Make this week count!

Love,

Dee

Comments (45)

• magickitty
    19 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning...
    I have not had a chance to catch up on the posts, but had to find out a few things. Did anyone watch American Dreams last night. OH My everytime I even think of it I start to tear up. Anywho....was that the last episode for this season/year?

Also, has anyone here ever been hypnotized for weight loss?

Lynn

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Dee - welcome home! How did you enjoy this one? I can't believe that the boat you were on, is the same one I almost booked for Alaska - tell me what you thought of it, just in case we do go through with the plans. We are going to Costa Rica in February and am looking forward to that.

Lynn - I cried like a baby and my DH even was teary. There will be a new episode on 1/2/05. I had to look it up - but I will miss it for the next month. I think it is one of the best shows that I've ever seen - I just love the music, the era, the characters - everything. BJ may have been hypnotized once - not sure.

NH Suzanne - we are waiting to hear about your birthday adventures.

• Related Discussions

SS Support, Mon. Oct. 26th thru Sun. Nov. 1st

Q

Comments (35)
    Gooooooooooooood Halloween day to all! I've been up since early and on the go. Our community center had their first ever "Boo Bash" fun-/fundraiser today, and it was a howling success! As the ways & means chairman, I was delighted with the turnout of people and kids dressed up in costumes and spending lots of time and money enjoying themselves! :0 I did a lot of fun Christmas shopping there for those little fun items that are 'extras' that nobody asks for or expects, but that always find a home happily. I also bought a couple of hand-painted items to continue decorating our house. I had a small serving of Frito pie and a diet Dr.Pepper when I finished my shift of tattooing kiddos. Donna, how nice to see you posting, but how frustrating for you with the delay. Maddie, enjoy the musical! Hope Dee's having fun on her vacation. Suzanne, hope you're enjoying your last sunny evening until next spring. Jan, I'd love a bowl of gumbo about now, TYVM! Raeanne, come back and post more - you're missed! Maddie, should we give it a little bit longer to see if anyone else would like to participate in the ornament exchange. It's so much easier to do an ornie than a whole gift box, so maybe we can get a bigger group together. I already have mine, so I can sound all organized and 'together' here! LOL I have a turkey roasting in the oven for our dinner. I decided to change up tradition from chili this year. I also needed to bake this one so that I can start taking advantage of the wonderful turkey sales starting up next week. We love turkey all year 'round. When I was growing up, the ONLY time my mom cooked a turkey was at Thanksgiving, so it still seems a little strange to me to cook one 'just because'. Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween and healthy snacking this evening!
    ...See More

Daily Support Mon. Nov. 16th thru Sun. Nov. 22nd

Q

Comments (42)
    Good Saturday afternoon from wet/rainy and cool (54 F.) Texas. I was up at 4:30 this morning, out of the house by 5:15, and heading to the Houston Zoo at 6:30 for St. Jude's 1st annual Thanks & Give walk. We had 300 of the 500 registered people show up in the pouring rain today to walk for St. Jude. I was shivering and shaking working registration, but it warmed my heart to see so many turn out and turn in huge amounts of money they'd raised for walking. I met Emmanuel, a precious 8-yr. old boy who lost his left eye to neuroblastoma last year. His 'fan club' was there to walk with him and they all dedicated their walk to him. I worked the bib dedication table where people filled out their "I am thankful for....." bib before pinning it on for the walk, and I was really touched by many of the dedications. Afterwards, the volunteers moved everything over to the 'after-party' where everyone ended up to have breakfast and receive their incentives for walking. I think a nap is in my near future, but I had to check online before doing that. Donna, I hope you can start posting more often. Pray for 'uneventful' vibes! Suzanne, maybe you'll sneak in a ride today after finishing your chores? And, what a cute message from hubby! Hey, BJ! I've been missing you. Hurry back and get the wonderful support you've been needing. Maddie, you howl the HB song better than anyone I know, girl! Well, a nice warm bed is calling me, so y'all be good!
    ...See More

SS Support Nov.1st through Nov.7th

Q

Comments (39)
    Good Morning ...long time no post BUT I am reading when I have time. Christmas Exchange - I'm in! French Lick - I'm out. I will be in San Diego for my oldest DS's Police Academy graduation. Diet - I am doing very well on WW. I actually really love the program and it is working for me. I needed accountability and I was not good at all. I love food and as much as I loved some of the low carb diets...I cheated too easily because I missed some on the things that I loved to eat. On WW, I can have a potato, banana, popcorn...etc. I am not putting down low carb, it works for some but I don't remember the last time I lost 10 pounds so easily. I am doing their Core plan and I don't count points unless it is a treat like a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, fat free chips or something like that. I have to pay each week to get weighed and I find the meetings pretty good. I am doing with the SO and he is losing too. He needed to lose weight and I really was not into making different meals for each of us so I said I would do WW with him. He is losing too and being as competitive as I am...I think it keeps me on task. Work - BUSY and I lost my assistant so I have twice as much work again to do. Working out - I work in an office full of IT geeks. I was talking to one of them the other day and he was telling me about this program for the XBox. ( Video Game Machine ) It is called Yourself Fitness. It is like having a personal trainer. It creates different work outs for you according to your fitness level. It keeps you interested because the workouts change all the time. They even ask you what kinds of other workout items you have and incorporate that into the workout. ( weights, fitness ball, step ) I am seriously considering this because I really want to get back into shape. My car accident in 03 has really messed up my back. I haven't worked out since then because it seems like any little thing give me sciatica. I put on 10 pounds on top of what I needed to lose and that only added to having low self esteem about myself. I have one of the momentus birthdays next year and I really really want to look good for it. Kids -They are all well and happy! I cannot ask for more. I really feel blessed each day because they are so good and well adjusted. Alright - I wrote more than I thought I would have time for! Hello to all and prayers for those who need them! Gretchen
    ...See More

SS Support, Mon. Nov.28th thru Sun. Dec. 4th

Q

Comments (42)
    Donna - DeeMarie forgot to tell you that she is our resident motivator, butt kicker and cheerleader! I am one of the priviliged that got to not only meet her once, but twice and she has a beautiful smile and sparkle in her eyes that warms your heart immediately. Just some more insight to some of the people here, we have busy busy Jen who made us all aunts and uncle with 2 precious girls since we have known her, Tikanis although relatively new in comparison, fit in all too quickly - she is adventurous and has a warped sense of humor (that's why I like her), I don't think you met Patti yet, no matter what she is facing she remembers each and everyone of us (WHERE are you Patti & Dave?), there is also Gretchen from the windy city and she blows in just long enough to catch up and then disappears (very busy at work, etc.) but we miss her. Which reminds me Lynn hasn't been around in quite a while, I hope all is okay with her. I haven't kept track of who was mentioned, but I am sure there are others I haven't mentioned - but everyone here has something unique to offer and that's why this place is so special. I am getting sappy in my old age. Jen - I was the one to leave all my friends behind and I never thought they could be replaced - well they can't - but fortunately you find new friends and still have your old ones. I stay in touch with my closest old friends, but not on a regular basis (as they are ALL computer illiterate LOL), but when we do talk or get together, it is like we haven't missed a day. It does get better. Tikanis - Someone asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I couldn't think of anything - I said I felt I had all I needed and didn't want anything. I felt just like you said, thankful and grateful for what I do have. I love the gingerbread house making party with DD - those are the things I like to do. You found yourself a great place to work. Menu: B - Smoothy S - 3 bagel chips (I had an uneasy stomach from the night before) L - 2 eggs Christmas Realtors Party: S - Appetizers before dinner, shrimp & scallops wrapped in bacon, vegie skewer, deviled egg D - 2 Beef fajitas with no tortilla NO alcoholic beverages, plenty of water The night before, I thought I had 3 glasses of wine, which was bad enough, but my DH said that the waiter and a friend filled my glass at dinner more than once - so who knows how many I had and we ate very late, so we had drinks on an empty stomach. I paid dearly for it yesterday, bad headache, uneasy stomach and exhausted. I wasn't a whole lot of fun last night - but boy you should've seen me the night before. The next day a casual acquaintance, kept telling DH that he had no idea how funny I was - I don't have a clue what he's talking about - but I sort of remember it had something to do with an air guitar. Too Much Information!
    ...See More
  • magickitty
    19 years ago

Back again....
    Suzanne - Happy Belated Birthday......Hope it was great. I loved BJ's poem to you....

The tacky ornaments sound great. A questionaire would be very helpful for me to get the right ideas for Dee. I am so excited.

The group "America" has always been a favorite of mine. I too listened to that in High School. I have memories of skipping school and sitting at a round table in the basement of one of my friends house, we would listen to America, Todd Rundgren and Carol King.... we would be drinking beer or some kind of liquor from her dads stash. We had such fun. However.... I was a scaredy cat and always asked my mom if I could skip and she would say yes and write me a note.... the other girls forged their moms signatures. I always think of that when I hear any of those songs.... When all of us gals get together, we still listen to that music and say "Hey remember when....." it never fails and we all start laughting our heads off. Now I am feeling nostalgic.

Currently I am listening to Usher, Los Lonely Boys, Toby Keith. Those are the new CD's.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!

Lynn

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!
    Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Marci, thanks for the delicious cake!! It was good enough to eat.

BJ, what can I say??? I am so touched with your poem it's great! No one ever wrote a poem about me!!

Raeanne, no package yet but I am sure it will be here today.

I had a wonderful weekend. We arrived in the town of Colraine,Mass around 10am on Friday morning. The farm we were heading to is called High Pockets and it was clear why as we climbed and climbed to a cute farm house set high on a hill surrounded by great vistas. The barn was set even higher up on this hill!! One of our views was of the owners house and farm and his pastures were dotted with little white goats and horses. He raises dairy goats for cheesemaking. I felt right at home of course!
     We unloaded and had lunch while the horses rested from thier journey and had lunch. We set off for our first adventure shortly after noon and it was warm and sunny. We headed down the dirt road we drove up and about 5 minutes into the ride one of the horses spooked and spun and one of our riders took a dump. She got up though and was alright but we all knew she was going to be sore later! In groups like this the horses are always a bit more energetic than normal the first day out and usually settle in on the second day. We took a ride up to a spot that overlooked all of small mountains of southern MA and VT. The terrain was more like Vermont as it was very hilly....steep and long hills, killer hills! The country side here is just beautiful it's not over developed and there are lots of farms with long sweeping views of pasture after pasture set high up in the clouds. It was really breath taking.Â
     After our first ride we got back to the house and settled in for an enjoyable evening. First we all piled into the outdoor hot tub that overlooked views to the west, nothing short of spectacular. It felt good to have wine and soak the old bones.
     My group didn't have to cook dinner on Friday night so we relaxed while dinner was prepared in the living room. The living room had a nice fireplace and a very complete library of horse videos both instructional and movies. We watched a video called Dancing with Horses which was an interesting look into a man who has a completely unconventional way of working with horses. He works with Andalusian stallions in Spain and it was beautiful done. He actually was riding with no saddle and no bridle or bit through this gorgeous Spanish countryside.

Saturday we took a 15mile ride through similar terrain, high sweeping pastures with killer views. One part of the ride took us through an 1800's carriage road that is not any good for carriages any more but certainly good for horse riding. This trail took us deep into the forest and our trail wound along a mountainside stream that was making lovely sounds as we climbed down into a ravine along some pretty steep, rocky footing at the very bottom of the ravine we were surrounded by mountainside all around and the view loooking up was awesome as huge ancient trees grew all the way up the sides of the ravine and the light way up at the top was very small. It's hard to describe but it was like six women and thier horses were a deep unknow part of the universe. It was incredibly quiet except for the stream and our only view was of forest floor and huge trees towering over us . We watered our horses here and just took in the awesome-ness of where we were. The climbed up out of this ravine next and started another climb that was long and steep but near the top we started to see great open spaces and ended up in the middle of a pasture that seemed like it was at the very top of the world! It was so cool. We had a 360 degree view here and it was just lovely inspite of the gray November day that it was.

That's pretty much how all of the riding was. We would climb and climb, get to a plateau and climb some more. Coming down never seemed as steep as going up oddly enough. Definitely a ride one wants to do when it's near the end of the season so the horses are really fit for all of the climbing.

Satuday night it was our turn to cook. I prepared a beautiful pork loin roast that I brined per our Tikanas' method, stuffed with apples and walnuts, squash, garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, applesauce and carmelized onions. All served with a lovely Spanish Rijoa. Fortunately, the majority of the meal was prepared ahead and reheated and the only really cooking was the roast which came out just moist and delicious! Thanks Tikanas!!

Sunday it was rainy so we didn't ride. We had a nice long breakfast and got ready to hit the road. I love this place and will go back.

I did not get a chance to see Sweet Pea's baby. Her owner had broken her ankle. She got rammed by one of her rams and was laid up all weekend. :( I was terribly disappointed but will make plans to run down there soon.

That's it. I had a great birthday with good friends. Family thinks I have desserted them but I could not pass up this opportunity.

Â

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Lynn - do you ever watch "That 70's Show"? It is a riot and it takes me back to my high school days. I can replace most every character with one of my friends from back then.

DeeMarie - I have been watching HUFF on Showtime and think of you. It seems like the type of show you would like, it's a drama with a quirkiness to it.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

NH Suzanne - I felt like I was practically there with you - how beautiful. YES, your package should be there today, I have my fingers crossed and still feel badly that it's not in it's entirety. But you will have an added surprise hopefully by the end of this week.

BJ - do you remember when we did the entire thread for one or 2 days in rhyme - at least that's how I remember it LOL? I think John started it and we just got carried away with it.

The other night we went to the greatest little Italian restaurant, there are about 8 tables in the entire place. We had so much fun that we booked the entire restaurant for an evening in January. There will be 16 of us for 3 hours, they will serve a 4 course dinner with 4 different wines, you sit at one long table and are served family style.

My Thanksgiving plans have been revised a bit, we are having my MIL, BIL, his wife and 3 boys for dinner and overnight. What timing, my new living room furniture should be arriving the day before - I may call to see if it can be postponed.

Can you tell I am doing very tedious boring work today and instead of just getting it over with, I keep giving myself little breaks. Nothing like dragging it out. Now I will get back and try to be done with it.

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    19 years ago

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Suzanne! While we were driving home from Florida Saturday afternoon (straight through for 25 hours, I might add!), we passed a horse trailer with NH plates; the truck was driven by a blonde young lady, and I was yelling out the window "are you Suzanne"? My travel companions thought I'd gone totally nuts, but I thought it was funny. I knew it wasn't you, but the idea that we would cross paths like that was one I could not pass up! So glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Finished the book "Five People You Meet in Heaven" and I just loved it...that Mitch Albom has such a way with a story. wonderful premise

Maddie, I love the idea of a tacky ornament. I just feel so sorry for Tikanas that she will be receiving from me, 'cause I can just imagine what kind of tackiness I will find here in 'Joisey! LOL!!!! Tikanas, I will not be offended if you place it far, far into the middle of your tree; you even have my permission to keep it in the box! Haaaaaaaaa!!!! This will be fun!

Raeanne, I don't get Showtime, so I'm not sure what the series is about. When I feel like goofing off some more here at the office, I'll have a look at their website.

OK, I've printed out about 4 dozen e;mails that really need tending....2 weeks away from this place is awful. So hard to get back into the swing of things, and I have a stupid meeting at 2pm today that I'm not looking forward to.

Take care, eat healthy, and NEVER NEVER GIVE UP!
    DeeMarie

PS: We'd all like to hear from Amy, Jen, KY Susie, Gretchen, Joanne, John, etc......come on now, check in!!!!

• Tikanas2
    19 years ago

Wow! I have been MIA and have SO much catching up to do!! I will try to read thru last week's thread and do just that today.

DeeMarie, I don't have your email address as it's not in your profile. E mail ME, then I'll send you my snail mail address. I am glad that you had a great trip! Welcome home.

Suzanne, Your birthday weekend sounds wonderful!! You have such a way of painting vivid pictures with words... I think that you should seriously consider writing a book. I'm glad that pork loin turned out well. That brine is a killer, huh? I want to know how you stuffed it though, as I have never done it. Could you send me your recipe, please?

Lynn, Did we go to the same highschool? : ) I just bought a Toby Keith CD too!

Bj... That was quite a poem! How great that Suzanne has that poem to remember her special day.

Ladies, what are the "ground rules" for our exchange (besides the tacky ornaments, which I think are a hoot!!!)
    Watch out, Raeanne!

I still have last weeks "questionaire" to finish ha ha! I'll be back later to do just that.

DS has an easy day and we are going to do some gardening. ( he calls it indentured servitude!) We grow most of our produce and he doesn't mind EATING it!

Be strong, be well!

Tikanas

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

What are the ground rules for tacky too!!!

Tikanas, I will email you my method. No real recipe.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

NHSuzanne~ Sounds like you had a blast of a birthday. Loved your description of the ride. Beautiful! Bet your family will celebrate in another fashion with you!

Heres a couple of CDs you may like:

GYPSY FLAME by Armik

Jesus Alemanys CUBANISMO! Featuring Alfredo Rodriguez

And a great smooth jazz CD:

ACOUSTICSOL featuring John Raymond and Russ Nyberg. This is one of my favorites.

Besh- Im going to check out your CD suggestion. Sounds good. Well, I printed out the Idiot-proof diet and am on my first day. Ive tried everything to lose these 10 pounds and get within a "happy/healthy range", but Ive had no luck. Ill try this and report back. You have to prepare and decide when you are gong to eat on this one and it is fairly restrictive, but it may just work on this ole gal!

Patti~ I heard Basia has a new CD out, but I cant find it anywhere. Maybe itll show its face in bookstores for the holidays!

Lynn~ Some of the old tunes just bring the memories back like theyre yesterday. Dick Clark said "Music is the soundtrack of our lives". I have to agree. BTW, I have been hypnotized for weight loss. Loved it; it was effortless and I lost about 10 pounds in 3-4 weeks. You have to keep getting hypnotized though and I didnt. The power of suggestion only last a little while.

DeeMarie~ The cruise sounds so great. Pictures! Pictures!

Tikanas~ Do you ever watch Alton Brown on food network? His brines are out of this world! He has a turkey recipe that kicks!

Raeanne~ I remember that thread about the rhymes. GAD! That was some fun, eh? It got to be quite corny, but EVERYONE participated. Your Thxgiving sounds BIG! Im having a small one here, I hope. Were having a HUGE bday blast for my 14 y.o. DJ and food and fun the day after Thxgiving. Teens galore!

Maddie~ Part 2? When will we hear about THAT?????!

Marci! - Id love to see the questionnaire again for the gift exchange. Peoples tastes change and its always fun to read what everyone is into!

Well, I gotta get some work done! Bye!

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

I don't know what is pulling me back to this thread today, but I can't stay away LOL.

I just bathed my smelly dog - I am going to take that as my workout today, she doesn't like it and gives me a bit of a fight and I brushed her for about 1/2 hour.

BJ - our Thanksgiving is usually just the 4 of us, sometimes the girls might have a friend or a friend comes over for dessert, but it is usually very quiet and I love it. Enjoy your DDs bday, that sounds like quite a celebration.

I think I'm going to make Joanne's ornament, so I can have some control of the tackiness hehehe. Joanne you may have to start a new tree to display all your SS tacky ornaments.

Tikanis - bring it on, I'm up for anything LOL.

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Hi goils!

BJ--the poem was a riot!!! :):)

Hmmm... ground rules?? Well, this year is a free-for-all, which means you can send whatever floats your boat( that your partner would like). We're going to be opening them on the 20th, and there is a part 2 to the tacky ornaments--heehee!!! :):) And get them as tacky as you want it to be--just hideous looking--:):)

shoot--gotta go--be back in a bit!

Maddie

• marci_pa
    19 years ago

Here are the questions that we asked for this year's birthday exchange. I do have everyone's answers in Word, but if you didn't get a chance to fill it out the first time or you just want to answer them again, here's your chance.
    Lynn and Tikanas, if your partners don't answer the questions, let me know and I will email you their old questionaire answers.

1. Birth date

2. Favorite Scent

3. Favorite Artist

4. Favorite Type of Book

5. Favorite Author

6. Favorite Online Store

7. Favorite National Store Chain

8. Favorite color or color combination

9. Hobbies or special interests

10. Occupation

11. Do you collect anything in particular?

12. Describe your decorating style.

13. Favorite Season

14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group

15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about?

16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less.

17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

My answers are always different! The older I get, the more I keep forgettin' what my favorite things are! lol!

1. Birth date- 4/23 Taurus

2. Favorite Scent- Donna Karan Cashmere Mist

3. Favorite Artist- I like black and white pictures of empty chairs - on the beach, on a porch, etc.

4. Favorite Type of Book- Reference books on Spanish and Italian residential architecture, books on grief, books on anatomy, short books on understanding various religions, and humorous murder mystery books

5. Favorite Author- Brian Andreas from Story People

6. Favorite Online Store- Half.com and amazon.com

7. Favorite National Store Chain- Any hardware store - Lowe's is my very favorite

8. Favorite color or color combination- Navajo white and periwinkle are my favorites for inside. I love terra cotta and brick for outside. Black, white, or chocolate brown for clothes

9. Hobbies or special interests- beadwork, decorating masks, pulling weeds, volunteer 3 hours a week helping kids learn to read, and I like to scrap book when I get a chance

10. Occupation- in school right now finishing a degree I started a million years ago

11. Do you collect anything in particular? Crystals with good vibes, cool rocks, and WIND CHIMES!

12. Describe your decorating style: Comfortable, classic furniture, wood tables, no knick knacks. ...and interesting junk for the walls

13. Favorite Season- In Seattle? The 3 hot days we get in the SUMMER

14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group: John Raymond - guitar, Basia, Steeley Dan, Olivia Newton John

15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? How to make realistic, life-sized, faces sculptured from clay and wire

16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. Loyal, righteous, clever, resourceful, picky, practical, and fun-loving

17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Red Center of Australia, 2nd choice is the hidden trails of Kauai

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Orient, NY (too bad I can't afford it)

19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you. I like marshmallow peeps more than almost anything in the world.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Marci~I tried to send you the pics from my class, but the email was refused. I sent them to Raeanne too.

Well, tomorrow's a busy day, so I'm signing off and getting a jump start on my list!

Laters!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning All!

Raeannnnnnnnne, you package came yesterday. I had lots of fun opening everything. Thank you, thank you. I love everything - but you already knew that!!

Raeanne's package contained lots of prettily wrapped gifts. She sent me a beautiful piece of amethyst along with information on it. Amethyst is known as the "stone of spirituality and contentment" among other things. It's one of my favorite gems. Also, some Body Tea of Lavender and a bar of handmade lavender soap. I LOVE LAVENDER I use it to reduce stress and it works. I got a book by Gary Zukav called Soul Stories which is a NY Times bestseller. I can't wait to dig in to it. A cute wooden moose ornament, a postcard of Lake George where Raeanne picnics all summer long! Just gorgeous along with a 2005 calendar with a photo of Lake George and of her handsome husband!! The last thing she sent is a pretty little bag with charms (for want of a better name), to keep in my pocket, A heart for Love, a Peace Sign for Hope, An Acorn for a long and healthy life, an Angel to watch over me, and The World it's future is in my hands. I LOVE THIS RAEANNE, THANK YOU.
    I love everything and will treasure these gifts from my dear friend. Thank you, thank you.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

NH Suzanne - i am so happy that it finally arrived. As soon as the other items arrive, they will be shipped off to you.

BJ - you are so TALENTED, I love both your sculptures. I can't get over the detail you put into both of them, no wonder they were driving you crazy LOL. I am not overstating how gifted you are - have fun with it. I have Marci's new e-mail, I will forward them to her.

I will come back to answer the questions.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

1. Birth date - March 3, 1954

2. Favorite Scent - I haven't used perfume in a long time, so I'm not sure, but I do use a lot of lavendar and rose creams, lotions.

3. Favorite Artist - I still have to say Chihuli

4. Favorite Type of Book - Self Help/Improvement, inspirational, or a trashy beach novel

5. Favorite Author - don't have one

6. Favorite Online Store - Amazon, Barnes & Noble

7. Favorite National Store Chain - TJ Maxx, Marshalls

8. Favorite color or color combination - I am into deep reds/burgundies and hunter greens lately.

9. Hobbies or special interests - Swimming, walking, painting, wildlife, crystals

10. Occupation - Administrative Assistant at Real Estate office and for the North Country Wild Care as a volunteer

11. Do you collect anything in particular? Crystals & Rocks, ale type glasses - just started this summer, when I get enough they will become my everyday glasses. I am getting 1 from everyplace I visit.

12. Describe your decorating style. - definitely eclectic, I have antiques and modern furniture and artwork throughout.

13. Favorite Season - I like them all, so I will list them in order of preference, Summer, Spring, Autumn, Winter

14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group - that is so hard, like the rest of my life, my music is eclectic too. Right now I can't get enough of Dean Martin and it's driving DH nuts. I love U2, Dave Matthews, Bon Jovi, Santana, sometimes a little oldies is fun or some classical or light jazz can hit the spot. I like nearly everything except country.

15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? Learning to speak Spanish, listening to CD's right now, but not doing well. Would like to take more golf lessons and continue with my painting. After seeing BJ's sculptures, I would consider a sculpting class.

16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. Trustworthy, reliable, good sense of humor, patient, and centered

17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Maui or Austrailia

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? I'm happy right where I am.

19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you. I think we share way too much already on here LOL.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Thanks, Raeanne! I don't think I'll ever relax in sculpture class. I re-do everything I make 5 million times - lol. I am thinking of signing up for more clay classes though. I want to conquer this uncomfortableness I have about dealing with clay....

It's another dreary day in Seattle today. I am so unmotivated on getting anything done! I need some artificial light! NOW!

Check in by tomorrow and tell us what you're fixing for Thxgiving dinner!

• marci_pa
    19 years ago

BJ & Raeanne - I got the pictures and they are in the album.

Go look and see our new resident artist's work!!

Marci

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

1. Birth date 11/20/55

2. Favorite Scent - I LOVE lavendar but as far as perfume goes it's Magie Noir by Lancome

3. Favorite Artist - There are so many but one in particular lately is an equine artist,(what else!!), Leslie Hudson-Tolles.

4. Favorite Type of Book - Historical

5. Favorite Author - SO many but Tolkien is on the top of the list

6. Favorite Online Store - Long Riders Gear, I love the home shopping networks online stores, QVC, HSN, NBC, etc. good bargins for things I actually use.

7. Favorite National Store Chain - Talbots

8. Favorite color or color combination Blue and yellows and the colors of Provence

9. Hobbies or special interests - Anything equine but riding and open space preservation.

10. Occupation - advertising sales for an Equine publication with mega goals each month, LOL. Formerly, a structural steel project manager working on high rise buildings in Boston, MA

11. Do you collect anything in particular? -Salt cellars, cobalt glass and blue and white china. All kinds of equine art

12. Describe your decorating style. Electic

13. Favorite Season - I love them all but Spring is tops

14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group - far too many to name here

15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? - an extension of my equine hobby would be driven dressage

16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. Honest, Loyal and stead fast

17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? I can't think of anywhere I wouldn't want to go but I have an infinity for France and can never get enough of it.

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Right here where I am

19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you. Can't think of one single thing.

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

NHSuzanne~Happy Belated Birthday! I'm sorry that I missed it. Your trip sounds like it was amazing.

BJ~The poem was so nice! "You have a gift my friend!", a quote from Analyze This & Analyze That. LOL I hope that I can find the new Basia CD. It has been a long time.

Marci~The birthday cake was simply amazing!

Maddie~I heard something about MILs & holidays that made me think of you & old age has taken over & I cannot remember it now.

Raeanne~We were having Thanksgiving just the two of us but we did invite a friend whose wife is out of town so he was happy to accept the invitation.

DeeMarie~We had fun watching your ship as it moved around!

Lynn~I love "American Dreams". I was wondering the same thing & yes, I was totally in tears. Dave said that he was too.

Tikanis~I enjoyed talking to you this evening. Dave wants to do that turkey for Christmas. Let me know about the stuffing, all right?

Well, that's about it for me. Shout out to everyone! Patti :)

• deemarie5500
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Checking in......will fill out survey when I get the chance.

If I cannot get to my computer before tomorrow...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

I'm thankful for each and every one of you (including you lurkers...and you all know who you are!!!!). Thanks for sharing my ups and downs; thanks for sharing your lives with me, thanks for being there with advice; thanks for providing jokes, and thanks for laughing at my sick humor!

Love,
    Donna

• besh
    19 years ago

Hello,

Just a quick HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all. I am happy and thankful to know you and have you all as my friends!

Love, Besh

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I'm thankful for Spike maintaining this place so we can all meet and talk everyday.

And...to all my gal pals - DeeMarie said it all!

And...hurray for tomorrow -

the day for all diets to go wrong - in a good way!

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Checking in quickly in case I don't have another chance.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!! I am grateful to have you all as my friends.

Don't eat too much and have a safe time.

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I'm grateful to have each of you as my friend, as well.

We were looking at a Veteran's magazine last night & it had "French Lick" listed. I couldn't believe it!

Wish I knew what to do to get Dave's VA compensation going. You go one step forward & four backwards. This is the first year that I have been homesick. I miss Texas, Midland, & my family. I've not spent one holiday with them since March of 2001. But, I am grateful that we are where it is much warmer. Although, it has been downright hot, almost. LOL

Shout out to everyone & everyone have a safe trip if you are going away for the holiday! Patti :)

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

A HUGE thank you much to Spike! I can't remember not having this place, and you all everyday--

And Dee said what I want to say--I am so grateful for you all--you've made my life more fun, and have saved my sanity on more than one occassion--I hope that everyone has a blessed day tomorrow, and let's remember to give much thanks for our service members--

Love and hugs,

Maddie

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

I second all of the above! Thanks Spike!!

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

I can feel the love and it feels good.

I too, am thankful for my SS family and look forward to our daily chats. I can't wait for French Lick, this forum may never be the same.

A big thanks to Spike too, thanks BJ for reminding us who is behind all of this.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with peace, love and lots of good food.

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

(stolen from the KT):

A THANKSGIVING POEM
    'Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
    I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
    The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,
    But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation
    The thought of a snack became infatuation.
    So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door,
    And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
    Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
    I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
    'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
    With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
    But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
    Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
    May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump,
    May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
    May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

May your Thanksgiving be blessed!!
    Happy Thanksgiving y'all !!!!!!

• Joanne13
    19 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!!!

Quick post as I am on my way to Florida tomorrow with my Christmas gift exchange present in hand for Patti (WHO WE ARE GOING TO MEET UP WITH) Yipee, can hardly wait!!!!!

Questions:

1. September 26, 1952 and proud that I made this far!!! (I'm a girl of the 60's)
    2. I love Spring Rain by Crabtree & Evelyn
    3. Van Gogh (a little unusual, like me)
    4. Book - mystery, murder (edge of the seat)
    5. author - Patricia Cornwell
    6. Online Store - LLBean, Coldwater Creek
    7. Target, or Kohl's
    8. Colour - lime green or orange
    9. Golf, curl, garden, (not cooking) like to eat not to cook
    10. I'm a speech writer for national health organizations
    11. collect masks, jesters
    12. decorating style - eclectic - we have travelled all over the world, so my house is a reflection of that
    13. Spring - love the newness of everything
    14. Love - Tragically Hip, Shania Twain, Josh Grobin
    15. Want to learn about Yoga and Scrapbooking
    16. Personality - wacky, wild, witty, weird, (I'm a redhead)
    17. back to Cambodia
    18. Thailand or Canada (love my country, but Thailand is amazing)
    19. The funkier the better - my kids call me Peter Pan (you get the picture)

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

If anyone has Joanne's address, could you please e-mail it to me? I didn't realize she would be going away and I will be going away when she gets back. She is my Christmas exchange and I want to make sure she gets her package before the 20th. I checked with the PO and the shipping time is 4 to 10 days - how vague is that???

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine could've been better, but it could've also been much worse. I made a beautiful cheese broccoli casserole and as we were admiring it, it just slipped out of my hands and shattered into 100 million shards of glass with hot cheesey broccoli on my pants, slippers, floor and cabinets. Then I served stuffing with some nuts in it, only to find out that DH's nephew is allergic to nuts - they mentioned it after he ate and he said his mouth was a little itchy - he is also allergic to my dog! Luckily, he was okay and just needed a little benadryl. I finally get everyone settled and call it a night, went to my refrig to find that a container of cream had leaked over the entire contents of my refrig - all the leftovers, etc. So I had to pull my entire refrig apart at 10PM.

I know, I know, I still have a lot to be thankful for and I am. It was just one of those days. Not to mention my SIL brought 5 different desserts (for 10 people), 2 of which needed to be heated up, but had to be started in a cold oven - try that after cooking for 8 hours straight. I already had 3 desserts prepared (thinking that was too much).

When my boss came in this AM, he said to go home until my company leaves, but I just feel safer here LOL.

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Forgot to wish Joanne a wonderful trip to FL and a great visit for her with Patti and Dave - I am so excited for all of you.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

Hi!

Wow, Raeanne, that sounds like a recipe for a good cry! Gad! And the SIL's dessert story was over the top! Next year, come here, girlfriend!

We just had our immediate family for dinner. On Wed, I made a list of foods everyone requested and I made small portions of everything. It was fun and everyone remained calm---!

A group of friends called and wanted to party, but we said "naw" and spent a quiet evening at home, watching "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" Good flick for a family night with the teens.

Today begins preparation for my 14 yo's bday party. I gotta throw the house together and head to Costco for food, pop, and cake...and I gotta pick up some balloons somewhere. I bought a dozen pizzas but I'll need more. DD finalized the guest list last night at 30 or so teens. Should be fun to watch. We hired a DJ and cleared a dance floor. Pool table's open and away we go at 7pm. Party is ending promptly at 11. Yeah, right............

Then I'm pretty much free of social obligations until DH's family arrives for a holiday celebration on the 27th of Dec. They'll be here for a week.

I thankful I have most of my holiday shopping done, so I don't have to be out in the crowds today! I was watching CNN this morning and it looks like a MADHOUSE out there!

All for now! I'll check in tomorrow if I'm still sane!

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

BJ - I am envious of your Thanksgiving LOL. Be careful about the invite, I may show up next year - but it sounds like I would rather come to DD's birthday. WOW what fun that is going to be. You have also inspired me to start shopping. I haven't done anything - but my list isn't big anymore.

Patti - When you get together with Joanne, could you somehow work into the conversation, what her shoe size is. I need it for a Christmas present and would like to send it off before she will be back. Thanks so much - enjoy your time together. And tell her she may be sorry that she said the funkier the better LOL.

• besh
    19 years ago

Good Afternoon:

I am stuffed and I had a wonderful day yesterday. It was the first big family get together since MIL passed and it was fine. The family has had a lot of ups and downs in the past few months, but everything worked out great. I am known every year for not having my turkey done when it is supposed to be done. It usually is done to soon or too late, but this year it was perfect. I did panic at one point because I looked at my oven and it had gone off! I don't know why, but after a couple of hours it must of shut itself off, so at that point I had no idea how long it had been off for. I just turned it back on and hoped for the best. I think MIL must have been the angel I needed on my shoulder. It was a nice day.

Raeanne! I can't believe what happened to your casserole! How awful. I hope you can laugh about it now. Aren't you glad it is now the day AFTER Thanksgiving? I emailed you Joannes address.

BJ, the party sounds great. 30 kiddos is a lot, especially at that age. Good luck!

Joanne and Patti, how great that you will get together!

I bought some "squirrel proof" bird feeders recently. Yeah right. Yesterday I looked out and the squirrel had pried open the top which is like a flip top lid and was sitting in the lid eating all the bird seed out! I took pictures, if they come out I will send them to Marci. I let him eat for a while, after all it was Thanksgiving, and then I went out and wired the cover closed, about an hour later he was back in there. Must of chewed through the wire, little bugger.

Can someone email me the link to Marci's picture trail? Somehow all my bookmarks got deleted and I can't remember how to get there. Thanks.

Have a great day.

Love, Besh

• magickitty
    19 years ago

1. Birth date - May 2nd

2. Favorite Scent - ????? keeps changing.

3. Favorite Artist - Monet

4. Favorite Type of Book - Romance/Thrillers/Autobiographies

5. Favorite Author - various

6. Favorite Online Store - e-bay

7. Favorite National Store Chain - Linens and Things/Bed Bath and Beyond.

8. Favorite color or color combination - Color- Green. Combo - always changing, right now it is teal, bronze, cream

9. Hobbies or special interests - Boating

10. Occupation - Administrative Assistant for the President and Comptroller of the Company. I call it a "YES" Girl. LOL

11. Do you collect anything in particular? - Vintage Cat collectibles, Movies, Precious Moments.

12. Describe your decorating style. Tuscan with a modern twist.

13. Favorite Season-Fall

14. Favorite Musician or Musical Group - various....it keep changing, but always the Rock classics. The Police (Sting) used to be my alltime favorite, but Matchbox 20 was the last concert and had to get all CD's. Currently listenting to country. I like the duo's....Brooks and Dunn, Montgomery Gentry, Big and Rich, etc....I guess my taste is all over the board.

15. Is there a new hobby or subject you would like to learn more about? I am thinking of learning Spanish via CD's.

16. Describe your personality in 10 words or less. Cranky when hungry,witty, friendly, loyal, funny, dependable, trustworthy.

17. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Italy

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Sweden

19. List anything else your think your partner might want to know about you. Married with two cats. Love Movies and TVLAND. Mel Gibson is a hottie.

If you ask again in a few months, you never know what I might say. LOL.

I have to go back and catch up on the posts.

Lynn

• nhsuzanne
    19 years ago

Good Morning All,

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Raeanne, what a comedy of errors for you! Okay, so it wasn't funny, but eventually it will be!! Your broccoli casserole story is funny because last year on my way to my inlaws a normally two hour drive ended up to being four because the traffic around Boston was miserable. Anyway, the broccoli and cauliflower casserole that was on the floor of my car flipped over after I had to slam on my breaks! So, there it was all over the floor with the wonderful aroma of garlic wafting up!!! I was so mad and couldn't do anything about it! At least I didn't have it all over myself! Stress, stress, where are those desserts?????????????????

BJ, the party sounds like fun, fun, fun.

Besh, we should all write a holiday disaster book! It would be a best seller.

Our Thanksgiving was nice. It's just so exhausting. MIL has to have five thousand things to serve and alot of it comes from a can so she spends endless hours at the microwave keeping everything warm until the turkey is done!! You have to be there. The sil's and I bring green and real dishes so that we will have something good to eat! It's a family tradition now! Anyway, it was a nice day and I was so tired I was upstairs settled in at 7:30! I wathce I am Sam. Has anyone seen that? It's so good.

Yesterday, we went shopping with dfil on our annual trip. He took us to the Four Seasons for lunch then off to Saks where we met our personal shopper, Lisa! It's all too much but fun. I got another beautiful St.John that is pastel pink with sparkly trim. It's pretty and I will be able to wear it alot.

I finally got home at 8:30 last night and it's good to be home. I went to the barn to tuck my babies in. It was very cold in the high teens and the moon is so full that I don't have to have any lights on! We are thinking of our moonlight ride tonight but they are predicting rain! We shall see.

So, back to reality. I have laundry to do and housework to get caught up on. Like that ever happens!! LOL

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

NH Suzanne - you would be very surprised on how calm I was and stayed in a good mood. I made the broccoli casserole yesterday, since it was the only thing DD was looking forward to. I know I have said this before, but I want your FIL to adopt me LOL. That is a very nice thing that he does each year. I wish my DH would start that tradition in our house - yeah right!

Besh - thanks for Joanne's address.

Lynn - I am constantly changing my favorite colors, scents, etc. too.

Did my swimming this AM and am now at work. It is always very quiet here from Thanksgiving to Christmas, so the day seems endless sometimes.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

Raeanne~I e-mailed you before I finished reading the posts if you can't tell. LOL I know how we want to make our kids their favorite dishes when they have a chance to come home!

Maddie~Loved the poem!

I'm looking forward to seeing Joanne! I am probably the only one on here that is much heavier since I joined than I was before. Too sad but true. I'm looking forward to the pool opening up. Dave's knee has been giving him trouble. I shopped yesterday & it wasn't as bad as I expected but I missed out b/c I didn't get up early & go out. I have to say that I think I have come up with the most "hideous" ornament! LOL Watch out Besh!

Well, it is time for lunch. Shout out to everyone! I love reading your likes time & again. Especially b/c our likes & dislikes DO change!! Patti :)

• maddie_in_ky
    19 years ago

Hi goils!

I'm on bluetooth at the show in Indy, so I don't have much hope of posting much--

Sounds like everyone had a good Turkey Day (Raeanne--ow!! Whatta mess!) We had a good one; my dinner came out great--dad ate 2 plates full (YEA!)

Gotta go--I'll answer the questionair when I get home-

Hugs,

Maddie

• yankandtex
    19 years ago

I talked to Joanne this morning & we are meeting tomorrow. I can hardly wait. It is like Christmas eve!! She has the loveliest voice. She reminds me a lot of you Tikanis! She has joy in her voice!

BJ~I forgot to mention that your DD has the bestestest Mom in the whole world or at least the kewlest!

Well, shout out to everyone! Patti :)

• aka_raeanne
    19 years ago

Patti - you and Joanne are going to have a great time.

BJ - are you still recovering??? I just started my laundry, so of course I thought of you.

My house (interior) is being painted tomorrow, so I have been busy, taking everything off the walls and moving some furniture out of the way. I can't wait - I have been living with off white walls since we built this house. I am only doing the main living area downstairs and my upstairs hallway - it is a very soft yellow - I hope I made the right choice.

My next chore is to try on my summer clothes and hope I find enough that still fit to take on vacation.

• Wild_Chicken
    19 years ago

HA! I am still here!

The party was terrific. The DJ was fab and played 2 of my requests before the kids arrived to get me in the mood to party. I danced a few times and the teens all laughed at my "80's style" dancing. WHAT? The kids had pizza, pop, cake, and they played a lot of pool and danced.

The house was easy to put back together and DH is calm once again. His buddy came by in the middle of the party and took him away for beers, so he was very mellow when he got home and the party guests were gone.

Besh, I received STUFF from Amazon Marketplace Music. Love it. Thanks for the suggestion! Did you get the picture trail link from anyone yet??????

I'm listening right now to the Pushing Tin sound rack. It's good. I love the song "He Pushes Tin" -- reminds me of flying! I could watch the air traffic sequences from that movie all day long! Am I geekish or not?

Tonight, we're watching the "English Patient" for about the 5th or 6th time. Love it.

NHSuzanne~ Your shopping spree sounds like fun! I like to shop alone. And I rarely go. I keep thinking I'll go when I'm a size amaller - but it ain't happenin'.

Tikanas~ Did you get your winter garden planted?????? Did DS help????

Well, I sculpted a foot slipping into a turkish slipper today. I think I'll make it into a pencil holder-the ankle part being the holder. Only 6 more hours of class to go, and I'm finally getting the hang of it. LOL!

Lynn~ Thanks for filling out the questionaire. I am going to use it!

Joanne and Patti! HAVE FUN! It's good to hear from both of you---now, don't be strangers to us! We want a report and pictures from you guys!

Raeanne, dear one, yes, I am doing laundry---TONS of it! I absolutely have to get my laundry room in order. It's got too much bedding stored in it. I keep asking the family to go through the stash and help me get rid of blankets, comforters, etc, but other things come up all the time. I have been getting rid of old clothes, and other stuff. DH is pretty darn thrilled about that, as you can imagine. If you and your DH decide to go to Alaska, build in a few days in Seattle for fun at my place!

Amy~ I am going to email you about a card or print I need. Are you still painting and/or photo-shopping on a regular basis? I hope, hope, hope so!

Okay, now, MONDAY. Back to the idiot-proof diet and drinking water! And I am going to get on a regular exercise program, blocking out time for it this time. My in-laws are ALL coming for Christmas and I want to be able to wear what I want and feel fine about it. I have a month. Plus, the doc wants to check on me again this month. I might have that procedure I was talking about done at spring break.

All for me, nighty night!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living