Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Support 12/20 to 12/26

Posted by maddie_in_ky (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 20, 10 at 6:59

Good morning everyone!

I've been MIA due to tutoring, but I'm baaaaack. :)

((((BJ))))). Sis, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. He was lovely, and i'm very glad to have met him. Please give your mom and hug from me, and let her know that she's in my thoughts and prayers.

((((Besh)))) I've had (ahem) "interesting" years, too, so I can sympathize with you completely. Hopefully, things will good in '11. :)

Well, my afternoon was interesting yesterday. I went to a local strip mall, and I just parked and was in the middle of the parking lot, heading towards the store, when the police came screaming in, heading towards me. Really? Do I hit the deck, call my attorney, arrange bail, run, what? :) Anyhoo, they swarmed a dentist's office, and to make a long story short, they ending up shooting a guy after he threatened them with a knife. I had already ducked into the store, so I didn't actually see anything, but man! I ended up being in on TV, just a glance, but there I was all shubbed out, coming out of the craft store. Scary times.

Gotta go--going shopping in an hour.

Hugs,

Maddie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support 12/20 to 12/26

I came to make sure someone had posted about BJ & there is so much news.

BJ~I am SO sorry for your loss. Hugs to you & your family.

Wodka~So sorry to hear of what you are going through. I don't have a recommendation but just want to mention that there is another Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL. I have had several friends go there.

Besh~Sorry you are going through so much as well.

NH Suzanne~Man, I know you'll miss those animals. We've discussed them as I have had the types of animals you have & have loved them all too. Anytime you want another scrapbook, if you don't have the time to do it, just let me know. It could be of all your beloved animals. ;)

Maddie~I'm thinking, "This could only happen to Maddie."

Tikanis~Glad to hear from you & I'm sure you are busy this time of year.

CarolynTX~I'm glad your apartment is coming together. We didn't get a chance to call you & I'm not sure if we are going to go back to Dallas or not. I want to spend another day with my DD b/c she is going to the dr & I want to see what he has to say.

Marci~Glad you got your package. We should see if everyone has theirs now or not.

Dee~Has your package arrived? You may have said & I missed it. I have had computer access off & on. Mostly off. I miss it when I don't have it.

Raeanne~I haven't seen you posting.

Hi to all I've missed. Take deep breaths this week if you need to. It is supposed to be a miraculous, wonderful time of year. Don't let the hustle and bustle of the times get you down or take away your focus. It is a time to be with family & friends. Sometimes we see our friends as our family! ;) Enjoy yourselves to the fullest. That is my advice. Patti

o

Happy MONDAY!

Patti, yes your package is under our tree and at least 5 of the little ones tried to grab it at our holiday party Saturday night. We had almost 40 of DH's family show up, and I must admit that my home looked magical. All the lights from the tree, decorations and Snow Villages all over the house. I did all the cooking myself, including stuffing 140 jumbo shells (Raeanne and Marci, I know you shaking your heads knowingly!). We have lots of food leftover, and I totally forgot to cut up all the lovely fruit in an awesome bowl(!) for a salad...melons, pineapple, berries, but it was not missed. DH and I are eating lightly this week...salads and fruit!!! Next weekend is easier on me. Christmas Eve we will stop in at DBIL for an hour or so, that off to see my MIL for another hour or so. Christmas Day, DH"s daughters come by and our son-in-law. Sunday, we (finally!!) get to see my family. Next Monday we leave for NC for the week.

Tomorrow night we are meeting our friends for dinner and our annual driving thru neighborhoods to see the lights. (Not far from your friends, Raeanne).

Between DH and myself, we are looking at lots of tests and procedures in the new year. However, that will not interfere with our enjoyment of the holidays. More about that later.

QOD: What is everyone else up to this week?

Enjoy yourself as best you can.
Dee

o

Is everyone out shopping? I hope not.

Donna - your package arrived today and I will not sneak a peek until tomorrow LOL.

Maddie - I hope your package arrived safely.

Dee - sounds like your dinner for DH's family went very well. They are talking about opening a model train museum up here this summer - maybe you can drag your DH up. Hope the light tour went well. I really miss doing that, not many people decorate like that up here. Hope all went well with your stress test, etc.

I think I am ready. DD#2 comes home tomorrow and DD#1 arrives Christmas morning. Last week was filled with parties, we weren't home one night.

Hugs to everyone that needs and/or wants them. Thinking of all of you.

o

Marci~I know you asked if I got my pkg. We go to Midland today & I'm going out with my sis, SIL, DIL, & Son's gf. I should find out then. I'll try to get back on to post later. Thinking about everyone too & hoping that they are just too busy to post. :)

o

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

oxoxBesh

o

Good Friday all!

I wanted to stop by to wish everyone a very merry Christmas! I am off to southern MA to my in-laws house and will be back tomorrow evening! It's hard to drag me away from here these days! LOL

Hope everyone has the best of holidays with family and friends.

xxx...ooo

o

Thanks for all the cards, emails, and thoughts. I love you guys! We are going to Alaska next summer to spread my Dad's ashes in his favorite fishing river...we'll all meet in the little village, go to the river and then go berry picking. This is what my Dad wanted.

I have been very busy! In-laws popped in night before last from CA. They are here until I-don't-know-when! DIL is going to move the big rocks around on our land. We have absolutely NO landscaping, so whatever he does will be an improvement.

I went to the mainland on the ferry 3 days ago to pick up 2 little Christmas elves! They are 3.5 year old boy and a 7 year old girl-neglected-and removed from their home. Now they are with us for Christmas. I had a whirlwind shopping trip so Santa will be bringing them the toys they want! You can tell they have had very little supervision as they are into everything and RUN from one end of the house to the other ALL DAY LONG, getting into EVERYTHING!!! :-)

AND...all my bio kids are here from everywhere! A house full! SO much excitement!

As well, we were invited to Baby V's house for a visit last Saturday. He came bounding down the stairs and jumped into my waiting arms and we stayed like that for a long time! He is getting so big and is just the most wonderful boy in the entire world! We went to eat in a restaurant with his family and he ate his weight in fries-just like old times! The visit was wonderful! Lots of pictures and conversation. He is with a good family and thank heaven they let us see him...I am very thanksful for that.

I am going back to read since I've been MIA...HUGS to all who need them and Christmas Greetings to EVERYONE!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Digital Nativity

o

Merry Christmas to all my SS Sisters!! My kids are both home and the holidays can now begin!

BJ - I am so glad you were able to find joy amongst the sadness of the last few weeks. You are a true Christmas angel for giving those 2 kids a Christmas to remember. And how wonderful that you got to visit with Baby V!!

NHSuzanne - I will email you later, but I wanted to thank you so much for your wonderful Christmas package. I LOVE, LOVE my ornament and I have a funny story to tell you about it. I can't wait to taste the Peach jam and the zucchini relish. The jewelry is so pretty and unique. I can't wait to wear it!! Thanks you and Merry Christmas!!

Patti - I hope your package was waiting for you in Midland!
Merry Christmas to you and Dave. Give him a hug from me.

I hope everyone one else opened their packages, cause I couldn't wait any longer!! LOL

Hugs to everyone and have a wonderful holiday.

Marci

o

Marci~My package was waiting for me & I'm am so thrilled. I can't wait to get a tree for our new house so we can start to hang our SS ornaments that have been so special over the years. I tried to explain the special relationship we all have to the "girls" when we went out last night but they just didn't get it. LOL I love, love, love my scrapbook & can't wait to have a place to do some scrapping again if we decide we are going back to FL & giving our 30 day notice as we had planned???

BJ~You really are SO special & I'm so glad you had a chance to visit your special little man. How wonderful for you to give 2 more special little ones a beautiful Christmas memory. I hope they always think of it. Our card is on the way. We were in between places so it was mailed late but you were on our minds. :)

Merry Christmas to all! & the love of Christmas to all of you.

o

Merry Christmas, y'all! :)

o

Merry Christmas SS sisters!

Hi up there, Carolyn! ; )

I received a wonderful little package from Maddie yesterday. I think it may have been on my porch for a couple of days; postman had hidden it under a porch bench to protect it from all of our rain. I received a genuine Churchill Downs horse shoe and a cute little horse ornament. both are hanging on the tree. Thank you, Maddie! I love them! Having talked to you on the phone, I can't WAIT to hug you a big thanks in person!

Here's wishing a very Merry Christmas to all of you. I am grateful that you are all here, like a little gift to be opened everyday that I log on.

XX OO

Tikanis

o

Merry Christmas all!

Sounds like everyone is having a lovely day. I am home from MA and can now go to the barn to visit my kids. I have some treats for them.

Tikanis, thank you so much for the sweet angle ornament! It is now hanging on my little tree with so many other SS sisters ornaments. What a lovely little tradition we have.

Hope all is well. Will check in later this weekend.

xxx...ooo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here