Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
SS Support - Mon Dec 13th through Sun Dec 19th

Posted by NHSuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 04 at 6:46

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I certainly did and will give details later.

I am cutting and pasting from last weeks thread!!

THE GAME, so far:

DeeMarie
1) I wanted to become a nun when I was in 7th grade
2) I changed my first name when I turned 18
3) I used to sing with a rock band

BJ
1. I auditioned for lead part in "Assassins" starring Sylvester Stallone.
2. I met my second husband on the Dating Game while working as a Technical Assistant. He was the bachelor.
3. I have been selected as a finalist in Food TV's "Be the Next Food Network's Star" contest.

MAGICKITTY
1. Had a photograph published.
2. Spring breaked with Jack Nicklas for a week.
3. Went on tour w/ Ted Nugent for 3 mo. Selling T-shirts

MADDIE
1) I had dinner with a Congresswoman/General Franks
2) I was a morning DJ on a local radio station that is now owned by Clear Channel
3) I skydived

TIKANIS
1) Jerry Garcia once threw up on to my shoe
2) I did a back pack survival trip for 3 weeks in Colorado
3) both of my children have references to Elvis in their names

BESH
1. Ran in the Boston Marathon
2. Competed in a wet tee shirt contest
3. Worked as a mall Easter Bunny

MARCI
1 - I once shaved my head as a form of rebellion.
2 - I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
3 - I once ate a whole jar of pickles in one sitting

PATTI
1. Won backstage pass to a Kenny G concert & got his autograph.
2. Did barrel racing in rodeos in TX.
3. Attended a barbeque on the set of Dallas.

Suzanne
1. had dinner with Julia Child
2. I am a certified scuba and ice diver
3. Former Sec. of State, Madeleine Albright is my aunt

Raeanne
1. I saw a UFO
2. I wrote manuals for Mayor Koch (NYC)
3. I survived a skyscraper fire

Gretchen
1. I once worked for Regis Philbin
2. I was arrested for Nude Sunbathing
3. Rode a horse along the Pacific Trail from Mexico to Oregon

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: SS Support - Mon Dec 13th through Sun Dec 19th

Anyone else want to play before we start guessing? Let's give everyone until tomorrow morning?

OK, I needed at least 2 more days added to this weekend to put a dent into what I needed to get done. guess what? I'm sitting in the office!! Cannot clear my calendar until this Friday; I may take next Monday off too....sheesh, the pressure...I had my plans, but DH decided to "help" with stuff. You get the picture? LMAO!!!!

Make today count!
D

o

Dee - I'm with you and need a couple more days.

Right before we went on vacation, we had our house painted and I haven't had time to put the furniture back and put any artwork back on the walls. Although I enjoy the barren look, I have everything crammed into 2 rooms. Not to mention that I haven't done much Christmas shopping and I haven't done any decorating.

I went with DD to see Polar Express yesterday. I loved it, but we both agreed that it would've scared DD when she was young. That is one of my favorite Christmas stories.

This is a very fun game that BJ got us started on - THANKS.

BJ - if you can imagine this Rich does actually relax on vacation and I have the pictures to prove it. I took photos of him everyday in a variety of vertical positions LOL. We started to call him the SUN GOD. I'm having a very hard time figuring your lie in the game, I believe they all happened to you LOL.

This really was one of the laziest vacations I ever took. I did walk every morning and hit water aerobics a few times, but aside from that my physical activity was limited to walking from the lounge chair to the pool, beach or restaurant LOL.

Besh - can you recommend any good books for teen boys and girls, around 12 to 17 age? A group of us adopted some kids in town that need some Christmas gifts.

BJ -let me know if you have some clever gift ideas for some needy teens.

I better get back to work, very hard to concentrate after being away.

o

BJ - just glancing over my post and I meant that Rich was horizontal not vertical - can't even blame it on Jet Lag LOL.

o

Raeanne, Ed has been known to sleep vertically!

o

Dee - I wasn't saying that he couldn't sleep vertically, just not on this vacation LOL.

o

Hey everyone!!

1. I was high school homecoming queen.
2. I make and drink my own wine.
3. I ran away and got married.

How is everyone?

Tara is having more ear infections. Poor kid. Hopefully they will get her better.

Have a great day.

Jen

o

I hope that everyone posts. I am looking forward to seeing what is true & what is made up! ROFL I think we have some "wild children" here. LOL

Here are Dave's:

1. Dated a mafia "princess"
2. Tried out for the 1980 Olympic shooting team
3. Delivered Express Mail for President Bush while he was visiting his DMIL in Midland, TX.

Cannot wait to check back in tomorrow. Shout out to everyone! Thanks for making my day. Patti :)

o

I am so far behind in my posting...I will keep it brief

I am down 17 pounds with WW. I went down a bra size but not a cup size. I am down a pant size. I have not been this successful on any diet over the years. I feel really good about it.

DD broke her nose a few weeks ago....not a pretty sight at all. She is healing and back playing BBall.

We have a new puppy that arrived into our home on 11/6. He is a pug. His name is Norton and he is a little doll. I am not sure what we were thinking getting another dog. We already had two but they were small. So now we are up to three but they only add up to 60 pounds with their combined weight.

I have a new digital camera that I am in love with. The SO bought me a digital SLR. In fact one of my photos is on the cover of a Pug calendar. It is a picture of Norton.

Jen: I am sending out your box tomorrow.

I am going to be vacationing AT HOME after this week. I am so so ready for a break from work that it doesn't matter that I am not leaving town. I think my daughter and I are going to take the train downtown on Monday, eat lunch at Marshall Fields and their HUGE Christmas tree and just peruse the Holiday windows. I love hanging out wtih her. We have so much fun together.

Hi to everyone especially Patti and Amy...it is so nice to see you posting again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Norton's Calendar pose!

o

Gretchen - That photo is absolutely adorable (and so is Norton! What a cute face!). Can I put it in the album?? Lucky you getting an SLR digital camera. Congrats on your success with WW. Have fun on your "vacation"!!

Patti - I too had fun reading everyone's 2 Lies and a Truth, but I have decided that we either have a "wild" bunch on this thread or everyone has a really active imagination!! LOL Glad Dave is playing along.

We had icy roads this morning, but no 2 hour delay. Consequently, buses had to pull over and sit until the roads were cleared. We had to activate our emergency phone chain and we only had a partial class this morning. We are trying to practice our Christmas play and program, but it was hard with out some of the "major" players. But whatever happens, happens and my worrying about it won't make it any better. Go with the flow is my motto!!

Are we supposed to post our answers to the game tomorrow? I won't be able to post until later in the day, so don't reveal the answers too early. I'm sure I got everyone's right!! NOT! But I still want a chance to post.

Raeanne - I can sleep vertically. True!!! I have fallen asleep at the computer and even mid conversation (well, I was on the listening end of a conversation when that happened - lol). Glad you had a nice relaxing vacation.

Gotta run. Hi to everyone!
Marci

o

Gretchen, that Norton looks like a BEANIE BABY!! What a cutie!

I can't wait to read everyone's answers.

Raeanne, your vacation sounds like a blast. I hopw you had a margarita for me.

Jen, I am sorry about Tara's ear infections. DD used to get strep throat ALL the time. It's really no fun for them...

Well, I am off of ALL prednisone!! Hurray! Now when I diet, I might even LOSE something! I started back on my program this AM....

We threw a party for our homeschool group's Math professor.We took him out to breakfast and gave him a big gift certificate to Trader Joes. Lot's of fun. Then I came home and worked for hours on our whole curriculum for next semester. Busy, busy, busy! Almost done, though.

Back tomorrow. Be strong, be well!

Tikanas

o

Gretchen - I think I'm in love - Norton is adorable - I want one. Congrats on the photo too - that is great.

Tikanis - I really don't know how you do it - you are busy busy busy.

I have all my picks for the game and will post them when we are given the go ahead. I am off to water aerobics, take DD to train and hopefully get some shopping done.

o

Raeanne: Thank you for your comments about Norton. He is a cutie. We love the pug breed and have wanted one for a while. He is a very sweet little puppy and very mellow.

I have to go through my picks but what an interesting group we are!

o

Good Morning All,

When are we going to guess on the truths and lies?

Gretchen, your Norton is cute. A woman in our office has pugs and she had one of hers in last week. The eyes are huge! She was cute.

Back to work.

o

Good Afternoon All..... that pug is cut as a bug!!!!!

When are we doing the answers???

DeeMarie - the goods were mailed yesterday.....My DH stood in line for me....what a guy.

We had a work friend of DH from Ohio over for dinner with his fiance. They are vacationing at Ft. Myers Beach for the week. So while we were waiting for them to come over we got a phone call from another friend who came to town and wanted to come over in 5 minutes.....OH BOY, he brought three people with him. I was stunned, but handled it fine. We just cut up more cheese and put out more crackers and everyone had fun. They left and we grilled dinner out and finally ate at 9:00 pm. Not what I like to do at all. Way to late to eat. I am having the salad that was left over right now for lunch and a LARGE glass of water.

Have a great day!!!

Magickitty

o

It's a busy day here!

Lynn~ The hostest with the mostest! A side note: in Alaska in the summertime, people eat from 9pm until midnight - it's maddening! :) I hope to mail your package today- if the lines are extensive, I may try another time or mail it from here with USPS online services.

Marci: Hope the roads are better. And stay safe!

Gretchen! 17 POUNDS! Yowsa! YAY you! Wow! That is SO fantastic and the will power at this time of year - I'm highly impressed! Norton is adorable - my 14 yr old DD wants a pug, but I told her she could have a dog when she's gets her own place.

Jen - Hope you and Galen are doing okay. Keep us informed if you need hugs. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Here's wishes for the cuties to feel better soon.

Raeanne- I MISSED YOU! Glad you're back, but I have a hard time believing Richard slowed down. Send pictures for proof. I am SO jealous you got a tan, although I am getting a good layer of rust on myself from all this rain we're having! You asked about gifts for teens - they love gift cards and uneccesary things - things they normally wouldn't buy, like fingerless gloves, cool winter scarves, any kind of bling, make-up is ALWAYS a hit (any kind, but mascara, eyeliner, blush, and smelly lotions & hot perfumes are great!). Also, diary books and cool pens, CD players (and batteries), and stickers for school folders.

NHSuzanne~ Your party sounded fun. What does your DH do when you have those things? Mine would get a hotel room! lol!

DeeMarie~ Why do you let DH get involved in decorating? Send him to the store in the next town!

Patti! Thanks for adding Dave to the game. All the game choices ARE wild, you're right!

Tikanas~ DH is in Irvine for 3 days. Wish I was - maybe I would slow your tail down and have a coffee with you! His parents just sold the house and are moving to Fall Brook in March. DH is getting pictures of his boyhood home and visiting.

MADDIE! Check in and tell us how your holiday biz is going!

Got my hair dyed black/brown and chopped on Friday. It's kind of wild, but I love it! I read with the kindies this morning and now I have to go get some high impact bras! Doc's orders! HA! I had my check up Friday. He'd still like me to drop a few pounds and bloodwork is not back yet. Blood pressure was low and recovering respirations after exercise were great. Checking cholesterol, liver (for an acne drug I take), and thyroid. But--- he wants me to run hill sprints for 15 minutes 6 times a week! Okay, off I go, to get the bras.....lol. Then to the toy store, and then online to Amazon, for last minute family shopping!
All for now! Gotta fly! I gotta organize my laundry room tonight or I will go crazy! Then we're wrapping and boxxing up gifts to mail! OH! And we've gotta get some lights up outside! It's the MOST wonderful time of the year! Yeah, right!

Later!

o

Gretchen~Norton is a cutie. My Mom told me this morning that my DSis got a mini-daschund with long red hair from her hubby. They are arguing over the name. LOL

Wow! BJ~You answered everyone & there isn't that much left to say.

Besh~We got your gift sent today. The tracking # on usps.com is 0300 6000 0001 4899 9920. I hope that it gets there on time & all in one piece.

Maddie~Give us a shout.

Jen~I hope that Tara is feeling better.

Shout out to everyone! Love is in the air! Patti :)

o

Hello All,

Maddie, I sent your package today via UPS. Can we say taaaaaaccccccyyyyyyy????????? LOL

o

OK, why don't we spend tomorrow WEDNESDAY answering everyone's truth/lie statements. On THURSDAY, we can all give our real answers. The winner (with most correct answers) gets to write the book about us (but must share royalities, of course!)

Someone please yell loud if they know that one or more of us will be away over the next day or two!

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
DeeMarie

o

Hello,

Gretchen, I love Norton and I love his name! Congratulations on the weight loss! I am down about 12# doing the Fat Flush Plan. I am just starting my third week and I can't believe how good I feel. Keep up the good work.

Patti, I promise I won't peek when it gets here.

Raeanne, book suggestions. I'm so glad you asked!!!
~ Almost anything by Sharon Creech, Chasing Redbird, Ruby Holler; Fever by Laurie Halse Anderson, also by her is Speak and Catalyst (both excellent books, but for a more mature girl or boy because of the subject matter); Olives Ocean by Kevin Henkes (I loved that one); Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo (being made into a movie coming out in February); Hoot by Carl Hiaasen (good one for boys); Star Girl by Jerry Spinelli, also by him Maniac Magee (good for boys); Pictures of Hollis Woods by Patricia Reilly Giff. That is probably enough suggestions, but I got plenty more if you need them!

I can't wait to find out the answers to the game! I hope I don't win, I don't want to write the book!

Have a great evening. Hello and (((HUGS))) to all.

Love, Besh

o

THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeeMarie
1) I wanted to become a nun when I was in 7th grade
2) I changed my first name when I turned 18
3) I used to sing with a rock band

BJ
1. I auditioned for lead part in "Assassins" starring Sylvester Stallone.
2. I met my second husband on the Dating Game while working as a Technical Assistant. He was the bachelor.
3. I have been selected as a finalist in Food TV's "Be the Next Food Network's Star" contest.

MAGICKITTY
1. Had a photograph published.
2. Spring breaked with Jack Nicklas for a week.
3. Went on tour w/ Ted Nugent for 3 mo. Selling T-shirts

MADDIE
1) I had dinner with a Congresswoman/General Franks
2) I was a morning DJ on a local radio station that is now owned by Clear Channel
3) I skydived

TIKANIS
1) Jerry Garcia once threw up on to my shoe
2) I did a back pack survival trip for 3 weeks in Colorado
3) both of my children have references to Elvis in their names

BESH
1. Ran in the Boston Marathon
2. Competed in a wet tee shirt contest
3. Worked as a mall Easter Bunny

MARCI
1 - I once shaved my head as a form of rebellion.
2 - I have never watched a Star Wars movie.
3 - I once ate a whole jar of pickles in one sitting

PATTI
1. Won backstage pass to a Kenny G concert & got his autograph.
2. Did barrel racing in rodeos in TX.
3. Attended a barbeque on the set of Dallas.

SUZANNE
1. had dinner with Julia Child
2. I am a certified scuba and ice diver
3. Former Sec. of State, Madeleine Albright is my aunt

RAEANNE
1. I saw a UFO
2. I wrote manuals for Mayor Koch (NYC)
3. I survived a skyscraper fire

GRETCHEN
1. I once worked for Regis Philbin
2. I was arrested for Nude Sunbathing
3. Rode a horse along the Pacific Trail from Mexico to Oregon

JEN
1. I was high school homecoming queen.
2. I make and drink my own wine.
3. I ran away and got married.

DAVE:
1. Dated a mafia "princess"
2. Tried out for the 1980 Olympic shooting team
3. Delivered Express Mail for President Bush while he was visiting his DMIL in Midland, TX.

Do we have everyone? If so, I suggest putting the name down with a guess next to it.
example: MONICA, #2

o

OK, here are my votes. These were tough. I thought anyone of them could be true for everybody!

DeeMarie #1
BJ #2
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #1
Tikanis #2
Marci #2
Patti #3
Suzanne #2
Raeanne #2
Gretchen #3
Jen #1
Dave #3

Good luck to all the players!

Besh

o

I wrote explanations to each one yesterday and saved it in word, but I don't want to give anyone extra info LOL, so I will write them tomorrow.

DeeMarie #2
BJ #3
Magickitty #1
Maddie #2
Tikanis #3
Besh #2
Marci #1
Patti #2
Suzanne #2
Raeanne ????That's for you to decide
Gretchen #1
Jen #3
Dave #1

Well there's my answers and I'm sticking to them, can't wait for the big reveal tomorrow LOL.

Besh & BJ - thanks for the gift ideas, that was very helpful and I can use all the help I can get right now.

I nearly had a meltdown yesterday, as I realized how little time I have left before Christmas. I got a lot of my artwork back up on the walls. I am going to buy a poinsettia today and put my candles in the windows and that will be the extent of decorating for me, aside from my tree.

o

Good Morning All,

Here are my answers:

DeeMarie - #3
BJ -#3
MagicK -#2
Maddie -#3
Tikanis -#1
Besh -#1
Marci -#1
Patti -#2
Suzanne - hmmmmmmmmm
Raeanne-#2
Gretchen#2
Jen -#3
Dave -#1

I can't wait for the answers either!

On a sad note, my elder goat, Fred had some kind of serious siezure last night. He fell to his side and struggled, eyes rolled back, neck extended and feet stiff and straight, for about 1/2 an hour then was able to get up on his own. It was really frightening. He was a bit unsteady but walked down to the barn on his own where he was woozy. This morning he was tucked into his stall because it was only 10 degrees so I didn't get to see him move around. I am waiting for the vet to call but I fear that I may have to put him down. I am trying to be positive about it and I want what's best for him. I just hope that it's something we can fix. Still, he is an old goat. Send positive thoughts his way. I hope he is outside in the sun where he loves to be right now.

o

((((HUGS, NHSuzanne)))) I hope Fred comes around today.

The Game:

DeeMarie: 2
BJ: 4
MagicKitty: 3
Maddie: 2
Tikanas: 2
Besh: 1
Marci: 3
Patti: 3
Suzanne: 2, BTW, if Madeleline Albright IS your aunt, you better bring her to our retreat in April!!!!
Raeanne: 1
Gretchen: 3
Jen: 1
Dave: 2

Bye for now!

o

Strange -- this really worked!!!

YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE. This is pretty neat.

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

It takes less than a minute....... Work this out as you read.
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

Go ahead

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would
like to have chocolate. (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (Just to be bold)

3. Add 5. (for Sunday)

4. Multiply it by 50. I'll wait while you get the
calculator...........

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1754....
If you haven't, add 1753 ......

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born

You should have a three digit number ......

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many
times you want to have chocolate each week)

The next two numbers are .

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2004) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT

AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

o

NH Suzanne~I'm sorry to hear about Fred & will be sending positive thoughts his way. I know how dear he is to you.

DeeMarie #1

BJ #1

MAGICKITTY #3

MADDIE #2

TIKANIS #2

BESH #3

MARCI #3

PATTI

SUZANNE #2

RAEANNE #2

GRETCHEN #1

JEN #1

DAVE:
Too much fun. LOL

Gretchen~Dave swears that you were arrested for nude sunbathing. ROFL

Dave's Guesses:

DeeMarie #1

BJ #3

Magic Kitty #1

Maddie #2

Tikanis #2

Besh #3

Marci #2

NH Suzanne #2

Raeanne #2

Gretchen #2

Jen #1

Shout out to everyone! I hope everybody stops by today! Patti :)

o

the game:

DeeMarie - 3
BJ - 2
Maddie - 2
Tikanis - 1
Besh - 2
Patti - 3
Suzanne - 2
Raeanne - 3
Gretchen - 1
Jen - 2
Dave - 2

o

DeeMarie ????
BJ I already know this one; taking myself out
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #2
Tikanis #2
Marci # 3
Patti # 3
Suzanne #1 (I want to meet #3 also!!)
Raeanne #3 (not sure about that Ed Koch thing 'how my doin'?????? LOL)
Gretchen # 2
Jen # 1
Dave # 3

o

DeeMarie #1
BJ #2
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #3
Tikanis #2
Marci # 3
Patti # 3
Suzanne #1
Raeanne #2
Gretchen **** I know LOLOLOL
Jen # 1
Dave # 3

o

DeeMarie #1
BJ #2
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #1
Tikanis #3
Marci
Besh - #3
Patti # 1
Suzanne #3
Raeanne #2
Gretchen #3
Jen # 3
Dave # 3

We made it through our dress rehearsal today without anyone falling off the stage. So I consider it a success! LOL I am counting down the days until Christmas break though.

Gretchen - The item I ordered still not arrive today. If it isn't here tomorrow, I am going to mail the rest of the package without it and I will just mail the backordered present later. If I had known this item was on backorder, I would have picked something else to. :~(

Our Stitch 'N B*tch got together for our annual Christmas dinner last night. It was snowing when we came out of the restaurant. Big, fluffy flakes of snow! It was beautiful and a perfect ending to a perfect night.

I didn't get a good night's sleep, so I am going to close my eyes for a half hour before I start dinner. Can't wait to see our true selves revealed tomorrow.

Marci

o

HEY, Gretchen and Dee you left my name out of your guesses!

This is so funny how everyone thinks so differently. BJ thanks for mentioning it and Dee thanks for starting it.

Besh

o

OK--my guesses are:

DeeMarie #1
BJ #2
MagicKitty #1 (hope it's # 3 'cause I want the details!!)
Tikanis #3
Besh # 2 :):)
Marci #3
Patti #1
Suzanne #3
Raeanne #1 (yeah, my sticky chicken!)
Gretchen #2
Jen #3
Dave #3

Gosh--these are a riot!!! I can hardly wait for the answers! I think we all should give the story behind each of the right answers. (I have a story about one of my wrong ones, too.)

Gret--Norton is just to cute--I love pugs anyways, and he looks like one I could just hugs on for hours--:):)

Well, the show was a spectacular success--unreal. It's due to the popularity of brooches right now, but I'll take it anyway I can get it! I threw the money in the middle of the LR floor and just sat and giggled!! :):) Our website is getting more traffic, and we're about ready to send out the first newsletter. I'm OK with it--we're having a difference of opinion as to the content, but I think I'll wear him down eventually. I'm also thinking that we are going to get into tiaras and the like. Wedding jewelry, also. We'll see. Should be an interesting year!

On a sad note, ol' QT's mom died Friday after a battle with cancer. (For those who haven't heard of my epic fights with this former co-worker that I call QT, we wroked together for years, and during that time, she lost 65 pounds on WW, and dragged all of our faces through it, told us we were fat, called me a b!tch in the hallway at work on day, etc... We've had some memorable fights, but we both got tired, and actually called a truce a year or so ago. Abnd we were able to work together.(Oh, and the "QT"?? It's for Queen Tiny, and if I remember correctly, it came from Dee or BJ.) I went to the funeral service on Monday, and ran into my old bosses. I never acknowledged their presense, and they had the good sense to leave me alone. (And no, I would have been cordial, but seethed inside.)

The weather here is in the 20s, and we may see snow this weekend. I talked to my friend in TX, and she said it was cold there too, so I had to rub it in her face--heehee! (My bestest GF, and I miss her terribly!)

Any word from Amy? Joanne? John??

Hugs,

Maddie

o

Oh this is fun!!

Here's my picks....

DeeMarie #1
BJ #1 Lynn #1
Maddie #2
Besh #3
Marci #2
Patti #3
Suzanne #3
Raeanne #2
Gretchen #1
Jen #1
Dave #2

I am DYING to hear the answers!

Up to my eyeballs working on next semester's homeschool curriculum and Christmas stuff...

Tikanas

o

Whoops....Sorry Besh!

BESH #3

o

Sorry, Besh.....here are my corrected guesses!

DeeMarie ????
BJ I already know this one; taking myself out
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #2
Tikanis #2
Besh #2 (Besh, you go girl with that wet t-shirt! LOL)
Marci # 3
Patti # 3
Suzanne #1 (I want to meet #3 also!!)
Raeanne #3 (not sure about that Ed Koch thing 'how my doin'?????? LOL)
Gretchen # 2
Jen # 1
Dave # 3

o

Maddie, I think it was BJ who gave QT her name. I had a different name for her, and I'm not sure Spike would let me share it without sending me to Disney!

GAME NEWS: Let's get all our guesses in today, so that tomorrow we can post our answers. (Monday is when we open our swap packages, correct?) I want the winner to start on that book, as I will need the $$$$ royalities in 2005 to pay for more vacations! LOL

o

Who hasn't posted their guesses? It seems like everyone is in or am I wrong?

o

I don't think Jen posted her answers yet.

Maddie - that was very nice of you to pay your respects and take the high road (as you always do).

Joanne - I hope you got your package by now - let me know - it was shipped on 12/3.

I did my water aerobics this morning and picked up more mail to add to the pile from last week. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet - hope nothing too important LOL.

That game has been a lot of fun and it gets everyone to make an appearance, we have to do that more often. Thanks BJ.

I am still trying to arrange my furniture and artwork - taking way too long. My goal today is to get my candles in the windows and finish my shopping.

Had art class last night and am working on an angel - it is actually coming out well - everyone thinks I am so brave to do a figure - but I think I'm just too stupid to know better LOL.

So tomorrow I will post my lie, can't wait to see everyone's answers.

o

I think we have a disconnect....Supposed to be 2 LIES and 1 TRUTH.....we are supposed to guess the 1 TRUTH!

Did I get it wrong, or all of you? Not sure now...LMAO!!

o

I posted 2 lies and 1 truth.

Gotta fly!

o

Uh oh, I posted one lie and two truths!! NOW WHAT????

o

Ha ha!

So some people guessed the lie and some people guessed the truth.

Interesting....yeah, now what?

o

I ALWAYS do things backwards!!! ROFLMAO

o

You guys are TOO funny!! I posted 2 lies and 1 truth...
What do we do now? ROFL...Suzanne!!!

Maddie, way to go... The high road indeed!

DeeMarie, I am going on your next vacation! You don't get any royalties!

Trying desparately to finish homeschool curriculum this AM. I am tired of all the research etc. I could use a favor from you all if you have a chance... I posted on the conversations area of the Cooking Forum. The post was "Calling all teachers". Check it out and see if you can help me. This next semester's curriculum has been the most difficult to put together...

1 week prednisone free now!! Hurray!! On day 4 of a 7 day all juice fast to clean out the gunk from my body. That prednisone is NASTY stuff and wreaks havoc on the whole body. I am down 4 lbs.

Off to go Christmas shopping now!!Back later to check out how will handle our contest!

Be strong and be well!

Tikanas

o

2 Truths, 1 Lie here ROFLMAO - just leave it to this group to make it a bit more interesting.

o
more

now, I understand how we had such varied guesses. Should the one's that did it wrong just post new lies and truth? I was going through Margarita withdrawal, what is everyone elses excuse LOL???

o

Haha - I posted 2 lies and 1 truth and my guesses were for each person's truth. The teacher in me knows how to follow directions!! LOL

Gretchen - We have liftoff! The backordered item came today and your package is on it's way. The post office said it should be there on Monday, Tuesday at the latest. Keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it. Once you open everything, I will tell you which item I was waiting for.

DeeMarie - I guess you'll let us know what we are doing about the game. (I think those who didn't follow directions, should go in time out! LOL)

Gotta get something started for dinner,
Marci

o

Well, I posted 2 lies & 1 truth but I thank those who did it the other way around b/c now I have better odds of getting at least one of them! ROFLMBO

Tikanas~I'll give you a call & you can talk to me about what you are looking for if that is all right?

Raeanne~I'm not certain if Joanne is back from FL yet.

Maddie~I am so excited for you. I'm glad that you took the high road too. Sorry about QT's loss though.

Marci~I wish that we had a stith & b!tch club around here. There is already enough b!tching going around. ROFL I'd like to take an hour or two to stich without letting myself get sucked in to the tv.

I'm excited to see what everyone gets for this year's Christmas exchange! Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

o
RE: SS Support - Mon Dec :)13th through Sun Dec 19th

Maddie~One more thing, I loved the remark about the sticky chicken. Good one!

Patti :)

o

I posted 2 lies and 1 truth and guessed everybody's truth. LOL This is too funny!

Besh

o

ATTENTION:

1) OK, if you answered based on LIES, please go again.

2) Then, please change your own lies/truth to 2 LIES, 1 TRUTH!

3) We all then have the option to change those who did not follow directions (Raeanne!)

4) This game could go on to February 2005!

Still LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Looks like it's me and Suzanne

Here are my 2 Lies and 1 Truth:

1. I wear contacts
2. I auditioned for Wheel of Fortune
3. I took a 5 week camping trip across country

Now, I will come back later and redo my answers DUHHHHH

o

Would it be easier to just pick the lie for me and Suzanne instead of the truth? IF SO IGNORE MY NEW POST. Then the entire thing wouldn't have to be redone. Let us know what everyone thinks and then I will have to pick new answers.

o

I am sorry that I messed this game up but it's too funny anyway.

2 lies and 1 truth

I have had a breast reduction
I drive a motorcycle
I was born in a 1955 T-Bird

Will have to go back and guess the truths now. To be continued.

oy vey!
-

o

I am sorry too, but I LOVE Suzanne's new answers LOL. I wasn't in a very creative mood, when I did mine. I will redo my answers to everyone and post them later.

o

I like Raeanne's idea better. I hate my new post!!! This is SO fun(ny)!!

LOL,LOL

o

Raeanne & NH Suzanne~It's like you are having your own little party here. ROFLMBO What shall we do? I'm always with whatever the rest of you want to do about it. LOL Dave is the impatient one--he wants to find out NOW! Ha! Ha! He got me up to get on here & start seeing what the truth was.

Shout out to everyone & I'll be checking later. Patti :)

o

okay, okay here I go again. The truth shall set me free!! LOL Of course I want to revisit Raeanne's and my original answers later as we have revealed much more of ourselves!

THE TRUTH:
DeeMarie 1
BJ-2
MagicKitty-1
Maddie-2
TIkanis-2
Besh-3
Marci-3
Patti-1
Gretchen-3
Jen-1
Dave-3
Raeanne-1

Come one Raeanne, it's your turn.

o

Hey All,

My guesses:

DeeMarie #1
BJ #3
MagicKitty #1
Maddie #2
Tikanis #2
Besh #3
Marci #2
Patti #2
Suzanne #2
Raeanne #2
Jen ???????
Gretchen #3
Dave #3

Hope everyone is doing well. We take Tara back to the doctor today for her 15 month check, We were also supposed to have a checkup with her ENT doctor, but they rescheduled us till next Wednesday.

Gretchen, I got your package and can't wait to open it.

Jen

o

I need a decoder ring for Christmas to figure out how we're going to get this game straightened out again.

Maddie~ I wasn't the one who named QT either! Maybe Happyto did. She was clever like that. I received your package yesteray. My kids and I are dying to open it!

Lynn - The post office person said your package should get there by Monday or Tuesday.

Jen~ Good luck with the girls' check ups. BTW, the Christmas pics are so darling!

All for now.

o

Jen, forgot to mention that I got your package yesterday and can't wait to open it!

Everyone has to reguess my and Raeanne's Lies and truth. We both sumbitted them so now we are waiting for Raeanne's guesse.

o

BJ - could I borrow your decoder ring when you are done LOL.

I think these are all the TRUE answers. Based on the new answers provided by Suzanne and myself. I think that everyone else should post another truth, since we revealed more about ourselves than we should've hehehe.

DeeMarie #3
BJ #2
MAGICKITTY #3
MADDIE #3
TIKANIS #2
BESH #3
MARCI #2
PATTI #3
Suzanne #2
Raeanne - I'm not sure anymore what the truth is.
Gretchen #3
JEN #1
DAVE #3

o

Raeanne: I'd like to buy a vowel and guess #2 for Raeanne.

Hmmmm... NHSuzanne: I'll say #1, but with hesitation. I forgot which of us are scared of going under the knife!

Well, this morning, I got up and made churros dipped in chocolate for the high school Spanish class. It was pretty fun! I love the process and any time I get to use a pastry bag is a good day! Now, I'm fixing to make latkes and a dish of pasta shells for the 3rd grade celebration. I also made a chocolate torte for dessert. It's the recipe from my old restaurant, so I can "whip it good". Yesterday, I made a chocolate torte surrounded with pistachios and chocolate wafers for the Junior High staff appreciation day. It was a hit!

After the school parties, I am headed out to the local Fred Meyer to man the gift wrap booth for the food bank. My 12 yo DD and I are working 16 hours between Sat and Sun this weekend, wrapping presents for donations for the food bank. I'l pretty much be holiday-ed out by then!

Tikanas: Alton Brown is an excellent instructor for cooking class. he used to be a scientist, then attended culinary school. His books are not as much fun as his TV lessons! You can buy the DVDs and video or visit the library in the closest large city and get them. Anyway, if your son decides he like food and wants to learn about the restaurant biz, I have a couple or three good books on that subject!

I have to go to the post office today again....I'm dreading it. How long will teh line be TODAY? I can only imagine.

All for now!

o

OH I am sooooo confused!! LOLOLOL

I guessed the truths!

My new guesses for Raeanne and Suzanne are both #2!

Marci: I will keep my eyes peeled

Jen: Glad it got there!

o

My guesses for Raeanne and Suzanne are both #3.

I think Raeanne and Suzanne have been dipping into the eggnog!! LOL

DS left to go bring DD home from school. I am going to spend the evening wrapping thier presents and listening to Christmas music. Tomorrow I will bake one or two kinds of cookies and make some spiced nuts. We have parties Monday and Tuesday and then I can start my Christmas break. Did I say yet that I NEED A BREAK!!??

DeeMarie - Give us the word and we will reveal our truths.
Raeanne and Suzanne have lots of 'splainin to do!!! LOL

Later,
Marci

o

Raeanne #1
Suzanne #3

I'm baking cookies all day tomorrow. All my wrapping is done! I can't believe how organized I am this year. This never happens!

Have a great night. DH and I are on a bowling league. Tonight we bowl!

Love, Besh

o

I am so ready to spill!

o

This is funny. I gave 2 lies and a truth. So I'm ok with it and I am sticking to my answers.

DeeMarie - did you get your package yet?

Magickitty

o

This is really funny and the anticipation is killing me!! When do we get to reveal? Who is running this thing? DeeMarie??

o

Suzanne - I received your e-mail yesterday, but as usual didn't follow directions and just replied to it. If you didn't receive it, let me know I will send to your office address.

o

I got it thanks. It's quiet here today. Must have something to do with Christmas. Ya think!!

I just finished making my annual homeade food gift for my family. I made a chutney that we call Overlooked Farm Chutney, (that's our farm), and I made chutney cheese balls that I will give each one along with a jar of the chutney and my recipe for the cheese ball. If I have the energy, I will shop next week for some pretty cutting board to make a nice presentation.

Right now I am going to go decorate the chutney jars.

Stop in and say hello.

I cannot wait to reveal the truths on both my entries!! Raeanne, how about you??

o

OK, I will print out the answers and now you can reveal the truth.

Raeanne #1
Suzanne #1

Magickitty, no package here yet.

o

OPh my.

I go away for a couple of days, and Raeanne and Suzanne start the French Lick party without me! LOL!

For everyone's infomation, all 3 of mine are the truths! (JK!!!LMAO!)

I guess Suzanne is # 3
Raeanne is # 2

Well, it is a quiet Saturday night here. Rog went to bed early, and I'm watching Flashdance, and thinking OMG--did I ever really wear torn sweatshirts?? (yep.) I think that's why I love to watch old(er) movies--for just a second, I am back to an age where there wasn't any major problems, and I still believed all people were good, and the whole world was open for the taking. :):)

OK--advice needed--mom keeps wanting me to come over and watch some 2+ hours, B&W, 1940 movie with who-knows in it (I've never heard of them). At the risk of sounding like a cold-hearted @#!^%, I have NO (none, el zilcho, nada) desire to do this--heck, I don't even have the time to watch what I actually want to watch, much less this thing. Now, I know how important spending time with her and dad is, and I enjoy just sitting around yapping, but our choices of movies are a complete 180. The last time I got coerced into this, I pr@yed to die of boredom, and then fell asleep. It was a truly aweful movie, and part of me resents being guilted into this. We're fixing Christmas dinner for Christmas Eve to take over, before we go to Midnight services, and mom brought up this d@mned movie again. Gawd, I'll watch it, but I'd rather be sh0t--any suggestions? (I really am not being cold, I would just rather sit around and talk--and she knows this.)

Anyhoo--hope this finds everone well! When are we going to reveal the truths?

Hugs,

Maddie

PS--Suzanne, I got your package yesterday, but I couldn't get my x-ray glasses to work! Darn piece of cr@p!! LMAO!!

o

Hello,

Just crawling out of bed. Wow it felt good to sleep this late! We went to a holiday party last night and I was up way beyond my bedtime.

Maddie, you asked for the truth in your situation, right? Well here goes. Watch the movie. I know that you have a busy life and I know that you have no interest in the movie, but it is only 2 hours. Someday when Mom is gone will you have regrets and say to yourself, "I should have taken the time and watched that d*mn movie with her". I speak from experience. My Dad has been gone for 12 years now and I still miss him so much, especially this time of the year. When I hear of people arguing with their parents or not wanting to be with their parents (and I know there are alot of factors that go in to those decisions at times) it makes me crazy and envious at the same time. I know that you have a good relationship with your Mom, so do what she wants to do. She obviously just wants to be with you. I don't think you will ever have any regrets about doing it. (((HUGS)))

Can't wait for these answers. I thought about doing all truths too, or all lies!

Have a great day.

Love, Besh

o

Maddie: I totally agree with Besh. If you must, consider it "donating" 2 hours of time to your Mom. Do it for her AND for you. While you're watching the movie, take a peek at your mom and see how much fun she's having. She gets to watch one of her favorite movies with one of her favorite people. Bring her a couch-sized blankie and a box of tea. Snuggle in with an open mind. Ask her about the stars of her time; what they were like, what ones she adored, and what kinds of fashion were her passion. Have fun. You may get some jewelry ideas out of it!

Regarding the feeling of resentment you have: examine it carefully. There may be a hidden power struggle deep within the relationship you have with your mom. A quote from Brian Andreas may carry some truth here:

"If you hold on to the handle, she said, it's easier to maintain the illusion of control. But it's more fun if you just let the wind carry you."

Maddie, I love you and I can feel the fight you're having inside with yourself about this. It's two hours out of a WHOLE YEAR. Just do it! ---with a smile and one of your wonderful giggles. Love you!

o

Maddie - I feel like it might be the best gift you could give your mom if you went to watch the movie with her. But, I love old movies and would use any excuse to watch one - so I may not be the best one to ask LOL. Time is precious, but it may feel good to put your feet up for 2 hours. I would never call you cold hearted and would never judge anything you do or don't do. Hope you can come to peace with whatever decision you make.

BJ - I think that is my favorite Andreas quote.

I am watching Christimas in Connecticut right now, while I put my candles in the windows, etc. Trying to capture the spirit.

o

Maddie - guess what I'm having for dinner tonight??? Roasted Sticky Chicken and of course I'm thinking of you.

o

Thanks ladies--I had come to that decision, but I just wanted to hear other's opinion, and vent a bit. Beege--I love the quote--what's it from? You know, I think the 'resentment' bit (and I believe I used an inaccurate word, but that's the closest I could find), comes from the fact that I am so afraid to lose them. I've already been through that with my "real" parents, and I see it coming again. I know that the pain of losing someone is equal to the joy of loving them--I think I'm just scared.

But you all right (as usual), and I will watch it, and appreicate the fact that I still do have them! :):)

((((((((((love and hugs!!!!!))))))))

Maddie

PS--Raeanne, I would have sent you my stapler if I had known!! LMAO!!

o

Maddie - BJ's quote is from the link below. My DD turned me onto them when she was in college and come to find out the artist is BJ's favorite.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Story People

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here