GOOD MORNING!

Wake up and smell the decaf coffee!

Love, Besh

Comments (48)

• besh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Hello,

Jen, (((HUGS))) to you and Galen. I am so sorry about his Grandmother. It is never easy, but I hate when something like this happens at the holidays. I hope you are both doing ok.

Raeanne, I think you have already left and I am sorry I didn't get to say goodbye, but I'm thinking of you and I'm dreaming about those frozen concoctions!

Lynn, I knew you were looking for a new boat, but I didn't know that you bought. How exciting! What did you get, and do you love it? We are looking at a bigger boat right now. A 28' Bertram. We have a 25' now. This is a step up. It sleeps 4, has a standing head with shower (my favorite part), a fridge and a 4 burner stove (like I might ever use that!). It is getting surveyed this week, so we'll see what happens with that. We need to sell the other boat first.

NH Suzanne, I'm so happy for you and Sweet Pea. I'm sure that it was your TLC that made her better. She is one lucky horse!

DH and I celebrated our 26th anniversary this weekend. Saturday night we went to our favorite restaurant. I had prime rib, passed on the potatoes and ordered steamed veggies instead and had the salad bar. The 2 glasses of wine were extra! But worth it.

BJ, how is the Idiot Proof Diet going? I only lasted a two rounds on it. The first round was great, the second time not so good. I bought the Fat Flush Plan book and have been following that, not strictly, but enough that it is keeping me in line, and making me pee like crazy. (I know, too much info, sorry)

Hello to everyone else. I have to go dry my hair and drive DS to school. Have a wonderful day. We are supposed to get some snow today. I like it before Christmas, but after that it can all go away!

Love, Besh

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Good MONDAY morning everyone!

Thanks for getting us started, Besh. Congrats on 26 years, and good luck with FF! You sound very busy!

Lynn, try to e:mail me at deemarie5500 @ hotmail dot com. I'll see if I get get through to you that way. If you have an aol account, that may be the problem. Lately, all of my e:mails to aol clients have come back to me as undeliverable.

I set up those Martha Stewart battery-operated candles in about 20 of my windows last evening, but I'm a bit disappointed. They are very dim. DH and I talked about returning them, but neither of us want to go buy electric ones and have the wires running all over, so we'll deal with it. LOL!

Gotta run; we have a 2-hour video conference with our British counterparts at 9am, and I've got to get some files together.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

• Related Discussions

SS Daily Support, Monday, April 11 - Sunday, April 17

Q

Comments (22)
    QOD 1 - Receptionist/Secretary/Advertising Agent/Graphic Design/Therapist/Gardener/Office Manager/Trainer/Data Input and yes sometimes I do windows!!! at a local real estate office. QOD 2 - Taxes have been done for a while, but going in the mail today - can't see giving the government money sooner than we have to. I am taking a ride to Syracuse on Sunday to visit my mother and sister for a couple of days. It will just be us girls and we are going to watch some chick flix and have a lot of laughs. I am bringing the movies Chocolat, Spanglish, My Life As a House and Under the Tuscan Sun. I am not taking the highway and going through a lot of small towns that I have never been to, so it will be a 4+ hour adventure for me. I put a deposit on a kayak yesterday and am so excited. I am using my French Lick money to buy it. I will pay for it when I go to try it out, but I have sat in one on the ground and really liked the feel of it. Suzanne - I was in Manchester Center yesterday. We had a nice lunch and did a little shopping. Of course, I thought of you. Beautiful day for a ride. If I don't get a chance to check in until next week - have a great weekend.
    ...See More

SS Support Week of 6/8 - 6/14

Q

Comments (17)
    Good afternoon, folks! It's sunny, hot (93 F.), and humid here. I've finished all my running around for the day and just finished a nice, healthy lunch. I'm down 2.5 pounds from last week, and that makes me feel terrific. I turned down to invites to lunch today and did a double workout instead! Nothing like a taste of success to make me do the right things. Raeanne, our Chamber is putting on a "Divas" event again this summer on a much grander scale than the first one last year. Last year's was called "Divas in Paradise"; this year's is "Divas on Safari". It's an evening of pampering and fun for women in the area. We are in the process of recruiting 'pamperers' who will offer some type of service to the women, from a hand "facial", to toenail polishing, 10-minute chair massages, iris reading, free screening by my chiropractor, and that's all so far. The pampers get a free table for offering services on the spot. Vendor tables sell for $100 and they get to bring whatever merchandise to sell from their business that will fit on, under and in front of an 8 foot table space. Both types of people are required to offer a minimum of $25 item for our Silent Auction. Applebee's (2 stores) will fix those cute little shots desserts, and the country club provides the main food. It's a fundraiser for our Chamber. They provide awesome scholarships for local students with the proceeds. Our community center fundraiser had crafts made by people attending the art classes there or made at home, donated goodies for the sweet shop, donated baskets for the Silent Auction, rented petting zoo, bounce house, and all kinds of games for kids, then lunch for everyone: hotdogs, nachos, baked potatoes and salad, BBQ-topped potatoes, and slices of donated cakes for sale. We made a lot of money, and it was a fun community event. So much was donated that the profit was good. I hope this helps. Let me know if you want even more details. BJ. hope you enjoy your time off-island. That's really neat about your DD's film screening. Marci & Jan, it's great reading your posts and hearing about your lives. Where do y'all think everyone is these days? Off having too much fun? Computer broken? Bored? Feeling guilty? Whatever the reason, COME BACK AND POST ANYWAY! You are missed. Wonderful Wednesday wishes for all! :-)
    ...See More

SS Daily Support Monday 7/31 - Sunday 8/6

Q

Comments (33)
    Dinner here! Are we being realistic about what we can whip up on an outdoor trip? I'll be. Since I'm flying in, as soon as I land, I'll throw some pre-seared hamburgers (blue cheese or cheddar can be added later) and whole wheat buns wrapped in foil under the cowling and cook them up with the residual engine heat. They'll be nice and toasty by the time we get settled. I'll pop a red grape, feta, candied walnut, pear, and apple chopped salad with a (little raspberry vinegarette on it) in the cooler before I take off. We can have that and some baked BBQ Lay's---I haven't had chips in a while, but this sounds like a great occasion to dive in! I'll bring a few sticks of fatwood to get the fire going so we can get the coffee (and tea) on for after dinner and have coffee and toasted marshmallows for dessert. ************************ I am on the island today. Someone highjacked out internet connection while we've been gone but my genius DH took in back last night, so I am wired! I am spending the next 2 days here in the attic room of the house---where it's quiet---writing. I have a 6 page paper due tommorrow in climates and a fair amount of homework due by the end of today. We turn out homework in through a homework site that checks for plagerism. I love it bacause I can turn my work in remotely! YAY! I have another paper due on Wednesday---my Philosophy final paper. I'm writing on Infant Euthanasia: Moral and Ethical Pros and Cons. Sooooooooooooo, I'm going to be busy. The good news is that I have wonderful weather to look out the window at and the water is calm, water birds are talking and and the sea planes are taking off and landing regularly---their rotary engines humming a beautiful tune. :) DH and DD have agreed to help me out and watch the little ones for the weekend. I better hold up my end of the bargain and get writing!!!!!! Have a great weekend!
    ...See More

SS Daily Support, Monday July 23 - Sunday, July 29, 2007

Q

Comments (19)
    I'm sorry I haven't had time to post this week. Busy, busy, busy. It has been a lot of work and a lot of play for me. Suzanne - that little peep is something that you would find and BJ would love it. Believe me I am always working on manifesting that million dollars LOL. Besh - I was going to ask you if you had been to P-town yet this summer. My friends want us to join them at the Cape this fall. Beautiful picture of you and your family, thanks for sharing. Dee - I have heard of spinal stenois before but I'm not sure what it is. Fill us in. Donna - a beautiful sunset can bring tears to my eyes. We have mountains here that block most of our sunsets, but when we get a good one it is special. QOD - We have had friends from FL up and that has kept us very busy. DD#2 is coming home tonight, and if the weather cooperates all our free time will be on the lake. Make the most of your day.
    ...See More
  • deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Where is everyone? Is it something we said?

How about a QOD: What do you need to get accomplished over the next several days (Tuesday through Friday)?

QOD: I need to get enough work completed, and stay off this internet so that I don't lose my job. I'm going to meet friends for dinner on Wednesday, and I'd like to get a few batches of cookie dough completed and in the freezer.

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Evening All,

I have to get my entire house clean because I am having a sleep over Friday night with 8 of my hags with nags friends,and nothing is done! I am trying to get the house decorated but I keep getting way laid with other projects. I am feeling mighty ADD these days............

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Hi goils!

Jen--I went back and reread the posts, and saw that Galen's DGM had passed. I am so very sorry! ((((hugs))))

NHSuzanne--that's such great news about Sweet Pea!! I'll bet you are doing the happy happy dance! :)

QOD--we're doing our biggest show of the year this weekend, and things are chaotic at this point. No panic yet, but I am sure that it will rear it's ugly head in the next couple of days. We're on track for a goal busting year re: the jewelry, and we're busting humps.

Well, a funny thing happen here. Rog's company has an office decorating contest going on, and the main processing department has pulled out all stops--staggers the mind that all of this can be crammed into work areas; one lady even took a supporting pole by her cube and made it into a fireplace/chimmney with a mantle and stockings. Anyhoo--one of the programmers jokingly put Rog in charge of the IT department's decorations, and Rog, not being the mosr astute decorator, passed it on to me. I went to Garden Ridge and got a 9" tree that's on a small piece of wood (and it's flexible AND it was $1.99 w/ 30% off), and a truly horrible disco ball looking ornament that's blue and gold glitter and all out of proportion to the tree. I took it in Saturday night and bent the poor thing like Charlie Brown's tree and attached the ornament to the top of the tree so it looks like the weight bent the tree over, and stuck it on a chair. Well---apparently, it's a hit!!! LOL!! Rog told me that the prize committee just loved it! What a riot! I don't know when the award will be announced, though. (Or even if it will offically win.)

We have the weirdest weather here. It was in the mid 60s today, and it's supposed to be like that for the better part of the week. Heck, I've got the windows open, and the fans on. (Mind you, I'm **not** complaining!!)

I weighed today, and even thought Aunt Flo is just around the corner, I'm up 8 pounds. UGH!!! I think that being home and fixing 3 meals a day has started to screw me up--we're not eating out much (maybe once a week), so hat's the only thing I can think of. I went to the gym last week, and need to get it in my head that I need to go everyday, and I have no excuses now.

Anyhoo--hope all is well! Has anyone heard from Amy?

Hugs,

Maddie

• magickitty
    19 years ago

Good Morning everyone..... Jen sorry about your DGM.

DeeMarie - did you get my email? I did it from work so I hope it worked this time. Bummer that we are having such a hard time with it.

Besh....yep we finally got a florida boat. We got a 230 Four Winns Bow Rider. We love it. Perfect size for day trips. We went from a 33 ft searay express with twin 454's to the 23 ft bowrider with a single engine with dual props. It has not been hard at all to adjust to since the boating is different here than on Lake Erie. I laughed when you mentioned the stove burners.... like yeah we will cook on them. HAHAHA. LOL. Our last boat had a microwave and we used that to pop popcorn while we watched tv or movies at night on the boat. We traveled quite a bit with the boat before we moved and now have no need for any sleeping areas. We will have it docked in our backyard since we are on a canal which leads right into the Gulf. We are thinking about a trip to key west with it, but of course we would dock it at a hotel with a marina. We need to look into places there. It has been a major attitude adjustment for me. (for the better).

QOD: Finish x-mas cards.

Hope everyone has a great day.....

Lynn

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Good morning all,

Jen, my condolences.((((hugs))))))!

Suzanne, Hurray for Sweet Pea. Must have been all that TLC you have been giving her. She knows how much you love her. Your slumber party sounds like a blast. I wouldn't woory so much about being Mrs. Clean! Fun is the name of the game!

Happy anniversary, Besh!

Maddie, I just HATE scales LOL! Good luck on your shows!

Wow Lynn, a new boat! Santa came early to your house this tear! I love boating...

Qod: Get house ready for a visit from a friend from New York ( She's staying the weekend) and decorate /shop for Christmas. Get my fanny to Curves!

Be strong and be well!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Just a quick hello from me.

Lynn, I did not get your e:mail. Can you please give me your e:mail address by spelling it out (like I did with mine)? I'll try that way. Thanks.

Tikanas, I've got all your stuff! Now I need to put together an ugly ornament and ship it off to you this weekend! Yippee!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Boy it is quiet here. I guess everyone is busy, busy. I am running around like a fool right now. Guess it's the time of year.

Went shopping for our dear Maddie today!!!! Can we say, tacky????

Besh, for to wish you happy anniversay! Congrats Today happens to be the 18th anniversay of my first date with DH.

Tikanas, I hope you have a nice visit with your friend. It's nice to have friends come to visit and stay.

It snowed here this morning so it's looking a bit more seasonable. It's cold too.

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Suzanne, I am soooooo terribly bored here at the office right now. I would love to come up and help you!! It's not as though I've nothing to do....I choose not to do it! LOL

I did have an interesting morning/lunch. Our corporation fully supports huge diversity efforts. Today was Asian Cultural Day. From 11:30am to about 1:30pm, we had presentations, demos of painting, martial arts, etc. by our Chinese, Taiwanese, Korean, and Mayalsian employees...followed by an authentic luncheon of all those foods. What a wonderful, learning experience. In the past, we've seen (east) Indian, Russian, Polish, African, and a few others. Next year there are plans for British and Japanese (and remaining Asia). These are so informative and fun! The staff also dress up in native costumes and sometimes show us videos of their weddings. We are truly a diverse group here...about 500 of us at this location. Our worldwide company has about 100,000 employees.

• magickitty
    19 years ago

Wow - DeeMarie that sounds like a nice office you work at. That is very interesting.

try this one. lynn1519@msn.com
    Why are we having this difficulty??? sorry.

Lynn

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

DeeMarie, I am frightened! How tacky are you??? LOL! It does sound like an interesting office that you work in...

Lynn, why are you guys having such a hard time connecting? I got you both, no problem!

Suzanne, I am hoping for a very nice visit. And you are welcome here too anytime! Can Sweet Pea come via plane? : )

Patti, I was gonna call you but time got away from me tonight! (((hugs)))

Tikanas

• aamylynne
    19 years ago

"hags with nags" lol.

"Anyhoo--hope all is well! Has anyone heard from Amy? " That was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting to see my name after all this time.

QOD: Try to get Christmas gifts ready. Work on gallery stuff.

I dropped the comic book plans. The co-creator and I had a disagreement about what themes to include. Since it's his project I dropped out.

NHSuzanne - I'm glad to hear that Sweet Pea is recovering.

I was glad to see the familiar names, even though I haven't been here for awhile. I'm tired and don't feel like typing, but I'll try to come back and share more.

I got a notice that I have to renew my membership. Does anyone remember if it's been that long? It doesn't seem like two years since it was last paid.

I finally got my Hawaiian ID because my WI one was expiring, so I guess it's official now. lol

Amy

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Tikanas, I sent my address to you. Please try to send it along to Lynn for me? This is hilarious, but I'm not getting her e:mail, and she's not getting my communication. How wierd is that? LOL! THanks.

I've got lots of stuff to do here today, because I goofed off to much earlier this week.

Good to hear from Amy!

Laters.....

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

DeeMarie, I am happy to be the "post chick" for your email to Lynn! :) I have forwarded your message to her. See what happens when you goof off at work? You have to scramble the rest of the week! (I hate when that happens).

Lynn, let us know if you got DeeMarie's address ok. I'd hate to "go postal"....ha ha!

Back later,

Tikanas

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Hello All,

Amy, good to hear from you and glad that you are well. Thanks for the well wish about Sweet Pea. I'll tell you right now those were some of the darkest hours she I have ever spent. The disease is so insidious that you just don't know when or if it's going to stop and with each tick of the clock the condition gets worse and the reality of having to put her down set in. Sigh..........thank God.

Tikanas, Sweet Pea would love to fly out! Actually, the airlines are now allowing mini horses that are service animals on planes now! The first and most famous to date is a mini mare named Panda and she lives in New York.

I have been goofing off at work too!! I have so much to do here but my mind is elsewhere. Mostly with the Hags with Nags party Friday night. I am really looking forward to it.

Last night we had a lovely ice storm and lost power at about 3am. I wrestled with the thought of getting up and starting the generator for a while, finally did with my flashlight in hand and just as I was about to let her rip the power comes on!! Mind you I had to get the garage door open without power to roll the generator out! What a pain in the butt!! Oh well, it's good to have these practice runs in the wee hours of the morning. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am off to run some errands at lunch.

• magickitty
    19 years ago

I finally got the address for DeeMarie. Thank you all involved to make it happen. Technology......isn't it GRAND. That was very strange. All is well and package hopefully will be sent this weekend.

Tacky Ornament????? So many to choose, such little time. LOL.

NH SUZANNE - Glad your baby Sweet Pea is better. Gives you some peace of mind I bet. Hope your hags and nags night is a blast. Sounds like it would be.

Take Care Everyone......

Lynn

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Thanks Tikanas & Lynn!!! Whew!

I decided to stop work today and re-organize my desk by putting my projects into color-coded files. That has made my stress level slide right down the scale. I'm more in control now. I usually am in the office from 7am to about 4:30pm, but tonight I'm meeting friends for dinner (sushi!) nearby, so I'll be in the office until about 5:30pm. That should give me a bit of extra time to catch up.

I've only got 3 more gifts to buy and I am finished! There is a cute store in my neighborhood that personalizes things, so I thought I'd get my nieces and my SIL nice ornaments along with their gift certificates. A few days before Christmas, I'll go and purchase some unique cheese for my FIL and MIL's gift basket (dried fruits, nuts, Belgium chocolates, crackers, etc.). They loved what we did for them last year and requested more of the same....quick win for us!

Suzanne, your week sounds hectic. Glad that your little SP is better. Now you can concentrate on that great party you're throwing.

Hope Raeanne is having good weather and a good time!

BJ, looking for some updates on your life.

Hello to Marci, Jen, Joanne, John, Besh, Amy, Patti & Dave, and all I've missed this time around!

DeeMarie

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

DeeMarie, I wish I could stop working and organize my work space! I do every now and again but it just comes back.......just like those unwanted pounds! LOL

Tikanas, what were you on prednisone for? How much, how long?
    I was on it a couple of years ago 60mg a day for almost a year! It was awful.

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

Amy~It was good to hear from you. I, too, have just run out of my 2 years of time on the forum. And, I, too, am just about to get a FL id. I don't want to give up on my TX residence right now. So, we will see tomorrow. That is when my appointment is.

Tikanis~Call whenever. I was going to call you Sunday but knew that you would be at church.

Dave has been reading over my shoulder & says that Besh is the one that needs to worry about getting the most tacky ornament.

NH Suzanne~Glad that things worked out with SP. Dave loves the name "Hags with Nags".

Besh~Happy Belated Anniversary.

DeeMarie~I would love to work where you work.

Maddie~I hope that things go well with the jewelry. The tree sounds like a hoot.

Lynn~The boat sounds so wonderful!!

QOD~I had a blood workup on Monday. Then we went to get Dave's records from his cardiologist. Yesterday, we went to Tampa to the cardiologist at the VA hospital. Today, I was supposed to get all the packages wrapped but we went to a softball game & ate hotdogs so I was too tired. Tomorrow, I go to get my FL id card. Friday looks clear. Oh, we ate out with some friends & played "Chickenfoot" on Sunday night. That's about it for me.

Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Hi Guys,

First off, to Jen, I was saddened to hear of Galen's grandmother's passing. Even when you expect you'll be hearing this kind of news, it's still a shock. I hope Galen is sharing his fond memories of his grandma with you. It's so comforting to begin reliving (through memories) the life shared with a grandparent. I enjoy telling my kids stories about my ancestors. Some are funny, some are gruff, and some are touching. That call early, early in the morning kind of sets off alarms in one's heads - and it's almost never a good call. I have been thinking about you both and hoping the holidays spark stories and sharing about her life and family.
    ((((((HUGS to the both of you))))))

Now, I can go on and blame DeeMarie for my absence here. Last week, she was expounding about doing goodwill instead of being drowned in consumerism. I went into that idea head first and am loving it. First, the kids and I collected items for an adopted family. A new microwave, a new TV, clothes, jammies, and winter hats/gloves/boots/and tennies for the 10 y.o. girl. Some fun clothing and lots of food too. My oldest DD helped lots with that one. Then, my middle DD collected supplies for soldiers from our area and the class sent care boxes. Then I spent this past several days at an old folks home, taking pictures around a holly tree of folks and their companion dogs. I took the digital chips and photoshopped and cropped them and printed as many as each needed to send off with their holiday cards and delivered the last batch today. They said it was the nicest thing that happened to them all season - very nice people! This Friday, Saturday,and Sunday, I am going to work at a fund raiser for HopeLink (our food bank) , wrapping presents with my 14 y.o. DD at Fred Meyer. It'll be 3 long days, but lots of fun! Then after the weekend, I gotta get all my packages mailed! lol!

I've been to the ortho doc this week - pulling 3 teeth in Jan, the dentist wants to do some work, and then braces! - in Jan or Feb! I'm supposed to see my blood doc on Fri, so that ought to be interesting. I've had 3 weeks of stabbing pain in my upper thigh. Hope it works out.

Well, then I have to get the lights up, but I'm fading here. I took an Ambien sleeping pill that is on steroids and making me very tired very fast. Not funny.

Hope Raeanne is having a calming effect on Richard---IS THAT POSSIBLE????!!!! Anyway---enjoy!

I gotta get to bed NOW.

Back tomorrow to read the trash I wrote.....forgive me in advance. I am SOOOOOOO tired.

• magickitty
    19 years ago

Good Morning.

Well first off let me start by saying "OK" BJ it is official, you should be woman of the year. You are fabulous and fantastic all in one "FABTASTIC". What wonderful things you are doing this holiday season. Your daughters are lucky to have you to learn from.

I am off today so I am going shopping for that tacky ornament. Wish me luck.....I had an idea so I hope I can find what I am loking for.

Patti I have to ask, what is "Chickenfoot".

Tikanas, have fun with your friend this weekend. I love it when my friends visit.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Magickitty

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Happy THURSDAY!!!

BJ, you are my hero! What a great job; I'm glad I mentioned it! LOL You are a wonderful example to your children, and I am sure that they'll have great stories to tell their children and grandchildren about you.

Patti/Dave, do tell us about Chickenfoot; sounds like a fun game. I only wish Ed and I were down there with you going to softball games and eating hotdogs...I have a feeling that we're in for a long, cold winter up here.

Magickitty, looking forward to that 'tackiness'. I got Tikanas what I thought was a really tacky ornament, but DH said it wasn't enough, so I may send that and also make something really hideous! teehee 'Tis the season to be silly!

Oh, and let us not forget, on December 20th when opening our gifts, that it was MADDIE's idea! BJ, can you please send all of us her address, so we can forward all those lovely ornaments in January. Perhaps she can sell them on MR Jewelry. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Make this day count!
    DeeMarie

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Here's some chickenfoot games, but I found many instructions to dominoe game-type chickenfoot games on the internet. Sounds fun!

I gotta get my day going. I have so much to do! YIPES!

Back later!

Here is a link that might be useful: Chicken Foot

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning,

Speaking of games...........does anyone have an idea for a fun game for eight women, (hags with nags), to play that would be fun? I am not much of a game person but since we are all going to be sitting around I thought it would be fun to play something. Not a board game a talking game or get up and move type thing........NOT TWISTER!! LOL

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

CHARADES!!!! Nothing formal, just go around and see if others can guess what you're miming. We used to do it when we were bored. Then we'd end up fighting over good and bad clues! LOL

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

We like to play "2 Lies and A Truth". One person tells 2 lies about themselves and 1 true story. Then the other people guess which one is the true story. I's really fun and you certainly learn some STRANGE things about your friends! EVERYONE IS REQUIRED TO PLAY!

Play at night while serving wine and chocolate candies. :)

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Oh BJ, that sounds like a good one. No paraphenalia required either!

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

2 lies and a truth

1) I wanted to become a nun when I was in 7th grade
    2) I changed my first name when I turned 18
    3) I used to sing with a rock band

Which statement is true?

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Hi all!

Just a quickie as I am swamped today!

Suzanne, I was on Prednisone for a recurring kidney inflamation and a "pre asthmatic condition". I think all was brought on by stress when Dh passed away. But what do I know... I'm just a critical care nurse... ha ha! I was on varying doses beginning at the end of January till just last week when I said "NO MORE!!" such is life. It changed my personality, made me gain weight even when I wasn't overeating and also made me very depressed. Never again!

Everyone's Holiday oplans seem to be perking right along. I have to get my swap box out this weekend, too! I hope that Raenne is having a great time! She better be having a margarita for me! : )

Tikanas

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Deemarie: #1?

How about this?

1. I auditioned for lead part in "Assassins" starring Sylvester Stallone.

2. I met my second husband on the Dating Game while working as a Technical Assistant. He was the bachelor.

3. I have been selected as a finalist in Food TV's "Be the Next Food Network's Star" contest.

Go! I mean, GUESS!

• besh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Dee, I would believe any one of those about you! LOL But I am going to go with 1, you wanted to be a nun. I can remember being fascinated by that whole scene and I used to love watching that movie "A Nun's Story".

BJ, all I can say is Wow! You are truly an inspiration and I will echo that you are a wonderful role model for your girls.

Marci, I mailed your package today. No peeking!

Got to fly. DS has his holiday concert tonight.

Love, Besh

• magickitty
    19 years ago

Dee Marie - #3. I like the rock star one.

BJ - #2. I like the dating game one.

1. Had a photograph published.
    2. Spring breaked with Jack Nicklas for a week.
    3. Went on tour w/ Ted Nugent for 3 mo. Selling T-shirts.

Guess.......

Lynn

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Tikanas: Prednisone is the worst! I've had to take it a few winters because of lung infections, due to allergies. I always gain 8-12 pounds and NEVER lose it! Hope your gardening is coming along nicely. Do you grow at home or in a community Pea Patch?

AMY!!!!!! Thanks for checking in! Did you get my email from a couple weeks ago? Miss U!

Lynn: I have to say #3, just cause it sounds SO, SOOOOO cool!

Raeanne is going to be sorry she missed this game.......

I think we should hold off on the REAL answers until Monday....what say y'all?

Come on , people, you're the next contestant on ....

"2 Lies and A Truth"!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

I am in on the game and I would love to wait until Raeanne returns.

Tikanas, I was on 60mg a day of prednisone summer before last. I came down with eosinaphlic pneumonia (sp). A rare lung disease which triggers the immune system to over react. It was strange journey as I was banned from my barn until the disease was identified, etc. I was on those 60mg for almost a year!! I know how it changes personality and makes you gain weight! UGH. I never want to go back on it but at the time it was the only thing standing between me and breathing! Tough choice!

I am thinking of my lies and truth. I should get some good ideas for tomorrow night's game!!

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

This is cracking me up! OMG--

Dee--I'll say #1
    BJ-- # 1 again
    Lynn--I'm with BJ--# 3 sounds soooo cool!! :):)

Alrighty--I've been on here so long that I have few secrets left, but...

1) went to school where Tom Cruise went (@%! that's true--he went to the same college I did)

Let's try this again--

1) I had dinner with a Congresswoman/General Franks
    2) I was a morning DJ on a local radio station that is now owned by Clear Channel
    3) I skydived

Gosh--this is fun!!! :):)

Gotta go--show opens early tomorrow, and I need to hit the hay--

Hugs,

Maddie

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Good FRIDAY morning!

I am soooo glad it's Friday. Got lots of stuff to do in 2 1/2 days; not sure I'll cram it all in. I thought about taking Monday off; however, I was "invited" to 2 important 2005 budget planning meetings, a cocktail party (thrown by our IT department), followed by dinner with a UK visiting colleague. Looks like I'll change that vacation day to next Friday....I'm keeping my calendar clear.

This game is fun. I'm going to take myself out of BJs because I think I know.

Oooopps, gotta go NOW

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

I'll try to keep cutting and pasting until we have one game!

THE GAME, so far:

DeeMarie

BJ
    2. I met my second husband on the Dating Game while working as a Technical Assistant. He was the bachelor.
    3. I have been selected as a finalist in Food TV's "Be the Next Food Network's Star" contest.

MAGICKITTY
    3. Went on tour w/ Ted Nugent for 3 mo. Selling T-shirts

MADDIE
    2) I was a morning DJ on a local radio station that is now owned by Clear Channel
    3) I skydived

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Hi everybody!

Well, I'm off to the doc today for a full physical and blood work. FUN. I hope to get some sort of a guaranteed weight loss plan from the doc. Then, I'm going to my hairdresser from way back. I'm ready for something new in hair color and hair cut and he is the only one I trust when I'm in this kind of mood! So, I'm gone for the day.

Last night, I went to an all night scrap booking session from 7 until 11:30. I'm kind of tired. That, and fasting for my physical is putting me in fine shape! lol.

It's raining very hard here; winter flood warnings in effect. We have really horrible urban flooding here also, with the streets filling up with rushing water. Taking it slowly and watching out for each other works well.

Maddie: I'll say # 2, although I can easily see you cuddling up to the brass for brekky. But, I'll stick with #2.

DeeMarie, I though you'd at least take a stab at mine, but you're too honest! I thought you might know the answer also!

NHSuzanne~ Have fun at your party!!!!!!!!

Patti--- SO? Are you officially from Florida now?????

Besh: How was the holiday concert?

Happy Friday!

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

2 truths and a lie...

1) Jerry Garcia once threw up on to my shoe
    2) I did a back pack survival trip for 3 weeks in Colorado
    3) both of my children have references to Elvis in their names

Everybody have a great weekend!

Tikanas

• deemarie5500
    19 years ago

Tikanas, those clues are good! I mailed your package, and it should arrived by the 17th. Last night I made the tackiest, ugliest ornament....I did not think I had it in me, but DH was just staring at it and said "you aren't going to mail her that, are you"? I laughed and wrapped it this morning! The box contains more than one package, but they all have a card, so you will be able to tell which one is the tacky ornament. I expect to see a picture of this beauty on your tree!! Just a little holiday cheer from New Jersey! LOL!!!!!!!!!

• besh
    Original Author
    19 years ago

OK,

1. Ran in the Boston Marathon
    2. Competed in a wet tee shirt contest
    3. Worked as a mall Easter Bunny

Have a great weekend.

Love, Besh

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

I'll be back. I have to think up what I want to say.

BJ~It is almost official now that I am a Floridian. I still have a TX DL so that I am a resident there & vote there.

Shout out to everyone~ Patti :)

• marci_pa
    19 years ago

Besh - Your package arrived today. I promise to be good and not peek until the 20th.

Gretchen - I am still waiting on something that I ordered for you on 11/29. I finally called today and it was backordered and should be mailed out on Monday and I should receive it by Wednesday. If I mail your package on Wednesday after school, you should still receive it by the 20th. At least that is my plan and I am sticking with it! LOL

OK - Here's my contribution to the game:

1 - I once shaved my head as a form of rebellion.
    2 - I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
    3 - I once ate a whole jar of pickles in one sitting.

Gotta run - I am in the middle of baking Christmas cookies and the buzzer is going off.

Later,
    Marci

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

BJ~Thanks for the game. This is fun. And, you goils certainly know how to get Dave going! LOL He had as much fun as me doing this.

1. Won backstage pass to a Kenny G concert & got his autograph.
    2. Did barrel racing in rodeos in TX.
    3. Attended a barbeque on the set of Dallas.

Besh~I have everything for you. I just haven't felt well enough to get it all wrapped & sent. I'll make myself do it tomorrow so that you will have the opportunity to open it on the 20th with everyone else.

Come on MIAs & lurkers~It is time that we heard from you. We are getting down to the nitty gritty & learning things that we never knew about each other. :) Patti

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Sunday Morning All,

My party was a success. We were all up until 2am having a blast. Saturday we got off to a slow start but managed to get a good ride in spite of the rain. I was exhausted last night and was in bed by 7!!

Now, for 2 truths and a lie:

I had dinner with Julia Child
    I am a certified scuba and ice diver
    Former Sec. of State, Madeleine Albright is my aunt

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

OH MY - I missed so much and what a fun game too.

We had a great time and I have a tan to prove it. I just had to get involved in this game, so I have also cut and pasted and will come back to answer the questions. I am off to water Yoga. I missed all of you.

THE GAME, so far:

DeeMarie

BJ

MAGICKITTY
    3. Went on tour w/ Ted Nugent for 3 mo. Selling T-shirts

MADDIE
    3) I skydived

TIKANIS
    1) Jerry Garcia once threw up on to my shoe
    2) I did a back pack survival trip for 3 weeks in Colorado
    3) both of my children have references to Elvis in their names

BESH
    1. Ran in the Boston Marathon
    2. Competed in a wet tee shirt contest
    3. Worked as a mall Easter Bunny

MARCI
    1 - I once shaved my head as a form of rebellion.
    2 - I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
    3 - I once ate a whole jar of pickles in one sitting

PATTI
    1. Won backstage pass to a Kenny G concert & got his autograph.
    2. Did barrel racing in rodeos in TX.
    3. Attended a barbeque on the set of Dallas.

Suzanne
    1. had dinner with Julia Child
    2. I am a certified scuba and ice diver
    3. Former Sec. of State, Madeleine Albright is my aunt

Raeanne
    1. I saw a UFO
    2. I wrote manuals for Mayor Koch (NYC)
    3. I survived a skyscraper fire

• Gret1
    19 years ago

Marci! No sweat!

My contributions to the game

1. I once worked for Regis Philbin
    2. I was arrested for Nude Sunbathing
    3. Rode a horse along the Pacific Trail from Mexico to Oregon

I PROMISE that I will be back later tonight or tomorrow to post more.

Sponsored