Betty - Weight 153, lost 1, total lost 27

My results for this week
Weight 189, lost 2, total lost 86
Avg. Calories per day - Food 1936, exercise 337, steps 13055

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weekly Weigh-in, Week of 11/15/09

Way to go, Harold.

I hope to be able to report a loss on Wednesday. My calories have been cut this week due to a flare up of diverticulosis. It is almost gone now, so hope to eat normally again to-morrow.

o

Grrr.... I think I need a new scale. The one I have says 135 sometimes and 145 other times. The problem is, it's all in how I "shift" my weight when I'm standing on it.

Soooo. I don't think I've lost any. But need a new scale. Maybe I can pick one up tonight...

Been riding my bike for one hour three times a week (with DD, weight 42lbs, behind in a trailer) and doing a lot of yardwork. Keeping the calories around 1300.

Halloween was hard. And here comes Thanksgiving!!!!

Here's to a healthy, happy week!

o

I'm happy to report that I have lost 1 more pound . I now weigh 165. As I had diverticulosis problems this past week and had to eat differently, which also cut my calories, I thought it might have been more. On the other hand I exercised much less as well.
ivamae

o

Wow,,,, it's quiet in here!! I've been doing a lot of yardwork, not sure how many calories I'm burning but judging by how hungry I am... a LOT!!

I've discovered spaghetti squash as a filler. It's so quick and easy! Last night I made a beautiful pork and 10 bean soup that would have been 300 calories, easy. I did one cup of squash at 42 calories and covered it with one cup of broth 20 calories and 1/2 cup of the meat/veg/bean from the soup at 100 calories. Total calories: approx. 160.

Totally filling... was very satisfied, and still had calories left over to have popcorn with dd :)

o

HI All

I was 131.4 yesterday morning. You all seemed to have a good week too. Catch u later ...
Jasmi

o

Silver,

Yes, it has been slow around here. Eklektos hasn't been around for a couple of weeks. Helen has disappeared. But, I'm not going anywhere.

The good thing about having a scale like yours is you can keep jumping on and off until you get a reading that you like.

Glad to hear you have a bike now, and it looks like you are getting lots of exercise.

I've been going to the company fitness center two or three days a week, mainly to lift weights. I'm still walking the dog a couple of times a day, as my main exercise, but I got a stopwatch and time myself over a measured course. This is a way to speed up the pace a little bit since I tend to walk pretty slow.

I'll have to try that spaghetti squash one of these days.

Ivamae and Jasmi, congrats on the weight loss.

o

Harold, I love to eat. And to get "full". So having a really low cal, healthy "filler" to add to meals really helps me.
Just cut it open lengthwise, scoop the seeds, put in microwave safe dish with one inch water, cover with saran wrap and steam for 8-10 minutes. Then scrape out with a fork to get the 'spaghetti' strands and serve.

No kidding about the scale!!! I think I've lost a pound though. My clothes feel better.

Timing yourself is great. I do that so I make sure I go for an hour, but I never considered doing it for speed reasons. Dragging my kid's weight up hills at .00001 mph is hard enough!! LOL.

Ivamae and Jasmi... WAY TO GO!!! You ROCK!

o

Hi Silver
Yes , this place has been very calm these days.:-))))
Its motivating to know you are working out in these cold days too. The only thing I am doing as a work out is walking from the parking lot to the building I work:-)))))
Thats why I am still hanging in 130s. I have to get down to 129 this month.
Somehow I end up eating 1400 calories /day and that is not helping me .

o

Cold!!! 63 degrees is cold? Wow. Sounds perfect to me.

Hey, Jasmi. My Indian friend brought me a samosa his wife had made. Very tasty. Probably not the best for being on a diet, but yummy. I think I might try making some.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here