Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
50 pounds! The milestone!

Posted by BarnMom (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 04 at 19:52

I have lost 50 pounds since last January! I lost the equivalent of an entire 3th grade child! I still have 25 to go but 50 seems amazing.

BarnMom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 50 pounds! The milestone!

CONGRATULATIONS, BarnMom!!! You should be so proud of yourself. Keep doing what you're doing and that last 25 lbs will be gone before you know it.

Keep us posted on your progress. You are an inspiration to us all.

Pam.

o

BarnMom~What are you doing to lose the weight? Congratulations! You are well on your way!

o

CONGRATULATIONS!

You stay with it, gal!

50 pounds is amazing! Nothing can stop you now! YAY!

Go to a pet store and lift a 50 pound bag of dog food if you want a real ego boost! That's how much you've lost!!!!!

You are so close to the goal!---over halfway there!

Thanks for inspiring us!

o

good for you!!! i have been on atkins since the end of may and have also lost 50 pounds. i feel and look better than i have in a long time. keep up the good work.

anette

o

I am doing it the old fashioned way, eating less, exercising more. I am not following a specific plan but have cut out the things I know are bad, red meat, fried foods, butter, pastries, candy, etc. I eat fruit, salads, cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, chicken breasts. I do treat myself occasionally to a piece of candy or a cookie but not daily.

I don't have the patience to count anything, calories or carbs. I hated WW meetings. I couldn't take Jenny Craig food. So the only option left was to figure out how to make it work for myself on my own.

I walk an hour a day, up a hill if I can find one. I do 30-45 minutes of light weigh training, squats and crunches. I take an occasional day off if I a really tired or really busy. I don't go to a gym. I think taking some classes at a gym or getting some training advice might step up my progress but can't find a place to fit it in yet.

I eat 5 times a day, meals and 2 snacks. I keep the snack at about 100 calories and try to make it protein to keep my blood sugar steady. I take vitamin supplements and drink green tea.

o

Your diet sounds very sane. Thanks for posting as an inspiration for the rest of us. Keep up the great work!

o

Congratulations and best wishes for the future....I'm sure with the way you are headed, the 25 pounds you have left will be gone by this time next year!!

Stay healthy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here