Return to the Diet Club Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daily Support, Mon. Nov. 23rd thru Sun. Nov. 29th

Posted by nhsuzanne (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 23, 09 at 8:57

Good Monday all,

Hope you had a great weekend. The weather here could not have been better. I spent every moment I could outside! Lovely.

Stop in and say hello today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support, Mon. Nov. 23rd thru Sun. Nov. 29th

Good morning, Suzanne! It's warming up here already and still foggy. Glad you had a good weekend!

I've just baked 2 chocolate chess pies to take with me tomorrow, and very soon I need to get ready to go to my chiropractor appointment, then some shopping before heading to another town to donate double-reds at the blood center. My laundry is done, so after I finish wrapping a few more gifts to take with me, I'll be ready to pack and load my car this evening for an early departure in the morning. I haven't seen my oldest Dson and his wife in a while, so I'm excited. Also, her parents will be there, as well as my kids from Beaumont. I think we're going to have a lovely Thanksgiving week. I get to see my sister, maybe my nieces, and some cousins while up there, too.

Wishing everyone a beautiful day!

o

Good morning!

Weather has been overcast since Friday afternoon here, but sunshine is on the way.

Good weekend for us - our favorite football teams won (Ole Miss and the Saints!)

Anyone watch the AMA's last night? Kind of speechless, all I can say is, thank goodness for Keith Urban!

Enjoy the day.

o

Good Mornin'!

Suzanne, I hope your B-day weekend was wonderful! Glad that the weather cooperated.

Milkdud, I can feel your excitement! I can hardly WAIT till Thursday!I hope you have a great time.

Jan, all is right with the world when our favorite teams win. I missed the AMAs. Do tell....

Well, all weekend I have been gallantly fighting the EVIL Forces (who demand completed paperwork in exchange for a paycheck.) Swift sword (pen) in hand, complex armaments of battle (fax machine) nearby, trusty apprentice (DS) at my side, we have fearlessly taken the mountain (pile of paperwork) and conquered the DEMONS (billing deadlines) that threatened to destroy us (uh, slow the cash flow...)

Didn't I just buy a new bike??? Haven't had time to touch it. Short week with 5 days off, I am fearless! Ha ha!

Take no prisoners!

Tikanis

o

Happy TURKEY Week!

I've been working from home and still got side-tracked by staff who saw me online. A girl can't get a break here!

We are heading to south Jersey for Thanksgiving with my family. Should be a nice time; hopefully the weather will cooperate. My MIL was not pleased; she told DH "why won't you spend Thanksgiving with us?". We live around the corner from DBIL and about 8 miles from her; DH sees her for dinner every Wednesday night. DH is actually quite happy to have a holiday or two with my family, as MIL can be a handful at times. ;-p

Had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and he said I lost "a couple of pounds". WOW, that was a shock. I was convinced I had gained, but I'm trying to choose low fat and high fiber foods, so perhaps we are seeing small changes. That's good news.

Amy, please keep checking in; it's so good to see you here.

Hello to all our MIAs.....Marci, BJ, Gretchen, Jen, Besh, John, Patti, Dave....miss you.

Make this week count!
Dee

o

Hi Guys!

Well, Monday brings another diet for me! I am SOOOO tired of my lack of willpower. Tired of being THIS size...trying to hang in there. whine, whine, whine...

Sounds like everyone is busy, BUSY!

I spent the weekend making a guest bedroom for my college DDs. Thanks heaven for power tools!!!! DDs arrived last night and they loved the room.

Things are so easy when they're here. Today, they are doing all the grocery shopping for the holiday and they are being prep-cooks for dinner tonight. LOVE THIS!

DH is gone from the office tomorrow so I'll get lots done.

See you tomorrow!

o

Good Tuesday all,

BJ, it's good to see you post.

I am sure everyone is starting to be busy with Thanksgiving day stuff! I have all my shopping done so that is huge.

QOD: Do you have an unusual dish that you make at Thanksgiving?

o

Hi!

With the short work week and all, does this make today hump day? : )

DeeMarie, Have fun visiting your family. I hope the weather behaves. Congrats on the "couple of pounds". It feels good to have a LOSS around the holidays, huh?

BJ!! I am glad to see you! Whine away, we've ALL been there.
You'll be back on track in no time, I am sure. When are you coming to CA again??

Suzanne, I have been ordered to make an old family recipe: Greek stuffing, for T-day/ Dysfunctional Family Reunion. It has ground lamb, chestnuts, golden raisins and a cinnamon stick in it. That just doesn't sound like something I want IN the bird, so I am making it on the side. What do you think?

Well tonight is Pie night. My sister hosts an annual pie making party the Tues. before Thanksgiving and tonight is the night. I can hardly wait!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's unusual Thanksgiving dishes....

Have a great day, today!

Tikanis

o

Tikanis, that is really unusual. I would not like it because I passionately dislike lamb. The cinnamon really gives it a middle eastern flair.

The only thing unusual with my family tradition is that I baste my turkey with beer and butter. My mother always did it and I love the extra something savory it gives the gravy. Growing up in the south our stuffing was always made of cornbread. That's about as unusual as we got! I still make dinner the way my mother did.

o

Tikanis and suzanne - I didn't know there was any other kind of dressing, other than cornbread! ha. Just teasing. It is the one I prefer, and my husband makes it (using his dad's recipe.)

Since we're going to join our friends in Florida at their condo, I'm not sure what we'll be eating, but we've made up some seafood gumbo to take for one of the meals. Tonight might be a good night to eat it, so we don't miss Dancing with the Stars and Biggest Loser. (I truly have to get a life!)

Have any of y'all gotten into the tummy slimming/slenderizing jeans/slacks? I had seen where someone (maybe on Oprah) said that one didn't need to spend mega bucks to get the same look. They suggested the Lee Slimming Secret and also Levi 512's. I purchased a black pair and a denim pair of the Levi 512's that were on sale for $34 at Dillard's and so far, love the way they look and feel. Nice and long, flattering. The true test will be after Thursday! Just something to pass along as we go through the holidays.

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

o

Happy Pie Night Tikanas!

Wodka, did not get slimming slacks yet but I hope they have them in my size. I wear a women's short size and not many stores offer them.

Dancing with the Stars........cannot wait. I'm leaving this office by 4pm so that I can get as much of the tree up as possible before I need to start dinner and settle in for the finale-finale. Wish that Kelly had performed a bit better. I though Mya was awful in her free-style, but the judges were very generous with her scores (as usual). They sooooo want her to win it all.

BJ, have a fun week with your girls.

Suzanne, we don't have family traditions anymore, but I miss my mom's stuffing. Can't make it because no one else likes it. She put raisins in her recipe, and it was so good. Maybe I'll make some for myself someday in her memory.

Need some help with buying small gifts for the little ones in DH's family. Eight of them; age range 1-to-7. Nothing big; less than $20 each. I want them to open something when I have my Open House on the 18th. Any help appreciated.

Gotta run!
Dee

o

Hmmmmm...I make a rockin' sweet potato & creamy horseradish dish! Of course, CORNBREAD stuffing!

Kid gift ideas: Deck of cards, Teething toy (1 year old) in grocery baby section, 2 year old (something that makes noise in toy section in grocery store!), 3 & 4 year olds (slinkys), 5 & 6 year olds (drugstore tablet with colored pages and a small washable marker set), 7 year old (something different since they are the oldest!) like a small fuzzy poster to color (drugstore buy).

Tikanas: I don't know when I'll be in Cali again! The economy is so bad and we took a MAJOR bath on real estate and building a house. We're pretty broke right now!

Sounds like everyone is in the MOOD to EAT! lol!

o

Good Wednesday all,

BJ, I like your gift ideas.

I was thinking and what always comes to mind first are books. There is an amazing set of books by Rufus Butler Seder for kids. Really amazing books Swing, Gallop,Waddle, and more. Check them out at link below.

So is everyone ready for the big day? I started last night. Got a couple of dishes done that I can now just reheat and bake. I am well under way! I love Thanksgiving.

How are you coming along on your dinner?

Here is a link that might be useful: Who is Rufus Butler Seder?

o

Thankful for all of you here!

BJ & Suzanne, you are amazing with that list of gift ideas.

Big News! Just would like to announce that we found out last night I am going to be a stepmother of the bride in June. YEAH!! DH's oldest came by to show us her ring. They are planning on a small affair in the dominican republic, then a friend/family party (not a $50,000 Jersey wedding---they want a house!) in late June. DH and I are thrilled.

o

Hi All and Happy Thanksgiving. Sorry I have been MIA, life has been very weird lately. I have been lurking and keeping up with everyone. I know shame on me.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hello. Happy Belated Birthday Suzanne! It sounds like it was a fun night. Dee, congratulations. I really thought you were buying animals as you had stated on FB!!! Tikanis good to see you, Maddie and Amy again. Jan, I saw that Oprah episode. Did you like the $200. jeans that (I can't remember her name) was selling? Crazy. BJ, I feel like I start a "diet" every Monday. Talk about crazy! Hello to everyone else.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

oxBesh

o

Dee - Congratulations! How exciting, that will add to your list of things to be thankful for. I saw card games at Target that were reasonably priced - they even have a version of Monopoly. I bought a bunch to send to my nephew in Iraq, even though they are for kids. They get goofy out in the desert. I sent them a bunch of yo-yo's once. Or what about word find books?

BJ - I wasn't in the mood to eat until I read this thread yummers. Any progress with Baby V's adoptive family? Think of him often.

The most non-traditional thing we have are brussels sprouts that are bathed in oil/butter, garlic, and pancetta until the sprouts are lightly browned, then you add cream to the pan until it thickens. High in calories but so delicious.

Suzanne - I soak cheese cloth in wine and butter and drape over the turkey and then baste the turkey with the rest. It makes a wonderful gravy.

Besh - I also saw that Oprah episode, they should really gear it towards average America - I could never spend $200 on jeans - no matter how good they made me look - well if I looked that good, maybe.

Suzanne - I am anxious to get out of work so I can start preparing some dishes too.

BJ - I never heard of sweet potato and horseradish dish, sounds interesting.

Tikanis - I love the pie party, you do such cool things.

Milkdud - what are chocolate chess pies? I love chocolate pies.

I will try to stop by tommorrow, but in case I don't - Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for each one of you and your wonderful unconditional support.

o

Good Thanksgiving eve, everybody! It's coolish and sunny and really looks nice and autumny (such a word?) here in north Texas today.

I've been out already to have my mammogram and do some shopping. I woke up with a sinus drainage and earache, so I needed some meds quickly. Also picked up a DVD of "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" since oldest Dson doesn't have his own copy, and I had just bought one for youngest Dson.

The most unusual thing we'll be having tomorrow for Thanksgiving is smoked pork shoulder instead of turkey. My oldest Dson and DDIL wanted to do something different.

Dee, congrats on the upcoming nuptials! Do you get to help plan things, or will you be enjoying everything without the stress?

Besh, nice to see you posting! Wishing you a great one!

Chocolate chess pie recipe: 1 square unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup sugar, 1 stick butter, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1 9" frozen pie shell. Melt chocolate with butter, combine rest of ingredients and stir well. Pour into frozen pie shell, and bake at 325 for 30-35 mins, or until pie filling is solid, not shaky! Eat and enjoy!

Jan, unconventional Thanksgiving foods can be fun, too! Enjoy your time with your friends!

Suzanne, you're from the south????????

Raeanne, thanks for the heads up about the games at Target! My son's house is very close to a brand new one, so I'll check it out later today.

Well, I need to do something about my sinuses, so I'll do that before everyone returns from the grocery store. It took 8 people to shop for our dinner tonight, so I have the house to myself at the moment! Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I'm very thankful for all of y'all!

o

Good evening all,

The holiday brings out all the best! Besh, good see you post. I miss you.

Raeanne, and BJ, your dishes sound yummy. Raeanne, I am a huge fan of Brussels sprouts and will try your way with what I don't use tomorrow. I could make a meal of them.

I got out of work at 12:00 - took the time to have my nails and toes done at the local asian salon! It felt good. Came home and finished pies and cranberry sauce. Tomorrow I only have to make dressing, roast turkey, mash potatoes and bake squash! Voila!

Milkdud, yes, I am a native Floridian and my mother is from Oklahoma and grew up in Texas. My father is a cajun french man from Mississippi. Southern roots all around.

I will check in later.

o

Hi!

I am thankful to have been able to finally log on here again and participate with a great group of women.

I am so excited about tomorrow that I can hardly STAND IT!

Milk dud, I hope your earache goes away post haste! I made your corn casserole and it was a big hit! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Smoked pork shoulder sounds yummy....

Dee, congratulations! How exciting! I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Hi Besh! I still wear those cozy slippers that you sent me in an exchange : )

BJ, Sweet potato and horseradish??? PLEASE share that recipe.

Jan, there is no way I'd spend $200 on jeans; don't care if they are made with spun gold...I like the sound of your bargains, though.

Suzanne, I got my nails done too. When it's hair coloring time I say that I have a date with Ponce (as in Ponce de Leon and the fountain of youth) tonight it's just a quickie with Kunte Kinte (I'm doing my roots) ha ha!

Raeanne, where have you been?? Those brussels sprouts sound delicious....

The Pie Party was wonderful. My sister has some wonderful friends and it was a lot of fun.

I have errands to run, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs and a cheesecake to make. I think this will be the BEST Thanksgiving ever!

I hope all of you have the Happiest of Holidays,

((Hugs)) Tikanis

o

Happy Thanksgiving All!!

Let the cooking and eating begin. Most of all enjoy your time with your family and friends.

Time to start prepping! Will check in later since I have the luxury of being home this year.

Raeanne, that Brussels sprouts recipe is calling my name! I just happen to have some lovely specimens in the fridge! They sound like a meal in themselves...I will let you know how I love them!

o

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love and hugs,

Maddie

o

Love and Hugs to everyone on Thanksgiving.

o

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE! Wishing you a day of healthy, happy dining!

o

Dropping by to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I am off to pick up my kids at the airport and then to my sister's house for dinner. I have four pies already packed in the car.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

o

Happy Thanksgiving! and love and hugs from me, too :)
All the pies sound yummy.
I'll be having dinner over the net with my son and two granddaughters. I think I mentioned that already. Anyway, it's a good day. I was thinking of what I am thankful for and got to 24 things before I even had to stop and think. Heather is thankful for her health and a new kitty box. It's been raining, but I like rain.

Wishing everyone to be well and happy :)

o

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Love and hugs to all!

o

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day,

Tikanis : )

o

Good Saturday all,

Hopefully, you are all stuffed with turkey and fixings! I know I am. Oink, oink, oink.

Yesterday was annual shopping day in Boston with DFIL and S'sIL. It was fun as always - lunch at Four Seasons and shopping at Saks. He is the most unique FIL in the world I think and I think he really enjoys taking his girls out for this day. Got home around 9pm and am so glad to be home again. Now we have the whole weekend ahead of us!! How cool.

Stop in to say hi when you can.

o

Happy Saturday!

Suzanne, I was thinking about you yesterday when I saw the newscasts of crowds shopping on Fifth Avenue! Your FIL is indeed unique, and he's got to feel good about creating a tradition that you will fondly remember always.

Yesterday, I made over 100 mini Italian meatballs (my mom's recipe) with my Sunday gravy. They are packed away in the freezer, and right now I have a 4.5 pound pork roast in my crockpot that has been rubbed with Marcdi's recipe. I plan to "pull" that apart tonight and freeze that for the party on the 19th. Now, I'm off to make another 2-3 batches of cookie dough for the freezer. I've got no shopping finished, but the Open House plans and work, is well on it's way. Since the party for DH's family is on the 19th, I think I can feel what it's like to shop last-minute like most of the men in the world. LOL!!

Good to see you Besh! My DH's niece thinks we are buying a farm too! I need to change my status soon.

I wish you all a peaceful weekend.
Dee

o

Hey Dee - I just made my pulled pork yesterday and had it for dinner. My niece and her 4 kids are visiting from South Carolina and we had that and some coleslaw for dinner. We are going to eat the left overs tomorrow while we watch the Steelers. Don't think there will be any left for me to freeze.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here