SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhsuzanne_gw

SS Support 12/27 through New Year 2006!

nhsuzanne
18 years ago

Greetings All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! Mine was good, hectic as usual but we got through it with emotions well intact! So much to be grateful for and it was good to really reflect on it with the family.

I am still recovering. I do to much and no matter how simple I try to make it, it's not!

The weather has been crazy. Pouring rain Christmas night and all day yesterday. Then late last night it turned to snow again! I want the snow to stay but they are predicting more rain later this week and temps in the 40's!

QOD: What was your favorite gift this year?

Comments (66)

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Hi! I'm back!

I have my package from NHSuzanne!

Just skimmed and saw that Besh had accumulated the QODs, so I will answer them before I read the thread!

QOD: Weight Loss: I am doing well at maintaining my loss, but would still like to lose a few more pounds. What I really want to work on is getting my body mass index lower and get my arms, butt, and back FIRM! I and my handy guy moved my eliptical out of my garage and into my office before I left. The garage was an uninspiring place to work out and even though the eliptical takes up a lot of my office, at least I'll use it! He mounted a shelf in front of it, so I can put my laptop on there and watch my new "Laugh In" serries of DVDs while I exercise. Anyone remember that show?

QOD: Favorite Gift: So far, my favorite gift has been the food gifts-lol! Food from other places is so much fun! Ham from Virginia, fruit from Harry & David (really good!), mustards, relishes, salmon from Alaska, cheesecakes and pecan pies from the bakeries in the south, Corky's BBQ from Tennessee, ....just YUM and FUN! Hey! Not much cooking going on! :) My favorite hold-in-your-hand gift is a funny card my sister made. It is hilarious! ---And the cards my kids wrote to me. I love home-made cards.

QOD: Relationships w/ older kids: My 17 year old and I get along fabulously--- after I followed my SS Sisters' advice and just her be HER and accepted it! We are very different, but delight in sharing the same sense of humor and enjoy watching Six Feet Under DVDs together and other movies. We like taking flying and road trips and traveling together. She's easy to be with. My 15 year old is very social and I enjoy sharing humor with her and watching and interacting with her and her friends. She is magnetic to me and I enjoy her so much. I treat them much like adults, since they nearly are (!) and am happy with what we share---leads to fun conversations!

All for now. I'll check back to see when the "opening" party is for the boxes! Meanwhile, I'll print and catch up!

Cheers!

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Here is the list I have for swap boxes received:

DeeMarie Yes
    Raeanne Yes
    Patti Yes
    BJ Yes
    Marci Yes
    Jen Yes

Unknown Status:

Tikanas
    Maddie
    Tikanas
    Besh
    NHSuzanne
    Joanne

I went back to read, but got very confused! LOL If someone has a more accurate picture, can you cut-and-paste?

Thanks!
    D

• Related Discussions

SS Support, Mar. 27th through April 1st

Q

Comments (33)
    Happy Sunday afternoon! How did it get to be 5:00 Sunday so fast??? We had an absolutely beautiful weekend here in NJ and I was outside enjoying it. We had a fast but heavy shower yesterday afternoon then it cleared and was gorgeous again. Zig- a good reason to throw those sneaks out. Glad you got some new ones :-) I still need to get rid of some shoes but that is for another weekend. I know what you mean about the tapes - that is one thing I like about them also. We are not all 20 and skinny. Debi, I like green tea and will have to try and drink more. When I do drink soda I drink caffeine free diet versions but I know many think soda is a no-no. I actually have nothing against water but still struggle with it. It can take me all day to drink one average sized bottle. QOD - did stuff around the house and yard along with the usual laundry. Ordered in last night, no dishes. Tikanas - keeping Joe in my prayers. Did you and your daughter go to the movies? What did you see? Gotta run - time to think about dinner and fold laundry but not necessarily in that order. My WW at work ended this past week. In a way I am glad because the leader was so-so and we did not get all of our booklets and materials. On Tuesday I am going to a meeting 5 minutes drive from my house. When the weather stays nice I can walk to and from my meeting. I understand the leader there is new - the one that was there before was fantastic but I think she burned out. She was running 2 huge back to back meetings there on Tuesdays. I don't know if I mentioned but my sister bought me an early birthday gift a few weeks ago - the WW calculator. She was tired of hearing me complain about journaling and did not want me to drop off track. I love that thing! It is simple to work and costs about $25 at WW meetings. My sister's leader said they can't keep them in stock - they go out as soon as they come in. Hugs to all who need them - will check in during the week. Donna
    ...See More

SS Support Week 27 Apr - 3 May

Q

Comments (39)
    BJ - how nice I stop by and see you shouting for me. You make me feel loved. I am crossing my fingers for you and the inspection on Monday. Suzanne - thanks for the email, it is nice to be missed. We had rain yesterday and this morning. Boy do we need it. Marita - of course you are welcome to join us. Welcome! Trekaren - I hope all works out with your eye issue. Keep us updated. McPeg - good to see you posting too. I was just about to post asking where you have been. Jan - droopy drawers - you are making us look bad. Congrats on your loss - you are an inspiration to me. Milkdud - you sound as busy as ever. Silversword - It is nice to be able to walk to the store especially in your beautiful CA weather. I am involved in an Adirondack Chair auction and although it is a lot of fun it has been consuming all my "free" time. I just hung all my paintings in my friends barn gallery and I am organizing our July sidewalk art show. The Chamber of Commerce has had meetings every week since I became a director and I am gearing up at work for the summer season, so that is where I have been. Our friends from FL just arrived and we will be doing dinner tonight and hopefully get a boat ride in at some point over the weekend, although the temps aren't suppose to go past the 60's. I will try not to be a stranger.
    ...See More

SS Daily Support Mon. 8/27 - Sun. 9/2/07

Q

Comments (27)
    PULLED PORK 1 Pork Butt Roast (I cut into large cubes and defat as much as I can before cooking.) Rub down with your favorite spices. I use: ½ T salt, 1 T paprika, 1 t. dry mustard, ¼ t. ginger, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder and pepper to taste. (I put the cubes in a zip-loc bag, add the spices and shake.) Cook overnight in crock-pot. In the morning when it is still warm, you can shred with a knife and fork. The meat is so tender, the fat and bones just fall away. Mix with BBQ sauce of your choice. Here is an alternate rub, that can be made in quantity and used several times. Barbecue Rub: 1 cup chili powder 3 tablespoons paprika 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried) 2 tablespoons sea salt 2 tablespoons garlic powder 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper Place all ingredients in a large bowl, whisk to combine. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Makes 2 cups. NHSuzanne - I make my own BBQ sauce, but when in a pinch, I will use store bought. Can't remember what kind I buy, since I usually just make it. I do usually use the Pork Butt, but last time I went to Costco and bought a rolled roast and used that. I didn't have time to fool with defatting the pork butt and I was making large quantities for company. Some fat is good for flavor, but the health conscious part of me, just can't leave all that fat on the meat. I am making zucchini brownies to take camping (they put me in charge of dessert) and a banana cake. The brownies are in the oven and I am off to mix up the cake. I figured I got a vegetable and a fruit covered in the desserts! LOL Hope everyone has a great weekend. Marci
    ...See More

SS Support Mon. 12/4 thru Sun. 12/10

Q

Comments (38)
    Good SUNDAY morning! DH and I have had our first major 'disagreement' over the placement of several Snow Village houses (lol), so thought it might be a good time to check in. Marci, could you please send me the link to the album? I don't have it marked as a favorite on my home computer. Also, I plan to download some photos of our decorations next week (at home) and want to send them to you for the album. Making a big pot of soup, doing laundry (I miss BJ!), and plan on wrapping some gifts after DH leaves at 1pm for the JETS game. This afternoon I need to run over to Trader Joes for some nice blanched almonds, pecans, and walnuts for my baking. Tomorrow I work from 8-Noon and will do more baking during my 1/2 vacation day. Don't know if I told you guys, but (in the spirit of Diversity) we started a corporate holiday choir and I have a rehearsal tomorrow at 9am; otherwise, I would have taken the entire day off! Good news about having to use some vacation to come in is that they are allowing me to carry over 13 days into next year's time. That gives me 55 days for 2007!! The carryover will come in handy as we are going on an 11-day Holland America cruise on January 6 and taking a week in March for Florida. DH likes winter vacations, and since he truly kicks back when he has the least worries about work, it makes the time away that much nicer. OK, time to get back to DH's way of doing things once I switch another load from washer to dryer. Have a great Sunday. GO JETS -- GO STEELERS (for Marci!)
    ...See More
  • aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Dee - I haven't received my package yet, but I did mail Jen's and she should've had it before Christmas.

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

didn't mean to send that so quickly.

Dee - I wish someone had to remind me to take a day off - WTG.

Besh - I thought Howard was a vile man, when my kids were young and he would be on the station I normally listened to I would quickly turn it off in disgust. When I started to drive 40+ minutes to work in major traffic jams, I found myself listening to him by accident and found myself laughing hysterically and didn't mind sitting in traffic. That was 18 years ago. YIKES about the Mr. Potato head and yes I do remember them.

Maddie - I hope you got some time to relax in between all that cleaning.

Suzanne - I wonder if Yankee magazine has a contest during the year - that would be a perfect photo for their cover.

I exercised today and plan on doing something physical everyday for at least 30 minutes. This has to be doable, if I can't get to the gym, I can certainly do some exercises while watching TV. The gym is crowded this week, so I will be working out at home until after the 1st of the year.

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Here is the list I have for swap boxes received:
    DeeMarie Yes
    Patti Yes
    BJ Yes
    Marci Yes
    Jen Yes

Unknown Status:

Tikanas
    Maddie
    Tikanas
    Besh
    NHSuzanne
    Joanne
    Raeanne No

Besh, the guy I was dating in 1981 suggested that I listen to Howard when he was doing afternoon drive-time on WNBC, an AM station in New York. He said "right up your alley"! Well, I tuned in that afternoon and he was doing a parady of Hill Street Blues (one of my favorite shows at the time!). I fell in love with the sarcasm and silliness of it all. Over the years, I listened each day; however, when the naked ladies are on, I usually tune out for 1/2 hour or so. My favorite part of the show was always the news; Howard style. Anywho, DH did not want Sirius and I thought he'd get it for me. I may get it for my car and home because I just don't want to miss the fun!

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

...or maybe the senders can verify that they sent their package... I dunno....

Patti sends to Dee
    Tikanas sends to Patti
    Marci sends to Besh
    NHSuzanne sends to BJ
    Raeanne sends to Jen
    BJ sends to Maddie
    Jen sends to Tikanas
    Joanne sends to NHSuzanne
    Dee sends to Marci
    Besh sends to Joanne
    Maddie sends to Raeanne

(I sent Maddie's package before I left for Alaska-via priority mail-so she should have received it by now...)

Laters!

• besh
    18 years ago

Hi,

I received my package from Marci and I just mailed Joanne's this week. I emailed her and apologized for my tardiness. She probably won't get it until after New Years. :-(

Besh

• maddie_in_ky
    18 years ago

Hi all!

Yes, I got the HUGE package from BJ--it's sitting under the tree.

And I'm soory to say that I didn't get Raeanne's mailed until Mon/Tues--I am sooo sorry--it's no excuse, but I wasn't expecting 12-13 hour days, day after day after day,,,,

#$%@#~%! BB--

Maddie

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Welcome back BJ!

Patti, I am sending prayers your way for your MIL.

Maddie, What a nice un birthday present!

Milkdud, Why not join in? If Patti like ya' we will too! ;)

Besh, I am glad that you spoke up... I am another "Howard Hater", lol! But I didn't want to offend. I am happy for those who enjoy him to be able to continue. Darth Tater! Snort!

NHSuzanne, I think you just need more practice! Honestly, you should research photo publishing. I would buy a magazine with a cover like that on it! NO MORE prednisone for me!! I was having frequent Asthma flare ups and recurring kidney inflamation. Hopefully, this new supplement plus my nutritionist's other advice will do the trick for me. I'll keep you posted...

DeeMarie, Sorry DH is sick. Those men can be like children sometimes, not very good at taking care of themselves. How sweet you are to send him to work with all of the necessary supplies.

I have not received my pkg. yet but have talked to Jen and I know it's on it's way. I am glad that Patti got her pkg too. I was worried as a pkg previously sent to her was apparently signed for and absconded by someone else!

Today I went to work after after my couple of days of working from home. I was SO tired when I got home haha! Here's to a New Year with more stamina.

Have a good night everyone!

Tikanas

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

I woke up from snoozing on the couch and remembered that I had not addressed this!

Patti, I can get help for your friend! I called Senior care Network here and they will get some information on community resources for you friend. ( Of course the wheels of action don't turn till after the first of the year) I need to know the County he is in, his income source and any other pertinent info. You can email this to me....

NHSuzanne, Since I tapered off on the predenisone (AGAIN!!) and took the last one yesterday, I was expecting a backlash of respiratory problems today.I started taking the new supplements advised by my Doc as well a my nutritionist yesterday. Lungs are clear and NO cogestion:; not even when I just woke up from my snooze! I am amazed...

'night ( again)

Tikanas

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

NH Suzanne~No, I haven't had the chance to read the book yet & haven't seen it even.

I haven't received my Christmas present. Sorry Tikanis. I don't know why I got put on the list of those who did.

Besh~I am with you & Tikanis. I'm not much of a Howard Stern fan. I guess that he is too over the top for me. LOL

BJ~Glad that you are back & that you had a wonderful time.

Raeannne~My DMIL & DFIL used to get the Yankee magazine & I think that you had a wonderful idea.

DeeMarie~That is nice that you get to take an extra day off.

To My Favorite Lurker~I'm calmer about it now after talking to you last night. Thanks.

Drink your water~Patti :)

• donna_southnj
    18 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have not fallen off the face of the earth. My computer problems turned out to be fatal. Right now I am waiting for the delivery of my new one - hopefully within the week. I printed out so I can read and am checking in quickly from work.

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the wonderful and unexpected gifts and cards I had waiting for me when I got home yesterday. You guys are the greatest and I am privileged to be a part of your group.

I will post more tomorrow from my mom's computer but I did want to say thank you very much!!

Love, Donna

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

OK, so I propose that we wait until next week to open. Looks like most should receive their packages by the 2nd, so we can take this up again.

Got a 3-mile walk in this morning, then came back in the house and ate 3 cookies! OUCH!!

Patti, sorry you got on my 'received' list. Think I got confused when I read that package to you was mailed!

Need to run out for a few groceries; my guest list for tomorrow is growing...

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• nhsuzanne
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Good Morning All,

Dee, I recieved my package from Joanne before Christmas so I am all set.

Donna, I hope your computer is up and running soon. What a pain it is when your hard drive goes nuts.

Patti, you can get My Friend Leonard through Amazon.com That is where I got it. You have to read it when you can. It's so good and it more of the "rest of the story".

I think that commuting is how most of we Howard fans got started. I can't imagine a morning without listening. I cannot wait until the 9th. It will be so interesting! I have been listening to Howard 100 this morning. It's nothing like the real show!

BJ, welcome home. Glad you are back with us!!

Tikanis, I don't know if I told you this but I was on 60mg of prednisone a day for a year! I had a rare lung disease. It does awful things to you...........I hope to never have to take it again. But, it saved my life I guess.
    What an ungrateful wretch!!

Milkdud, yes, why not join us???

Raeanne, do you and your new wine glasses have a date tomorrow night?? LOL

QOD: Favorite gift. This year's favorite gift was from DS, Joseph. He put together a big box of paint brushes, rollers, etc with a note that if we supply the paint he will supply the labor to paint the barn! It was perfect and just what we tell them we want..........more time with them! He finally gets it!! At least this year, LOL

QOD: What is everyone doing for New Year's Eve?? I am staying put, will have a nice dinner and probably in bed by 9pm if not earlier!! LOL

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

DeeMarie~I did get my package in today's mail! Yippee! I am excited to open it now. I got to thinking after I got off of the computer that I sounded pretty dry about that. I thought someone had read that you had received yours from me.

We have decided to stay home for New Year's Eve, too. Then New Year's we will have the obligatory black-eyed peas. LOL We could have gone to a party here for NYE but I got sick after the one for Christmas so...Dave says he doesn't want to chance it. We will probably watch DVDs & then watch the ball drop, I'm not sure what he has in mind.

Drink your water! Patti :)

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Hi Guys!

I am up and at 'em, finishing up the massive amount of laundry I had from the Alaska trip and before. And I am putting the finishing touches on my laundry room, straightening it up before the in-laws arrive today. They are the neatest people I know---obsessively NEAT! My MIL is afraid of my laundry room - it's usually my attic room- does anyone have one of those? - where everything goes that doesn't have a place? AGGGGGG! Anyway, it'll be presentable by the time they get here.---LOL!

Donna! Great to see you here again! Computers: we love to hate them, but we SO, SO love them!

Raeanne~ I got your hubby's calendar in the mail. Lake George area is so beautiful! DH has begun saying, "Maybe we'll get tired of the island someday and move to the east coast!" We haven't EVEN moved to the island YET! He cracks me up! He LOVES the east coast.

Howard: I have to put in 2 cents here. The only time I ever have listened to Howard is at 4am on the way to the Lexington airport on my trip back from the Derby every year. I have to say I'm always amused by the things he can get people to do and say. My, what a talent. He's really doing what comes naturally to him and he seems to thoroughly enjoy his work. He is good entertainment for a long drive, but I think he'd be too much for me to listen to every day. I have to admire him for his longevity in radio; not many people can do that. But...he's no Dick Clark! :)

QOD: I am going to spend New Year's eve and day with my in-laws and my kids. I am looking forward to building a fire in the fireplace and roasting marshmallows. It's going to rain, blow, and be nasty weather weather here, so inside is a very good thing.

New Year's resolutions list anyone? :)

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

Good to see everyone posting.

Half of my kids are gone. DS left for the sunny south this morning and I miss him already. But we had a great time over the holidays and I am thankful for that.

QOD - DH has to work NYE and I plan on renting a movie and watching it until he gets home. We will open a bottle of wine and watch the ball drop.

Resolutions - I resolve to not gain my usual ten pounds afer the holidays. ALL SWEETS will be banished from my house after this Sunday and I am getting back to my healthy eating habits. I have noticed that I am not sleeping well lately and I know it is because of my poor food choices over the last week. I promised my doc that I would pleasantly surprise him at my annual checkup this year and I intend to keep that promise.

Besh - Yes, I knitted the scarf. Glad you liked it. DD wants to know if I have graduated to knitting hats yet, and I had to tell her I was still stuck on scarves! LOL It keeps my hands busy while I watch TV and my mind off snacking.

Raeanne - I loved those stemless wine glasses. If I had any more room in my cupboards, I would get some. But maybe I will splurge on two for DH and me. I am going to look for them locally.

I read Teacher Man, and S is for Silence and started A Million Little Pieces last night. DS got me My Friend Leonard for Christmas and I hope to get both read before I go back to school.

I need to run to the grocery store for some pork and sauerkraut and run a few errands.

Later,
    Marci

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

QOD: My sister and her family (DBIL, 2 nieces) will here for the weekend. Youngest stepdaughter and my friend's daughter will be here for dinner NYE. I'm grilling steaks and baking crabcakes....baked potatoes (or fettucini alfredo), green beans, large green salad, and assorted breads. Dessert will be about 8pm. Whomever else arrives after 9pm will get munchies. Sunday morning is brunch here, followed by a trip (maybe) to the Jets/Buffalo game, followed at 5pm with a huge party at friends' home (in Kinnelon Raeanne!) Whew!!

Gotta go check my "sauce"---Marci, this batch is a beaut!

Laters...
    D

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Marci - I had to clean out my cabinet to make room for the new glasses and because of their shape they take up a lot of room. I have also worn the scarf you gave me for the big 5 0 a few times this winter and always get complimented on it.

BJ - I would love to see you on the east coast, but I have to get out to the west coast to visit you first LOL. I have to turn Howard off many times, he does go over the top, but for the most part, I enjoy his common sense approach to political issues and current events and Robin is the best at giving the news. It is hard to believe there are that many women out there that will do whatever he asks them to do.

Donna - I hope the new computer comes soon and is up and running quickly. Glad you were surprised.

Maddie - no apologies needed about mailing the package late - it will be here in plenty of time.

QOD - I don't know. We never go out on NYE. This year a couple asked us to go out with them to dinner and then come back to our house for a toast (I don't know if I want to have them back LOL). Another couple is having a party and asked us to come over, even if we want to leave early (they only live 4 miles away). So we have to decide by tonight what we are doing.

Another thing we all have in common - we like to stay home on NYE.

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Hi, y'all! I'm Patti's lurker friend. :)

I think I'm ready to rejoin the healthy-eating people of the world as of Sunday, so this is definitely the place for me. I've had success with SS before, also Atkins and WW. Just need to spend tomorrow meditating on the various programs out there and my willingness to commit to one of them. I've sent all the baked goodies to work with my son, so "almost" everything yummy and naughty is out of the house.

Thanks for the invites to join y'all. I'm in Texas and met Patti about 5 years ago when I posted here a few times then! We've been buddies ever since.

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

AMY!

• besh
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

Welcome milkdud! Glad to have you aboard.

Love, Besh

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, Amy! I hope that you come here to read that we all love & care about you.

Milkdud~I'm so glad that you'll be posting. Most people don't know that we met in person & that you have such a wonderful sense of humor & personality to add to this thread. You also are full of wisdom. Thanks for your help the other night. You were right after I had calmed down & thought about it.

So, are we opening packages on the 2nd? I'm like a kid in a candy shop. I can hardly wait.

Drink your water! That's my New Year's Resolution! Patti :)

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

DeeMarie~I missed that you would be baking crab cakes. What time would I need to be there? LOL

Besh~Are you yelling for Indianapolis? Tony Dungy is a man of true character. I was duly impressed with the way that he handled his son's death.

Patti :)

• maddie_in_ky
    18 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!! My beautiful, gentle, compassionate friend--I miss you here--I love your insights, your advice--you are a special lady, and a special friend--I wish you all the best on your birthday, and for the New Year--(((((((hugs))))))

Sorry this is hort, but we have a show this weekend, and I am off to work it, and then I really "work" tomorrow--should be a trip--this is the busiest night at the casino--

Stay safe everyone--

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,

Maddie

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.....
    Happy Birthday to you.....
    Happy Birrrrrttttthhhhhdayy dear, sweet, talented, lovely AmyLynnnnnnnnnnn
    Happy Birthday to you!

Please check in and let us know how you are. WOW, our very own little New Years Baby!

Welcome MilkDud!

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Amy - Happy Birthday my friend. I hope today is a great one and that all your wishes come true! May you have a year filled with peace, health, happiness and prosperity.

Hey Milkdud welcome, we look forward to learning more about you. Any friend of Patti's is a friend of ours.

Plan on opening the packages on the 2nd. I didn't get my mail, but it should be there today or on the 2nd at the latest.

I'm at work and better get busy. Have a safe and happy New Year.

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Happy birthday, Amy! Even though we've never officially "met", I feel like we're old friends because I've read some of your posts and admired your artwork over the years. Hope it's your best birthday ever.

I'd like to answer the QOD about relationships with grown children if I may. Ten years ago, I'd have never dreamed that in 2005 my sons and I would be friends. I'm thankful daily for the gift of their love and friendship. Oh, we still have our moments when I'm too motherly and they think they know everything, but those times pass quickly. To me, it's my reward for surviving their teen years! LOL

My favorite gift this year was my youngest son, his wife, and my DGD being with us on Christmas - the first time in 4 years.

Now, excuse me while I continue to ponder the best WOE for me for 2006!

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

Good thing I posted Amy's Birthday wishes last night. I didn't get up until 11/AM!! But in my defense, I couldn't sleep until DS called to tell us he had arrived safely in St. Pete. He and a friend (who is thinking of moving there soon), drove back. They left yesterday morning and were driving straight thru. He called at 4/am and I fell asleep right after that and didn't hear a thing until 11/am. DH didn't know what to think, since I consider sleeping until 7/am sleeping in! LOL

I wanted to welcome milkdud before I head out. Today is also my mother's birthday. She is 80 years young today.
    So welcome milkdud!!

Have a great New Year's Eve.

Marci

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Maddie - My package has arrived!!! Now my curiousity is getting the best of me, but I promise not to peak.

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

OK, speak up if you did not receive your package! If not, I think we are on for Monday, January 2nd!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Love
    Dee

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

Marci - I know exactly how you felt, I am glad you got the call and were able to really sleep in this morning.

We have decided to go to our friends house tonight for dinner and come home early and then tomorrow we are having a small group over to our house late in the afternoon. I am thinking of doing a fondue - haven't done one of those in years.

ENJOY - see you next year (someone had to say it)

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Happy Birthday, AMY!!!!!! You bring so much to this forum each time you stop by! WE LOVE YOUR WISDOM AND TALENT!

We are starting a fire, then eating crock pot chicken and wild, WILD rice. AND...drinking Cranberry wine from DeeMarie! Then we're roasting marshmallows over the coals.

Tomorrow...laundry, eliptical, and a visit to the hot shop at the glassworks! (the in-laws are here)

And...Happy New Year, everybody!

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

{{gwi:1505813}}

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Happy birthday Amy! May this next year be a wonderful and happy one for you.

I got my pkg. from Jen!

Patti, I am hoping that mine came thru today? I have been worried...

Milkdud, glad to see you posting instead of lurking. WELCOME!! Any friend of Patti's is a friend of mine ; ) I am so glad that you had the holiday w/ your son. I see the changing relationships between me and the kids and I am in wonder at what decent human beings they have grown into. My DH would have ben VERY proud.

Maddie, I'd like to hear about your show AND the casino. This is interesting stuff.

Marci, I can't sleep till DS gets in the door. I know just what you mean.

Donna, how's that computer problem coming along?

BJ, Did you ever get your "attic" cleaned lol! Don't frighten the MIL!! Haha!

It has been a busy day but will be a quiet night here. DD is off doing her thing w/ the Boyfriend. DS is leaving for a NYE party at a friend's house. I had friends over for an early dinner and a few others are due any minute.

I bought assorted fresh fruits an veggies for my " NEW START" tomorrow. Baked an eggwhite, spinach and onion
    fritatta to slice for next week's breakfasts and am ready to go! I will admit to a last "calorie fest" tonight: baked jalapenos stuffed w/ feta cheese, latkes w/ sour cream and Shrimp in garlic butter. Buttered popcorn for snacking when /if I watch a dvd later.

I have reviewed my goals list for the last year, thrown out the old and am ready to ring in the new.New Years is all about new starts, and I am ready!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to my sisters here! Thank you all for being such a wonderful source of support. This group turned out to be SO MUCH MORE than I would have ever thought! I am very grateful to count all of you as my friends.

Love,

Tikanas

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Rabbit, rabbit!

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

Rabbit, Rabbit! And the first one of the year too! You beat me to it, BJ. It is mdinight here... Are you up celebrating or doing more laundry??lol!!

'night! Happy New Year to you!

Tikanas

• maddie_in_ky
    18 years ago

Well, OK--RABBIT RABBIT from the East coast!! LOL!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm off to wrok, and I'll check in tonight--

Welcome, Milkdud! Gald to have you here! :):)

Hugs,

Maddie

• aka_raeanne
    18 years ago

last month there wasn't one rabbit, rabbit and now look at this, we are off to a very good year.

I want to wish all my sisters and brother a wonderful 2006.

We went to our friends house and was treated to a wonderful feast with lots of great company and watched the Giants game. We left at the 3rd quarter. It was good to see Dick Clark back.

This afternoon we're having 6 or 7 couples over for cocktails.

Tikanis/BJ - are you getting all that rain we are hearing about on the west coast?

I have been exercising, but my eating is still off. I have cut back on the sweets, but I still have been eating too much starchy stuff. I am so mad that I was so good the week before Thanksgiving up to the week before Christmas, now it's like starting all over again - I wish I would stop doing that to myself.

Have a great January 1, 2006

• marci_pa
    18 years ago

I just put pork and sauerkraut in the oven. Not what I wanted to think about this early in the morning, but I wanted DH to be able to eat before he goes to work.

We celebrated with champagne and a movie and I am paying with a headache this morning. (From the champagne-not the movie. LOL)

I gave away the last of the cookies to DD's DBF and gave the candy to DH to take into work. Most of it was gifts from my students, but I knew it was too much temptation. I am actually looking forward to getting back on track tomorrow. We are having our 2006-07 registration tomorrow and the kids come back on Tuesday. Not sure I am ready for that, but I am sure I'll adjust.

Hope everyone survived their New Year's celebrations.

Marci

• besh
    18 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besh

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

Rabbit! Rabbit! I didn't think anyone would have posted it yet but boy was I wrong.

Tikanis~Not to worry. I got your package the day that I said that I didn't have it yet.

Marci~I understand why you worry about the "kids", even though they are adults, driving all the way without stopping! I would have been worried too until I heard.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! Remember to drink your water this year.

QOD~I heard on the tv recently that woe works better if you do an 80/20 split. That way you don't feel like you are depriving yourself & it helps boost your metabolism. What do you think of this theory?

Patti :)

• aamylynne
    18 years ago

Happy New Year, everyone!

Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes. Very heartwarming. And,Milkdud, it's always nice to have a new old friend. I guess my art has touched a lot of people over the years. It's hard to keep going with it right now,but I need to stay with it.

In some ways, I miss the snow, and even the cold, and being safe and warm inside a cozy house. At the same time, it means a lot for me to be able to just go out the door anytime of the day or night all year round, and not have to bundle up or be freezing.And anyway, my wheelchair doesn't go through the snow, so was quite limiting.

I have some internet friends who are going through broken hearts right now. Sometimes I don't know what to do with all the grief that people go through.

Thank you for keeping me in your hearts, and you know you are in mine, too. I'd talk about my weight and eating, but it all seems too complicated,lol. I am trying to eat healthy and keep my carbs lower (not low). I try to stay around 80-100 carbs per day. That's recommended for fibromyalgia people anyway.

See you all later, and I hope everyone has a good first day of the new year.

Aloha, Amy

• aamylynne
    18 years ago

I forgot the hugs. (((((HUGS))))) for everyone. And thanks again for the loving words. Also, my son and granddaughters sent me the book "Chicken Soup For the Grandma's Soul." I don't exactly think of myself as Grandma,lol, but it's a lovely book and I've been reading a story out of it each day. Someone yesterday told me they wouldn't have thought I was forty, yet, lol. That was fun to hear, too, though I only partly believe it.

• milkdud
    18 years ago

Rabbit, rabbit from Texas, and a very Happy New Year to everyone! I'm still deciding on a specific WOE, meanwhile I'm concentrating on eating lots of veggies today, and of course, drinking lots of water! Speaking of water, time to put another load of laundry into the washer!

• Tikanas2
    18 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Maddie, I hope it is smooth sailing at work today.

Raeanne, We had heavy rains here yesterday and more is predicted for today and tomorrow. We are not seeing the deluge that Northern California is having, however. This is a good thing as we have some fire damaged terrain in the local mountains and the potential for mudslides is great.

Patti,WHEW!! I am so relieved that you got the box, finally! I was beginning to think I'd have to fly out there and hand deliver a box to you. lol! That might not have been such a bad idea.... : ) Glad that it arrived. What do you mean "80/20"?

Hi Amy!

Milkdud, I am doing laundry today too.

Besh, I know you will understand this because of your Salem/ Halloween tourist situation... The crazies are out in full force on their pre Rose Parade invasion!
    Luckily, I no longer live a block from the parade route ( I live in a town just northeast) so I am no longer subjected to people parking their cars across my driveway or littering my lawn. Still, it maks getting thru the stores more difficult and going out to eat is impossible.The rains seem to have slowed them down some...

BJ, you CHARACTER!! Do you know that BJ text messaged me Happy New Year around Midnight?? What a woman!lol! I hope that you are having a fun family day.

DS slept in till noon. I'll probably just read and relax, finish my laundry etc. So are we opening tomorrow? I can't wait!

'later!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    18 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Needed to get on line (my nieces and stepdaughters had this computer tied up all weekend!) to wish all my friends here a very very happy and healthy 2006!!

My weekend company just left and I'm exhausted, but want to see if DH wants to try to make it for a few minutes to our friends' party up the highway (about 10 mins). Not so sure I'm up to it, tho.

Tried to get most of the junk out of this house, but was not successful. Need to transfer some of the food into sensible portions and add lots of veggies to it during the week. The rest of the food (along with ALL the leftover cookies) go into the freezer.

"See" you all tomorrow morning!
    Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    Love
    DeeMarie

• yankandtex
    18 years ago

Tikanis~The report was saying that you could "cheat" 20% of the time b/c it was really good to keep your metabolism going. I wouldn't mind you coming here. Get on the plane & we'll have a good time.

DeeMarie~Glad to see that you got your computer back for a while anyway. Is everyone gone now?

My DSs are best friends so they end up spending a lot of time together. It is nice to know. My sister & brother are a lot closer to each other than I am to them but I am the oldest & my parents thought that I should be responsible for them & even when they were older my parents asked me to give them talks when they didn't agree with what they were doing so there is some resentment there. I cannot say I completely blame them.

Well, tomorrow is another day! It was good to see you posting Amy.

And, of course, Milkdud, it is good to see you posting after such a long time. :)

Drink your water! Patti :)

• Wild_Chicken
    18 years ago

Whew! What a day I had...starting at 6am. Ex had the older girls for NYE. Ex called at 6am to say he caught 15 y.o. DD's 17 y.o. boyfriend in boxer shorts in 15 yo DD's room over there. There was a chair outside her window. The whole day was spent figuring out why the heckle these 2 kids would do something SO stupid and what the punishment would be and so on. I still can't believe she did this at her dad's house---with his new wife visiting from TX! (They have a long distance marriage) ACK! The boy is lucky the ex didn't beat the cr@p out of him or call the police---ex has quite the temper. Anyway, what a way to start off the year! He, of course, blamed it all on me and called to express his opinion about my child-rearing skills. Real kinda fun!

Well, tomorrow will be better...

:)

Happy New Year, everyone!

PS: In-laws still here, so they know about it, plus ex's parents called and were p!ssed about it too. Wonderful--I talked to DD on the phone and told her it's not the end of the world for her; just seems like it. It can all be talked out and consquences will follow, but life goes on and the good times outweigh the bad.

• jprakia
    18 years ago

Hmm, seems my last post didnt take... so I came back to say Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a good holiday and put all that chocolate eatting behind you!

take care and be well

John

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!