Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I realized I am F-A-T !

Posted by goldenpond (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 10, 08 at 11:54

Hi I just came upon your forum while searching for help.I have suffered up and down weight problems but this is the worst. My heritage is Russian and I am so afraid Ill be a live 5x5 nesting doll one day!
I weigh more than when pregnant and I had Toxemia!I do a good job of hiding it(in my mind anyway) I am not 200 pounds yet but between thyroid, menopause,stress(Im a caregiver)etc. I am losing the battle of the bulge.
Anyway I sure hope to get some ideas from you all!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I realized I am F-A-T !

Welcome to our merry gang!

We are in this together and here to help each other. I am so glad to meet you.

I am from Ottawa, Canada - been a part of GardenWeb originally from the beginning back in 1998. I started my new lifestyle journey 3 years ago and take everything in small chunks. I am 5'3" and 45 - any extra weight shows up on my size quickly. I am still not at my goal but at least finally in a healthy zone. I got scared when I had my first major back spasm and my hip started to grind when gardening. Anything that interferes with my gardening is serious business! LOL

So, you are here. (((((((((((((Hugs to you)))))))))))
Don't worry anymore - you are in great hands. Feel free to join our merry gang at the 'Daily Support' thread. Right now we are recovering from a rough summer (many family issues) so if we seem to be blabbing about everything else it's because we are just getting back on track right now. We are all doing 'our own thing' for our health/weight loss journey and supporting each other along the way.

I found a terrific free site which gives you diet advice, more forums, recipes, coaching - very similar to the Weight Watchers online site (I paid for that before) and weight tracking - all FREE with NO catches. The link is below for you to check this out.

Goldenpond you have arrived at a wonderful place. I'm so glad to meet you. Please feel free to join us.

Cheers,
Peggy

Here is a link that might be useful: Sparkpeople

o

Hi Goldenpond,

I am hypothyroid, stressed, and at the age of menopause. I love coming to the SS Daily Support to talk to the gals, and just share the day.

Some us lose, some of us don't. We go forward, get motivated, fall down, and get back up again.

The support over there is fantastic. Come join in!

o

Thanks for the welcome.
mcpeg I am an avid gardener as you may have read my page and back and neck problems I can sure relate too!
wildchicken do you have chickens? I have sweet pet ducks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here