SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nurse1187

I need some support!!!

nurse1187
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

My name is Sara. I am a single mom that is always on the go. I work with a Community Support agency where I take mentally challenged or lower functioning individuals into the community to become more involved. My little girl will be 2 in January. Also, I am in the pre-practical nursing program at our local college. Stress, stress, and more stress. In high school I was very big. I got up to about 240 lbs. I grew up in a meat and potatoes kind of family.

My junior year of HS I moved with my sister to a town nearby. I decided that if I was going to move and make that big of a change then I was going to change everything. So, I started working out everyday and eating nothing but...fish, chicken or turkey, brown rice, whole wheat or multi-grain bread, lots of fruits and veggies, and tons of water. My goal weight was 150, I got down to 137. I loved the way I felt and looked for the first time in my life. But, then I found out I was pregnant...long story short I now weigh 120. The weight I gained from my pregnancy isn't the problem. It's the junk I eat to keep up with my life. Fast food is not my friend but I like the way it makes me feel. Also, slim jims, any convenient store grab-n-go kind of food, and RANCH DRESSING. I put ranch on everything. I joke about my weight, but honestly I am very self conscience. I don't really have the support team I need. I love to work out once I get started, but that is the problem getting started and having the time. So, if anyone can offer me any advice (besides "Just stop eating that junk.") it would be great. What I need more than anything is support and understanding that it is not easy to quit eating the things I have been. I also want to set a good example for my daughter. I dread the day she realizes her momma is fat. I know this has been a really long post but I wanted my situation to be understood. Thank you so much.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor