done today. It was done at a chiropractor's office, he did some sort of stimulation at about 10 points on my ear first.. this was uncomfortable.. a stinging feeling and then he used the ear staple gun to attach the staples. Ok.. that hurt too! lol

So far I have noticed that about 15 minutes after dinner (a single bowl of chili) I felt quite full. I had an apple about 9 pm and again felt full about 15 minutes later. You are supposed to feel full about 5 minutes after starting to eat.. maybe that will come later.

I am not trying to be too optimistic in case it doesn't work for me. A friend went with me too today and got her ear stapled. I will come back in a couple weeks and give you an update. Hopefully at least one of us will have good results to report!

o

2 weeks today and I am unsure if the staple does anything. The "full" feeling didn't last so I have been eating normally. I have lost 1 1/2 lbs. but my weight flucuates slightly anyhow.

My friend however has lost 5 lbs. and that is with a boyfriend who sabotages her weight loss by making waffles, pies and other goodies on a daily basis. She feels the "fullness" (the staples are supposed to provide) once in a while.

Neither of us has exercised.

I'll give another update later.

o

3 week update. My 1 1/2 lbs. found me again. My friend gained 2 of her 5 lbs. back.. so for us the staple doesn't seem to be doing much.

The staple doesn't bother me at all now, so I'll leave it in for a while longer. The chiropractor that does this will give us the ear stimulation (at the accupressure sites) for free when we are in the area. So my friend and I may go have that done once more before giving up on the staples.

o
More info on spam

I see there are some other ingredients. Here's the skinny on some of those.
From Wikipedia
"Glucomannan is an ingredient in a variety of dietary supplement products marketed via television advertisements claiming to aid in weight loss. According to the FTC, there is no clinical data supporting many of the claims[10][11] and several companies have been determined by the FTC or the FDA to have violated the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act including Vitacost,[12] PediaLean,[13] Herbal Worldwide Holdings,[14] BioTrim,[15] and others."

From Sensational.com diet reviews
"Cha de Bugre has not been proven to be effective in weight loss (limited to water weight)

Contains caffeine which can cause negative side effects

Does not contain a proven appetite suppressant"

Here is a link that might be useful: Sensational.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here