Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Support Mon. Dec. 21st thru Sun. Dec. 27th

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 21, 09 at 7:09

Good Monday all,

This is it! Winter Solstice and the days begin getting longer! I love it.

This is also the last few days before Christmas madness begins.

I am exhausted from working out in the bitter cold and wind. It just knocks me for a loop when I get back into a warm house. I hope our arctic blast goes soon. I knew we would pay a price for not getting snow!! LOL

How was everyone's weekend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support Mon. Dec. 21st thru Sun. Dec. 27th

Good morning, Suzanne! It's even cold here - 32 F. But, the sun is shining, so it's a great day.

Today is the day that my church friends and I deliver the Angel Tree gifts to the families. It was this cold last year, too, but rainy, so I'll take today gladly. I get to drive with my new friend, and that will make the time fly nicely. Hopefully, if we don't get lost again this year, we'll be through by 3 this afternoon.

Suzanne, I can't even imagine being out in the weather like you are daily. It must make you a very strong person to do all that you do.

Dee, what a shame that your party was cancelled because of the weather. At least you have a backup date for January when things aren't so hectic.

I attended two really nice parties this weekend, and have one more to go before Christmas. My TOPS group is having one this Wednesday, and they said we DIDN'T have to bring healthy foods - just yummy ones! LOL

Well, I need to get ready to go. We're meeting at church at 9, and I still need to shower and clean out my car before then. Wishing everyone a productive Monday!

o

Milkdud, I thought your wrote -32 degrees. I had to look twice to realize it was a dash! LOL

My Hags with Nags dinner was lovely. I made the most delicious and festive pomegranate martinis! They were really easy and yummy. The short ribs were delicious and perfect for the bitter and windy night that it was outside. There just is never enough time for us all to get caught up.

I have put together some photo books so if anyone here would like to view them, email me privately and I will send you a link to Snapfish.

o

Good Mornin'!

Well, its a blustery 48 F here is Crazy California! BRRRR! LOL!

Dee, I am sorry that you had to postpone your party : (

Suzanne, I would LOVE to see those photos when you have a chance. Will send you an email.

Milkdud, Have fun delivering those Angel Tree gifts. Such a worthy project! Have a fun and safe drive. What are you bringing to the TOPS party?

I attended 2 parties on Friday, both work related, fun. One more to go at church on Christmas Eve.

For the first time EVER I will have Christmas Eve off from work. Hurray!! In fact, I am taking off 12/24 through 12/ 28 to enjoy my family and R-E-L-A-X.

I have an easy patient load today with lots of running around and last minute baking to do. I want to deliver some goodies to a few of the offices that I contract with, as well as some local friends.

I don't know if anyone saw at the bottom of the last thread, but my nephew is very interested in learning to cook, especially soup! I have put together what I think is a nice gift: stock pot with a Soup from Scratch book, 3 kinds of dried beans, wild rice, packets of homegrown herbs, home grown tomatoes and tomato paste, dry pasta and Chinese noodles, 1 jar, each kind, of Better than Boullion, a soup ladle and a hand made gift certificate for soup making lessons with me. Can anyone think of anything else to add?

Happy Monday!

Tikanis

o

Happy MONDAY!

I've gotten all but 2 gifts purchased. Have to run to the pharmacy after work and there is a Bath and Body Works in the area that I may browse through. Won't see one of the gift recipients until well after the holidays, so I have time.

I'm in the office but it's quiet here. Corporate is closing us up (with pay!) from the afternoon of the 24th through the 3rd of January. It's nice when everyone has the same time off; less e:mails.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Suzanne, would love to see those pics! You work so hard, I could never be out that long in the cold. brrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm listening to my "A Christmas Gift For You from Phil Spector" CD. The CD notes inside are very bizarre considering the guy's in prison for murder! His ability to arrange this music from the 60's girl-groups is outstanding. Who does not like the Ronettes singing "Sleigh Ride" and "Frosty the Snowman"? Great stuff!

Gotta run to a meeting!
Dee

o

I know you are lurking............JOIN IN!

o

Guilty - I was lurking.

Someone give me a good swift kick in the pants, PLEASE. I have been putting off wrapping the rest of my presents and baking cookies. It's not a lot, but I dont want to do it....

Dee - DD#1's co. is doing that too, so she is able to come home for Christmas this year!!!

Suzanne - you may be able to tempt Dee to get on a horse for one of those pomegranate martini's - yummm.

Tikanis - that is a lovely gift you put together - I can't think of anything you need to add.

Milkdud - I also delivered packages today. Our school collects and then arranges to have the items delivered so that it remains somewhat anonymous - our town is so darn little.

Okay, I am going to pull out my cookbook - that is a start, right?

o

Hi all!

The weekend was great--no studying! LOL! We went to a wedding on Saturday, and it was lovely; I got to see a lot of people from my old job, and it was fun to catch up on everyone. Sunday's dinner party was nice, too. Everything worked well, and everyone left (I hope!!) happy. Good weekend!

Well, I just came back from Target, and it was a mad house. The nursing home has moved back in a lady that was there for a while, and then they moved her to a different room, so I had to get her a stocking and stuff for it, which is always fun! (I usually adopt a man and woman from the local senior citizen's Angel Tree, but this year, I decided to adopt mom's cellmates (opps! did I say that?!)instead. I don't know if any of them has family, so I got stockings and filled it with candy (I checked if this was OK), and treats, sox, etc... Those stockings were the most fun I've had with any presents!)

The weather is strange; we had a decent dusting of snow here, and then Wednesday, it's supposed to be in the low 50s. Go figure. It's kinda gray and gloomy, but the tree lights make things better!

Hope all is well!

Hugs,

Maddie

o

It warmed up nicely here today, which was a good thing. They delivered my mulch and I have been outside all day, helping the yard guy, who is also a friend of ours. We weeded, cut back some big miscanthus grasses, just really spiffed up the yard, then laid out the mulch. We're about halfway through, but it looks so nice. Both of us are going to be sore in the morning, though. It was so nice being outside in the sunshine, after all of that rain for the last couple of weeks.

While I was out in the yard, a neighbor came by and gave us our Christmas present - a box of baklava from Michigan - so, my friend and I took a lunch break. I warmed up shrimp and crab gumbo and we had a piece of baklava for dessert. Did I mention that I didn't go to Weight Watchers today?!

So, I'm going to take a long hot shower, might have a glass of wine, plug in my Christmas tree and lights. Husband is out of town on business and I'm all to myself. Complete control of the remote. What a nice day. I probably will be asleep by 8.

I still need to wrap a few presents, too, raeanne, and finalize what we are getting my mom, but, strangely, I'm not getting too worked up about it. I know I will get it done, one way or the other. I hope I can stay this calm.

Have a good night, everyone.

o

Good Tuesday all,

Cold and blustery here as usual. Sunny though so I won't whine too much.

We are closing in on Christmas and I am amazingly calm! I am sure that will not last forever. DH is in Michigan this morning and supposed to be heading home today. Keep your fingers crossed.

I finally finished putting together photos of the December 2008 ice storm which I can share with you. Dee I can send to you right away and Tikanis I will send as soon as I have an email address. If someone has it please let me know.

Also, Maddie, please send me an email so I can share the moose pictures with you.

Raeanne, LOL Oh Dee, could I get you onto a horse if I made a pitcher of those delicious martinis? That would be fuN!

o

OK, special note to the Christmas Wise Guys: Suzanne/Raeanne, I would make EACH of you a pitcher of those martinis if you promise me that I do NOT have to get on a horse. LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would you want to be so cruel to a horse! hahahahahahahaha

later...

o

Good morning, friends! It's mild here today, already 66 F. and partly sunny.

Today is C-Day! Cleaning day! It's also the only day I have free of outside obligations, and our guests are arriving tomorrow afternoon from MS, so I'm working toward getting going on this house. Hubby is off tomorrow, and once I get everything picked up and put away today, everything dusted and vacuumed, he'll steam-clean the carpets in the morning. We've had so much rain this fall and Lucky dog hasn't remembered to wipe her feet, so the carpet needs attention.

Suzanne, I always enjoy your photos, so I'd love to see them, too. I think my email is on my account here. Let me know if it isn't.

I'll check in later today, but now I really need to get inspired. Wish me luck!

o

Yoohoo, Suzanne! I need a tutorial on how to post my ornament tomorrow. I was able to post photos at another board from Photobucket just now, but when I try to post here, it won't work. I was trying to share my tree with y'all since I 'thought' I knew how to do it now.

TIA!

o
Recipes

Here's a recipe I'm making for tomorrow. I think Tikanis asked about it.

Disappearing Buffalo Chicken Dip

2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce such as Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 4 oz.)
2 tbsp. finely chopped green onions (optional)
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. Toss chicken with pepper sauce. Stir in remaining ingredients except blue cheese. Turn into 1.5-quart shallow casserole, then sprinkle with blue cheese.

3. Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until bubbling. Serve, if desired, with celery and/or your favorite dippers.

Here's one I try to make when I entertain at home. It needs to be served hot, or at least nice and toasty warm!

Russian pizzas
1 lb. sharp shredded cheese
Chopped green onions (6 or 7)
1 cup Hellmans real mayo
English muffins (2 dozen)
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. garlic powder
Paprika on top
TOAST THE MUFFINS FIRST! You can mix all the other ingredients ahead of time, but dont put on until ready to broil on 2nd side.
My niece introduced me to this delicacy years ago, and it's addictive. Consider yourselves warned! LOL

o

Hello from a very MIA!!!

We are at the very end of construction!!!

Suzanne, I sent you 2 emails - one was bounced back and I sent one through this site. I can't find your address so I haven't sent your gift yet - I am so sorry. You will receive after Christmas with extra goodies, I promise. I still have to shop for my family. The good news was in spite of Saturday's storm my furniture was delivered and the cable company came out to set us up in the new room.

We got 20 inches of snow with drifts deeper than that. Weekend was pretty much a lost cause. Driving is icy except for main roads which are perfect. My street is like a skating rink.

2 girls at work are out - 1 due to scheduled surgery and 1 fell on black ice Sunday and broke her pelvis in 3 spots. We are down to me and another girl - not sure if I will get my scheduled vacation next week.

I sound like I'm whining, I'm sorry.

I think we sign off with the builder on Christmas Eve of all days. After that I will get my act together and post pictures.

Love and hugs to all - if I don't check in again I wish you and your families the merriest of Christmases and a healthy, happy safe new year. Since I'm coming to the end of my major project I should be around much more in 2010.

Now I have to email a very old friend in Vegas and apologize for her gift not arriving in time for the holidays. She'll get an extra goody too.

Love, Donna

o

A quick Hello! before a crazy a day of work, errands and last minute stuff.

Hi Donna!

Milkdud, thanks for the recipes! I love the way you are "working toward getting going" on your housecleaning!LOL!

Back later!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Tikanis

o

Good Wednesday,

Donna, no worries. Please don't feel the pressure of going out and shopping for me. I would really have you here posting when you get more time! Really. I hope you get your house together in time to enjoy your Christmas.

Milkdud, your recipes sound fun and oink, oink, oinkly delicious! LOL Here are the instructions for posting here. It's really as simple as can be you must copy the html code and paste it into the message box where you type all your messages: Print this out and have it next to you when you try to do it.

Here are the simple steps for uploading photos here. It's easy.

1. Go to Photobucket.com (I am sure there are other sites that let you do this but I use this one) Create a FREE account. Then upload your photos in an album.

2. Once you have done this you can view each photo. Point your cursor under the photo and a little screen will come up. Check of the photo in the little box in the left hand side. Under that you will see HMTL CODE highlight that code and copy (it may automatically copy for you - it will say copied).

3. Come over to the thread you want to copy it into. I usually open up this forum and am ready to go.

4. Paste the code into the Message box - just like you were posting.

5. To check to see if your code was properly pasted hit preview. Your photo should come up.

6. You can type text before or after the code but don't type over the code.

7. Voila! You should have a posted photo.

o

Good afternoon all,

Boy, it's quiet here today! I guess I will just talk to myself. LOL

I have been missing Marci so I went to her photo sight and was reminded of some of you that we haven't heard from in a long time. Marci, I miss you alot. Also, Gretchen, Besh, Jen, Lynn (Magic kitty), Patti, BJ, Amy, John...I am sure there are others. Stop in and say hey for the holidays!

I will check in tomorrow but Christmas is bearing down and there is so much left for us all to do.

xxx...ooo

o

Merry Christmas!

Can we open our boxes yet? Can we? Can we? Can we????????????????????????????????????????//

o

Good Morning and Merry Christmas!

Getting ready to hit the shower, then headed to my mom's. Weather is pretty rough, tornado watch, windy, heavy rain, hopefully we will miss most of it. It is going to drop from the mid-60's to low 30's, thus the storms.

Just fixed a lump crab casserole to take up - not WW recipe - ha. It is so easy and so good. One pound of lump crabmeat, swiss, monterey jack and cheddar cheeses, eggs, flour, green onions, garlic, milk. Similar to a quiche, but no crust. Our nephews' favorite. Good hot or cold.

Better get moving. I hope everyone has a safe and very happy holiday!

o

Good Christmas eve morning!

Dee, I thought everyone was supposed to do that yesterday! Rip right in sister and share with us what you got!

I am getting prepared to go down to Inlaws for this evening and Christmas morning. Will be home by tomorrow afternoon. I will check in with everyone to see what was in your boxes!

May your day be merry and bright! Have fun and be safe.

xxx...ooo

o

Good Christmas eve, everyone! It's cool here again, TG, instead of the high 70's we've had the past 2 days. Feels more like Christmas.

Dee, I opened my ornament bag yesterday and saw this lovely cupcake ornie - the cutest, least fattening cupcake I've ever seen! Thank you so much - you did well! I hope that I can post the picture of it so that everyone can enjoy this cutie!

Busy day today. I still have friend gifts to deliver (2), and neighbor goody baskets to deliver (4), then my gumbo needs occasional attention until dinnertime. YUM! Church tonight, then early bedtime. I wish everyone here and anyone peeking in a very Merry Christmas!

Daily Support Ornie 2009

o

Merry Christmas Eve!!

I am still baking and delivering, almost done. I have a final store run to the bakery and produce markets, then gift wrapping. Church tonight at 6:00 then home for Lasagna and a quiet evening, just a few people here and there...

Tomorrow , up at the crack of dawn to cook, open gifts with the kids. Sister, hubby and kids coming at 2:00. We'll do a Yankee Swap (I know what that is now!) and eat. Afterward, we'll open the "real gifts".

Menu:

Christmas Salad with Raspberries and Walnuts in Vinagrette
Vichyssoise
Dinner Rolls

Herb Crusted Prime Rib, Au Jus
Twice Baked Potatoes
Greek Dressing
Roasted Asparagus Bundles with Lemon Crumbs
Venetian Wild Rice in a Grape leaf Wreath
Fruit Salad

Lindy's style New York Cheesecake
Peach Cobbler

None of this is dietetic, so I'll be waddling over to the computer to check in later!!

Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Tikanis

o
I did it!!!

Thanks to Suzanne and my DSD, I managed to post the picture. YEA~ It's such a cute ornament, and I'm happy that everyone gets to see it.

o
follow-up

Tikanis, your menu sounds scrumptious! And, you reminded me that I need to make one more store run before they close around here this afternoon. Good luck with all that cooking!

o

Happy Christmas Eve!

Maddie outdid herself (and her card brought tears to my eyes!). There is a corn stalk angel, a corn cob santa, a hand-painted gold glass ornament, a box of candy, and a lapel pin that is a palm tree with a martini glass under it (where did she get THAT idea?). You can see the pin if you look really hard on the branch on the right side of the angel's head and bottom of candy box. Thank you, dear Maddie! I'll always remember the first photo we all saw of you, highlighted in candlelight at a Christmas Eve service.

Ooops, just looked and the silver tree ornament on the right side is mine. Thought I got all mine out of the picture range.

Special thanks to Suzanne for walking us through the picture process!

Milkdud, I am so happy you liked the ornament. I found it the week you were struggling with your food choices and just could not resist!

DH and I will be alone tonight. We'll have a quiet dinner and then light the luminaries to match all our neighbors around the lake. We usually try to walk around in the stillness and just take in all the light.

Silent Night, Holy Night....

DC Ornament Exchange Maddie

o

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

Dee, I'm glad you liked everything! I thought the corncob was a riot! :) Merry Christmas, my beautiful friend! I hope that I get to see you again, soon!

Tikanis, you sweetie you! Ladies, she sent me the most gorgeous teapot ornament! It's just beauitful and delicate, and absolutely lovely! (I love teapots anyway, and would love to collect them if I could, so this is so perfect!) I will try to post pics tomorrow--I've never done it before, so lawd only knows what I'll actually do! LOL! Tikanis, thank you so much! :)

Well, we're getting ready for a late dinner (roast duck, potatoes roasted in duck fat, and haricots verts. Then, we're going to watch A Chrsitmas Story, and then to church at 11pm, and then open gifts. (I hope I got a bike! Yeah, I sound like a little kid! LOL)

Love to all,

Maddie

o

Merry Christmas to all!

We picked up DD#1 from the airport yesterday morning and we haven't stopped for a minute since then. We enjoyed our traditional Christmas Eve dinner of prime rib, twice baked, carrots, brussel sprouts. Today is much easier with a baked ziti dinner.

Marci sent me this gorgeous ornament from Ne'Qwa Art. The ornament is actually a reverse painting where they paint them from the inside of it. A couple years back I gave these ornaments to some special friends. But this particular one has even more of a signifcance than Marci could know. My mother collected cardinals and when she passed I spoke at her memorial about cardinals and vowed that whenever I saw one I would think of her. This is a very special gift for me. Thanks so much Marci. (sorry the photo shows the tassle a bit askewed)

Ornament

I know I have beem MIA more than I would like to be but please know that I think of all of you often and it is a very comforting feeling knowing that all of you are but a click away.

o

Wishing eveyone a wonderful Christmas.

If you are travelling hope you have a safe trip.

We had our family get together yeaterday and had a wonderful time, but much too much food!!!

o

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Hubby & I had Christmas breakfast and gift-opening with his DD and her BF already, have fixed the 'disappearing buffalo chicken dip' and sausage cheese balls, and now we're resting before my youngest Dson and his family get here in about an hour. We're going to knosh on appetizers for lunch (and into the afternoon!), then we'll have a big hot dinner of brisket, green bean casserole, corn casserole, and lots of talking and laughing!

I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's Christmas ornaments. They're all so pretty! This was a fun thing to participate in this year. And now I wish everyone a blessed and memorable Christmas!

o

Hi everyone! Merry Christmas to all who observe it :) And wishing a good day to all who don't. I have my favorite carols in a list on Rhapsody, and also a couple of Christmas channels on Pandora. One I love is 'Carol Of the Bells.' So many arrangements of it, too. Here is one on youtube listed below.
I'm wondering if my neighbors are tired of hearing it, lol. One line I like is 'Can you feel the light through the dark?'

I opened presents over the phone with my son and his daughter. the other daughter is in the Dominical Republic with her boyfriend. Among other things, I got some raspberry vanilla body lotion which is nice. Then I'll go into Second Life and see what's happening there. Most of my time there I spend by myself building, but I do sometimes go to events. I even made some mostly healthy chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies.

The pics of the ornaments were fun to see, and I like reading people's menu's, too. Sounds yummy.

Wishing for all to stay safe and happy :)

Love and aloha, Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Carol Of the Bells

o

Merry Christmas everyone! I had a fun filled day and we are getting ready to do our annual puzzle. I just wanted to check in and see if everyone had posted about their ornaments.

Raeanne - I am so glad you liked your ornament and double glad that it had special significane for you. I don't know why I was drawn to that one in particular, but there must have been some Karma involved. The whole idea of the reverse painting just amazed me and I thought of you right away.

Patti sent me this adorable ornament that she said was "so ugly she was cute"! Thanks Patti! My DD noticed her right away.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here