Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support Mon. Dec. 18th through Christmas Eve

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 11:02

Good morning all,

Check out the basket of eggs. The blue eggs look very green here. They are actually bluish-green.

Tikanis, they are all delicious with deep yellow to orange yolks.

Marci, you kill me with the amount of cookies you made!! Answer the question, why do you do it to yourself! Lots of work but I bet everyone really enjoys them.

We all work too hard during the holidays. It's the joy of giving and making.

This weekend was a busy place here. I have to go back and read again. I am sure I missed something.

Raeanne, I hope you feel better today. It's not a good time to be sick.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support Mon. Dec. 18th through Christmas Eve

Suzanne, looks like Easter arrived early up in NH!! Thanks for getting us started.

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[RAEANNE]]]]]]]]]]]]] - wish I lived closer so I could help you with your holiday chores while you recover. I'm not looking forward to my ob/gyn visit, but who does really? LOL!

I finally got to the wine shop and spent 1/2 hour totally puzzled. Asked for help, but I'm not very good at even describing what I want. In the end, I walked up and down the aisles and read the signs which stated "award winner", "good value for those who like blah blah", etc. Think I did OK but not sure so I wrapped them immediately before I could change my mind! haha

Make this week count, and take some time for yourselves.

John, BJ, Maddie, Joanne, Gretchen, Amy........all those whom I forget........Please check in! Happy Holidays!!!!!

DeeMarie

o

Dave says to tell each of you how nice it was of you to say you were sorry about his denial. (It really stinks & if they had to live with the little things that go along with it, they would be his advocate too!) I mean, Dave is the most wonderful guy, I think, but they have nightmares, walk in their sleep, cannot watch anything that vaguely reminds them of the stressor, which in his case in someone on fire & that has knocked out over 1/2 of the movies in the last few years. Some of them are much worse than he, b/c he has never attacked me in my sleep. But, he never had to attack anybody.

I haven't talked to Milkdud even though I keep threatening to. I'll try to call her tomorrow.

NH Suzanne~The eggs are beautiful. I've always heard that fresh are so much better than the ones you get in the stores.

Tikanis~Cypress Gardens is the oldest theme park in FL & is just about 30 minutes or so from us. It is where Esther Williams made her movies & the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" was made there, too. We went to watch Lee Greenwood's Christmas show, then an ice skating show which was quite good, then we grabbed some burgers--believe me, there are no healthy choices there & we left at 1:00 p.m. & came home after 8:00 p.m.--then walked around & looked at their Christmas light display. It was so beautiful. They have beautiful plants there all year 'round that they make into animals. They are always changing them. They have concerts there all year 'round too.

I'm going to ask again--when do we open our gifts? Patti :)

o

Good Morning,

Raeanne, Your package is in the mail. I hope you get feeling better.

Well, once again, it is Christmas time and Erica has gotten the flu. She is not puking, but has everything else. I am praying that she will be well enough tomorrow to go to school, but I have my doubts. The doctor says 3-4 more days. Please say some prayers for a speedy recovery. Her fever was 103 at the docs yesterday. I am taking Airborne like crazy.

NH Suzanne, Love the pics of the eggs. This is a stupid question, but what makes the difference in colors? I get farm fresh eggs from the sitters, and they are always brown. Much better than store bought eggs by far.

Well, I better run, DH and I are taking shifts. He gets this morning and I am taking this afternoon.

Have a great day.

Jen

o

QOD: I'm not sure who has received packages. I will try to call Maddie today, as she's in charge and may be having computer problems.

Let's start though----who has received pacakges?

DeeMarie - YES

o

I received my package from Marci yesterday.

Jen

o
Holiday Exchange

OK, I left Maddie a message on her cell phone. I mailed her package on Friday, 8-December, so she should have it by now.

YES
DeeMarie
Jen

NO

Feel free to cut-and-paste above and add your name to appropriate list.

:0)

o

YES
DeeMarie
Jen

NO
Raeanne - but Jen has mailed it

I just mailed Marci's today, it went 2 day priority, so she will have it before the deadline of the 23rd.

I had a check-up today and the Dr. tested me for strep and it was negative - I still feel lousy - he says it is just a virus going around. He was so excited about me losing weight and my blood work showing better numbers. He gave me a paper with all the stats and drew a star next to one and an A+ on another and rounded out my check-up with an A LOL. I never saw him act so silly before. As I left he said "I am so proud of you".

I thought I posted yesterday, but must've forgotten to push the submit button.

Suzanne - I hope you don't mind if I steal your photo for my next painting project. It is a beautiful photo.

Jen - I will let you know when my package arrives. Prayers are coming for Erica and that no one else gets sick.

I am going to try and take a nap right now. I didn't sleep well last night.

Enjoy.

o

YES
DeeMarie
Jen

NO
Raeanne - but Jen has mailed

NHSuzanne NO ( I don't know who is sending mine)
I have Donna and she should have hers today or tomorrow.

Raeanne, I would be most honored if you painted those eggs. I can send more shots if you would like to see them. I can't wait to see it.

Very busy at work.

Check out the link below. SO cute

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken Christmas

o

Hi,

YES
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna

I sent Patti's package yesterday via UPS and they guaranteed me delivery by Friday 12/22.

will catch up later.

Donna

o

Good evening everyone!!!!

NH Suzanne - Loved the pic of the eggs - beautiful. I also enjoyed the chickens singing. I have the perfect person to send the chickens singing link too. I guy I work with will just start clucking like a chicken out of the clear blue. Everyone else thinks he is nuts, but I love his sense of humor.

Hope everyone who was not feeling well, gets better for the holidays!!!!

Raeanne - the elf dancing was hysterical.

I will be off visiting my parents and MIL in Ohio for the christmas weekend.....so I will catch all of you next week.

EVERYONE HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND ENJOY YOUR FESTIVITIES!!!!!!!

Take Care!!!

Lynn

o

Yes
DeemMarie
Jen
Donna

No
Raeanne (but Jen has mailed it)
NH Suzanne
Tikanas

My pkg to Besh goes out 2 day mail in the morning. ( I am SOoooo behind!)

Jen, I am so sorry to hear that Erica is sick. Sending good wishes her way (and some for her Mom too!)

Suzanne, that photo of your eggs is gorgeous. It is the simple things that impress me. I dont blame Raeanne for wanting to paint them. What did you finally decide to get the inlaws?

DeeMarie, Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy whartever, wrap and dont look back!

Patti, I tried writing to you thru Gardenweb and I know you didnt get it... Could you please send me your email address? Or better yet, call me! Please tell Milkdud hi for me!

Hi Lynn! Have a fun, safe trip!

Raeanne, I hope that you are feeling better. Count me as one who is cheering for you re the that WONDERFUL MD report!! Way to go!!! I am SO proud of you!

I have been having a VERY busy week! I love Christmas time but I am not prepared this year. I am usually all done WAY before now.

This is a bittersweet time too. I got to visit with my best friend last week when she flew down from Oregon, where she moved last year. Today, another dear friend sat me down and gently told me that her house had sold. They will be moving to Iowa after Christmas. I am going to miss her so much!!

Well, I am baking cookies and finishing paperwork in between batches tonight. Tomorrow after work, I will finish the shopping and start wrapping.

Ever done something REALLY stupid? I am laughing at myself tonight! All week, my car has been smelling a bit "off". I looked but couldnt find a thing. Today it became unbearable and I tore the whole car apart. I found a bag of shrimp that I had purchased LAST WEEK!! behind some emergency supplies. ICK! Has anyone else done something like this?

Off to bake cookies!

(((HUGS)))

Tikanas

o

Tikanis, too funny about the shrimp. My SIL once dropped a package of hamburg in the back of her car, then they left for vacation for a week! Yuck. I mailed your package about a week ago, I'm surprised you have not received it yet. Does it usually take this long from coast to coast?

Yes
DeemMarie
Jen
Donna

No
NH Suzanne
Tikanas (but Besh has mailed it)
Besh

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Got to get ready for work. Suzanne, love the eggs!

Have a great day. Relax and destress!

Love, Besh

o

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna

No
NH Suzanne
Besh
Marci (but Raeanne has mailed it)

Three days of school left and we will have made it through another year of Christmas plays. We sometimes wonder why we even attempt to put on the play, but it usually works out in the end. This year we had to improvise since more than one child didn't want to play any traditional part. We have 4 Kings and a couple extra animals and one sheep with a cracked headband. He broke it because he wanted to be something besides "a stupid sheep".

Hope all who are sick are feeling better by Christmas.

Gotta run! I slept in this morning.

Marci

o

Suzanne, according to the original list, Maddie has your name for the exchange. I still have not heard from her tho, so she must be very busy.

o

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
No
NH Suzanne
Besh
Patti (but Donna has mailed it)

Raeanne~I'm sorry that you are sick still.

Jen~I'm sorry that Erica is sick, especially at this time & will be praying that she is better before Christmas. Is she fussy? I know that our grandson isn't feeling well & he is fussy right now.

Tikanis~I will send you my E-mail addy. I haven't been able to call you b/c I cannot find your phone number.

I tried calling Milkdud. I left a message on her phone. She may be spending Christmas with her granddaughters. I'm just not certain. I know that I would be if I had the opportunity--with the DGSs or DGD. Dave said to say hi to everyone. Have a lovely day. It is 81 degrees here. Can you believe that we want to move back to where the weather will be bad for both of us? LOL But family is the most important thing, I think. Patti :)

Merry Christmas BJ, John, Joanne, Amy, Milkdud, & anyone else who might be lurking!

o

Good day,

Marci thanks for reminding me!

No one is allowed to be sick!! Do you hear me? No one. If you are sick now, get well right now.

Tikanis and Beth, ugh!! I can not imagine what those things smelled like! ICK

Tikanis, sorry your friend is moving! That's a tough one. We got my FIL a mirror with a lariat wrapped around it for a n old barn he's renovating into a party place and we got MIL tickets to see Loretta Laroche in January. She is a great and funny motivational speaker on dealing with stress in life. I have seen her before and she used to be on PBS regularly. She's too funny.

Well, I am busy, busy so I have to run.

o

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Tikanas (it usually does not take that long Besh!)

No
NH Suzanne
Besh (but Tikanas has mailed it)
Patti (but Donna has mailed it)

Marci, your Christmas play sounds wild. Where do you find the patience?? I hope that you enjoy every minute of your time off.

Patti, I'll look for your email.

Besh, I'll bet that ground beef smelled as nasty as the shrimp. Phew! We have an odor free car once again! : )

I am back in the ball game! I mailed Besh's box out 2 day prioriy this AM. Gauranteed to arrive by Friday. Talk about cutting it close! I did a LOT of shopping today too! I am almost done and will wrap on Saturday.

Raeanne, let us know how you are doing.

Jen, I hope that Erica is better too.

See ya tomorrow...

Tikanas

o

Hello,

Just checking in as requested, im alive and kicking. Just nothing really positive to post about right now, maybe when Im out of my bummer stage...

Anywho, I still lurk, glad to see everyone is doing well and enjoying the holidays.

take care

John

o

Hi John,

It's good to hear from you!!

How can we help you get out of your bummer stage? Is it the holidays brining you down?

We miss you and hope you will stay with us. Maybe if you share and purge a little you will feel better.

We are here for you brother.

o

Howdy John! It is SO good to see you posting. We have to do something to get you out of that funk. I'm the master of them & I know that they are no fun! So, abracadabra--feel better. Really, please stick around so we will know how you are doing.

I'm having some computer problems today but finally got it up & going so that I could post. (That is the most important thing to do, right?) LOL Have a great day. Patti :)

o

Good THURSDAY afternoon!

John, it was wonderful to see you post. We have been missing so many of our friends lately, so it's good to see you are at least lurking. Please feel free to vent here or privately. You can e:mail me if you need some help.

Hello magickitty! Nice to see you here today!

Raeanne, hope you are feeling better. Great news...I love your doctor!

Work is driving me crazy lately and no let up in sight. I've decided to come in next Wed-Fri while most of the staff is away to get myself organized for 2007. I must have about 30 magazines (business related) that still have the plastic on them.

Brought a big platter of my cookies in today and there is only 1 left! Guess they liked them, huh?

Maddie, Gretchen, Joanne, Amy, BJ, milkdud, KYSusie(?) everyone needs to come out and say hello!

Make today count.
DeeMarie

o

Patti is changing her name on the list b/c she got a special package today. Thanks, Donna. I did get it in time. Patti :)

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti

No
NH Suzanne

o

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti
Raeanne - it came today!

No
NH Suzanne

We made it through two parties and programs and no one fell off the stage. Better yet, no one pushed anyone else off the stage! (And believe me when I say that was a distinct possibility!)

DD is on her way home now and DS called and is leaving tomorrow morning and will be in around midnight Friday. Can't wait!

John - Good to see you POP in!

Later,
Marci

o

John - ((((HUGS)))) I wanted to let you know that the Celestine Prophecy is on DVD now - I just saw it last night and really enjoyed it.

Suzanne - if you get a chance I would love for you to email me a photo or 2 of these beautiful eggs. I will share the painting with you when I am done - but believe me there will be a lot of new eggs between now and then LOL. I am a very slow painter.

Dee - I bet you will accomplish a lot with no one around the office. I love being left alone at work - except on a Saturday in August!

Marci - I'm glad the package arrived! and all your Christmas programs have been uneventful LOL.

Tikanis - Does your car still smell of eau de stinko shrimpo? you are toooo funny.

Today is the first day I can say I feel a bit energized. I have been flat out on my back. I can work for a few hours and then I need a nap. I am hoping to get through today and still have some energy to straighten up the house at least. I did work out yesterday, not sure if that was a good thing or bad, as I felt the worst yesterday afternoon.

Enjoy your day.

o

Good morning all,

It's finally Friday and I get to leave at noon! It's been a long week for some reason. Lot's of work to do elsewhere makes the time drag I suppose.

Raeanne, glad to hear you are you feeling better. It doesn't sound good that you have no energy still. I will email you egg photos. I am getting lots of eggs right now. The average is 5-6 a day!

I hope to go out for a little horse jaunt this afternoon. It's supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow and the rest of the weekend will be busy. The poor horses are getting bored. I have a great Christmas morning meal planned for the. I wish I could be there to feed them but Auntie Karen will do a good job!

I hope everyone gets a chance to check in today before the weekend gets underway.

o

Happy Friday!

Hi John! nice to "see" you. Come back and let us cheer you up! : )

Raeanne, I am glad that you are feeling better but working out while sick is NOT a good idea! Thanks to a high powered air freshner, my car no longer smells like the trash bin at a cat food factory! Please take it easy today....

Patti, I answered your email. Did you get it?

DeeMarie, you can bake cookies for me anytime. I love cooking/baking for happy consumers! I plan to do some "catch up" work myself between Christmas and New Year. Here's hoping that we are all organized for 2007.I am a bit OCD about this...

Marci, I am so glad that you made it through with all children intact lol! Now RELAX!!

I have a surprisingly easy day here. I have 3 more patients to see, some office gifts to drop off, then it's off to finsh my shopping. I am all caught up and able to better enjoy the holiday season.

I hope that everyone has a GREAT day!

(((Hugs!)))

Tikanas

o

Raeanne~I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Marci~I'm glad that the kids behaved. I'm also glad that you get to have Christmas with your kids. Mine celebrated several weeks ago with the in-laws & they are going w/my baby, I might mention, lol, to Iowa, for DBIL's wedding. She will be 4 mo. on 12/26. I hope flying is all right for her.

Tikanis~Where did you answer me? I have not seen anything from you & I have been looking religiously.

NH Suzanne~Dave said that it is sprinkling here. He is fishing. We are supposed to get rain today, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, & possibly Tuesday. I hope that you get in a nice ride.

Everyone enjoy the rest of your day. Patti :)

o

Patti, I replied to your email yesterday and I just sent you another one. Hope you get it. Let me know....

Tikanas

o

Merry the day before Christmas Eve! I love this time of year! Although right now it is pouring and 47 degrees. It certainly does not have that Christmas feel. It is ok, I'll take it.

Tikanis I got your gift! I was surprised it got here so quickly. When are we opening?????????

Raeanne, you must get better my friend! What an awful time of year to be sick. DH is feeling a little down himself, so I am trying to stay away! Feel better. I am sending you some virtual chicken soup.

Patti, did Dave catch anything? Fishing sounds wonderful right now. Our boat has been high and dry now since October. :-( Can't wait till spring!

Suzanne, I'm so glad you got out early on Friday. It was a long week for me too. The kids were a "little" hyper and every class was trying to finish up projects so they all end up in the library. Maddie, I was thinking of you because I was wearing my Danskos, so at least my feet were happy!

Marci, enjoying your vacation so far? It will go by quick and I plan on doing ALOT of reading. I brought 4 books home from school. They are young adult books, so they are usually a quick read. If anyone is interested I am going to read "A step from heaven" by An Na;"Shattering Glass" by Gail Giles; "Big mouth & ugly girl" by Joyce Carol Oates and "A Northern Light" by Jennifer Donnelly. If I get two read, I'll be thrilled!

DH and I are missing having little kids this Christmas. DS was out with his friends last night so we lit the Christmas tree, put a log in the woodstove, and watched "Over the hedge". Ofcourse wine was involved too!

Jen, are the girls bouncing??? Is Erica feeling better?

Dee, is the village done? I would love to see some pictures!!!!

Hi Donna, pop back in!

Lynn, nice to see you. I took some pictures last night of my kitty, Maggie, sitting under the Christmas tree. First time she has done that. She usually ignores it. Can you tell that I am missing my kids?!

John, nice to hear from you. Sorry your year is not ending well. Maybe the New Year will be a fresh start. Let us cheer you up!

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti
Raeanne - it came today!
Besh (it didn't take that long Tikanas!)

No
NH Suzanne

Enjoy the day! If I don't post again before Monday, have a wonderful and happy holiday. Seize the moment, they seem to go by so fast!

(((HUGS))) to you all, Besh

o

Good SATURDAY morning everyone!

OK, I'm confused about this exchange. Seems like we are missing just Maddie? I sent her package, but have not heard if she got it. She was to send Suzanne a package. I left Maddie a phone message and will leave an e:mail today. Based on her last message to me, she was having problems with her home computer. If I don't get an answer to the e:mail, I'll call her cell again.

Just finished a double batch of Rachel Ray's Apple and Onion Stuffin' Muffins. Only had a banana for breakfast, so decided to try a stuffin' muffin......YUM-O!!!!!! These are keepers. So easy. I'm leaving them to come to room temp then storing them in the fridge in the foil container that I'll use on Christmas day and heat with sterno.

I'm on my way to do my mashed potatoes, which I whip with some sour cream and cream cheese (hey, it's once a year and I don't eat many of them.....my guests are hooked!) These also are great to do ahead, except I store them in a heavy 9 x 13 ceramic/glass pan in the fridge. Christmas morn, I take them out to get to room temp, then place into the oven for about an hour to warm up.

Later this afternoon (or tomorrow) I attempt my first-ever batch of pignoli cookies. This should please my MIL as they are her favorite. The ingredients cost a fortune so I need to rest before I make them and take the phone off the hook. haha!!!!

Besh, I do have pics of the Snow Village. DH took some the other night...the room looked great with no lights other than the village; however, he used the flash on the camera, so it does not do it justice. I want to take them again tonight without the flash. I also really want to try to post them myself over on KT as well as send them to Marci. With all the arguments, it actually looks very lovely (don't tell DH I said that Raeanne!)

I'll be back to check in on all of you!

o

Yes
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti
Marci - it came today!
Raeanne - it came today!

No
NH Suzanne

I can't imagine that Maddie would forget, as she is the top chief/liaison/organizer/coordinator/get-it-together and fly girl.

Dee - I am sure you could tell Rich a few things, so my lips are sealed.

Besh - enjoy your well deserved time off.

Tikanis - I agree with not working out while sick. I missed working out so much that I think I rushed it.

NH Suzanne - I loved the photos, thanks.

Marci - enjoy your time off. Sounds like you might have your hands full this year.

Jen - I received the package today. Now I can't wait to open it LOL.

I will wait to see if we hear from Suzanne or Maddie about opening up, but now that MY package has arrived I'm not making any promises LOL.

o

YES

DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti
Marci - it came today!
Raeanne - it came today!

NO
NH Suzanne
Maddie? (I mailed it to her on December 8)

Not sure who will be around here tomorrow, and I honestly do not remember if we agreed to an 'opening' day. I did send Maddie another e:mail, so I hope that everything is OK there.

We miss you Maddie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

YES
DeeMarie
Jen
Donna
Patti
Marci - it came today!
Raeanne - it came today!
NH Suzanne It came today!!

NO

Maddie? (I mailed it to her on December 8)

o

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!
zig

o

Zig - Have a very Merry Christmas stranger ;-)

Suzanne - I listened to Howard this morning (a best of show but new to me) - I don't even know some of the people he was talking about, he must have a new slew of characters/victims since I heard him last LOL.

Just in case a lot of us are missing the next couple of days I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Christmas - I hope Santa brings everything on your list!

o

I don't know when I will have the chance to hop back on the computer the next day or two so I just wanted to wish all of you and your families a very, very Merry Christmas!

Zig - good to see ya!

Donna

o

Merry Christmas eve, y'all!

I just got home late last night from visiting my youngest Dson and his family. The youngest granddaughter, Aubrie, was baptized yesterday. She'll be 3 months old on Christmas day.

I've been on again/off again with the dieting - very frustrating. Now I've joined WW. This week has been disastrous though, of course. :)

I'm starting back to work the day after Christmas, so I'll be out of the house and away from the food!

Thanks for missing me. Sorry I missed your calls, Patti. You guessed right about where I was though!

Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!

o

I was able to drag myself out of bed to say Merry Christmas Eve to everyone. Been suffering with a horrid toothache and no one is calling me back from the 'emergency' numbers. My DDS is not picking up his cell phone.

Assuming by now that everyone is opening up exchange packages. I will tonight if I don't hear from Maddie, as I assume she received hers and will be opening.

Hello to zig and milkdud. Good to see you here, especially during the holidays. Hope all is well.

God Bless us, everyone!

o

Merry Christmas!

o
open up those boxes!!!!

Heard from our dear Maddie this evening. What a wonderful Christmas Eve surprise. She's been under the weather, but she's OK and looking forward to catching up.

Since she has received her exchange box, it's time to OPEN UP!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here