o
Daily Support, Monday, 11/17/08 to Sunday, 11/23/08

Posted by aka_raeanne (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 17, 08 at 8:28

Good Monday Morning!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daily Support, Monday, 11/17/08 to Sunday, 11/23/08

Raeanne~It was so funny. I came in here to start this & you beat me by one minute. LOL So, thanks for starting it. :-)

BJ~We have a commercial here that does the "Madagascar" song--"I like to move it, move it". I think that has a great beat. Would be helpful getting things done. You sound really upbeat.

I've sent out an e-mail to everyone letting them know who they have for their Christmas Card buddy. Right now, you only know who you have & nobody else knows who anybody else has. If you want everyone to know then I'll tell but this way it can be a complete surprise. Peg has asked to have everyone's addy & if no one has any objections then I'll send them to her. I thought that I would make certain one last time before I did that though. So speak now or forever hold your tongue! LOL I know, I'm such a tough cookie. Ringmaster or something like that. ha ha

I'll get all of the addresses out to those who requested them in a few days when I see who is going to be on the list of wanting all of them. All right?

Have a great day! This should be a slower week for us so I should have more time to be more social here. :-)

o

Good Monday all,

Patti, you can give whoever my address too. Thanks for setting this up for us.

Crazy weekend, 64 degrees and raining on Saturday and freezing high winds yesterday. No horse riding for me this weekend. The winds were so high that it sounded like an engine running up in the trees.......the trees of course were creaking and sighing. Wild. The chickens were airborne at times! Today is more of the same. Ugh, November.

Hope everyone is well. Thinking of Jan and family.

o

Sending prayers out to Jan and family, can't stop thinking of you.

Suzanne - I went for a long walk with a friend yesterday and we were pelted with hail, yet the sun was shining brightly overhead. We also had a balmy Saturday, but today is another story, we have been having flurries, wind and is in the 30's. I hope your chickens stay planted on the ground today LOL.

Patti - again, thank you for doing the Card Exchange. I have to get busy thinking on what to create. This will be fun.

Dee - are you feeling back to normal? I hope so.

Marci - sending prayers and hugs to you, thinking of you often.

I am really cutting back on Christmas this year and it already feels good. Relieves a lot of pressure and saves a lot of money.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

o

Hi Guys!

Got up at 4:30-my cell phone/alarm clock beeping for lack of a charged battery...then the ferry fog horn started blasting at 6am. I'll probably be suffering late rthis afternoon!

I made Caesar Stuffed Eggsfor DH's office party today. It's Rachael Ray's recipe. She came here to the rock this summer to film her show. It's supposed to air this season. If I hear when it's airing, I'll give a shout here. Anyway, this recipe is pretty yummy and full of protein:

Rachael Ray Caesar Stuffed Eggs
12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
1 small garlic clove
2 teaspoons anchovy paste
A handful of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 3 to 4 tablespoons
3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, just enough to bind
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Juice of lemon
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
2 romaine lettuce leaves from the heart, finely chopped

Rachael Note: This is the one I am famous for, and it's by far my most requested stuffed egg. It tastes exactly (or, eggs-actly) like a Caesar salad.

Cut the fat rounded ends off the eggs, scoop the yolks into a bowl, and stand the hard-boiled egg whites upright in the egg carton. If you prefer to serve the eggs on a platter, trim a small piece of egg off the pointed ends so they will stand upright.

Break the egg yolks up a little bit using a fork. Grate the garlic directly over the bowl, then add the anchovy paste, Parmigiano, mayo, Worcestershire, lemon juice, pepper, and half the finely chopped lettuce. Mash until smooth and check the seasonings.

Fill the egg whites, overstuffing them a little. Garnish with the remaining finely chopped greens.
MAKES 1 DOZEN

(I just cut the eggs in half the traditional way and let out the anchovy paste. They are good!)

DH and I watched half of "Angels in the Dust" last night; about a rich couple who cashed in everything and started an orphanage in Africa. This is a good DVD show; we are learning a lot.

((((((((((((MARCI AND JAN))))))))))))))))))

Dee- Are you caught up yet at work? It never ends, does it? When is your next cruise?

"I want to go where it's warm!" I hear Jimmy Buffet and Besh calling.... :-) Sometime, when we get out of this economic problem, I will go somewhere!

Did I tell you guys we lost our loan on our building construction? Yeah, we're scrabbling now! We'll know in a few weeks whether we can get another one and finish our house or just shutter it until our house sells. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I went through the mad/sad thing already, so now we just wait...and hope!

Well, I better get the day going. I have to hit the store and post office.

One more week till my 2 college DDs come home for Thanksgiving. Raeanne, how are your DDs doing? Anybody else have college-aged offspring? I'm old; I forget...

Besh--Time to check in and tell us what's going on in your world with your family.

Jen! Hey!

Donna, good to "see" you!!!!!! Don't be a stranger!

o

Hello everyone!

Raeanne, how could I (or you!) ever tell if I'm back to "normal". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Work is beyond the beyond the blue horizon. I'm waiting for that beautiful place they call "all caught up", but I am being pulled in no less than 3 directions here, so I need at times to set boundaries that some folks just don't like. Hey, too bad, I'm from New Jersey! hahahahaha

Where is Maddie and Besh and John and Gretchen and Jen (thanks for the shout-out on my Facebook!). I miss all of you.

Marci, it was good to see you pop in. I've been thinking about you alot lately.

[[[[[[[[Jan]]]]]]]]] praying for your family.

Patti, I sent you an e:mail, honey. Hope Dave is feeling better.

I seem to be getting better, but I need lots of sleep. Last evening I took a bubble bath while DH went to his mom's for dinner. Then I got into my comfy bed at 7:30. I was sound asleep by 9pm---at least I think that's when DH got home. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz LOL!

OK, back to some project work before my 5pm yoga class. Dinner is leftover lemon chicken that I took out of the freezer yesterday....made a large pot of brown rice for the week, so if DH makes a salad while I'm on my drive home, we should be good to go for dinner and Jeopardy at 7pm. Then I'm off to bed again.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Love ya all!
Dee

o

Hi, everyone.

My sister passed away Thursday night, 11:20 p.m., November 13th. We left home very early Thursday morning, arrived at her home at 11 a.m. I was so blessed to be able to tell her how I felt, hold her hand, kiss her forehead while she was awake. When my brother and I left later that afternoon to go pick another sister up at the airport, I told her that Terry was on her way and she smiled. Mama had picked some of her beautiful roses and placed them so she could see them. But by the time we got back, the hospice nurse was there and said she was not responding to light and the end was approaching. She held on until 11:20 that night.

She was cremated and her services were held today. It was a beautiful day, a wonderful turnout of many friends and loved ones. She would have loved it.

I'm exhausted, but felt like I needed to check in and see how everyone was. I will check back in soon, but need to get some rest.

Love,
Jan

o

((((((((((((((((((JAN)))))))))))))))))))))

My sympathies. You sound like you are at peace with it. We are thinking about you every day. Thank you for taking the time to check in. Your sister's passing...I don't know what to say, but I am glad you got to see her and say goodbye and she knew you were there for her. I don't know if I would have the energy to do it after something like that. You are wonderfully strong and we are so glad to have you here. Take care, sister, and check in when you can. Light and thoughts for your entire family. HUGGLES AND SMOOCHIES.....nighty night.

o

(((((Jan)))))) My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Being able to say goodbye to your sister is the greatest gift you could ever have. My thoughts and prayers are with you and thank you for checking in.

xxxxxx oooooo

o

Jan - My deepest condolences to you and your family. I will keep her children in my prayers as well as you and your mom. Your presence must have been a great comfort to your sister and your mom. Please feel free to lean on us when you feel the need. ((((HUGS))))

o

[[[[[Jan]]]]], I am so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. I am sure that your sister is in a much better, peaceful place. You and your family are in my prayers. God never gives us more than we can handle; you did all you could....you were a caring and thoughtful sister.
Love
Dee

o

((Jan & family)) I know you will always be grateful that you were there to say goodbye. She knew you loved her and you showed her that in so many ways. Bless you and yours and may you keep her memory alive through stories and family traditions.

Marci

o

(((((Jan and family)))) You have been so much in my thoughts and constantly in my prayers. My very deepest sympathies. I am glad you had to the chance to be with her and let her know how you feel, truly a gift for you. (((Hugs))) again.

Love and hugs to everyone else...BJ, sorry about the loan but something will work out...I'm thinking of you sister!

Dee, I hear ya on I'm from NJ - I'm being pulled in 65 directions at work and at least as many on the home front (another story).

Love and hugs to all - Donna

o

Jan~I feel so inadequate at this but my sympathies to you & yours. We love you & are so blessed by your presence here. Your post does sound like you are at peace. I hope you feel some of the peace that came through. May God give you the strength to get through the days ahead.

Donna~Is that your story & are you sticking to it? I'm guessing that it will be another 6 months until I get this long anticipated e-mail? LOL

Peace & love to all~Patti

o
RE: Daily Support, Monday, x11/17/08 to Sunday, 11/23/08

Well, I can't believe I was the last one yesterday & the first one today. I woke up at 5:00 this morning. My friend & I ended up spending the day together yesterday working on our quilting. We needed to catch up to the class. I started a week or two late. Then we didn't have enough of something & we took our husbands & went a couple of towns over for a quick shopping trip. That was our day. I haven't had much time to scrap & I got some paper in yesterday that I needed to work on something for my brother so that is the first thing I did this morning when I woke up so early. (Well, I started on it at least.) Today is quilting class so I'm working on comp a few minutes & will shower & head out the door. Tomorrow friend & I will do some shopping to find her some curtains. I can't remember what else she was wanting.

Oh, Donna~I was teasing you last night. If everyone on here told about me owing them e-mails, I'd be in big trouble! Believe me!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Peg~I am going to write you a long e-mail & tell you all about the quilting & will probably send you a pic of what the finished project looks like, all right?

Jan~I'll get the info to you too. I have lots of info that you asked for. I know part of it & may have to look for part of it.

Love each & every one of you. I don't want to wait until something happens to tell you. :-)

o

Good morning everyone!

Jan I am very sorry to hear about your sister. She is no longer suffering. (((((((((((((Jan)))))))))))) My condolences to all of your family - you are in my thoughts and prayers. LOL.

It's been a mad 2 days so far - we are starting with our biggest jobs this week. Yesterday we started at 8am right through to 9:30 pm. My body is telling me where to go this morning! Thank heavens for 'nursing' shoes. My runners don't cut it during this event every year. Today is a slower day - we are decorating outdoor planters with pine bows, dogwood, berries and the like and later today we have to pick up stuff at the wholesale craft store.....
'danger, danger...danger Will Robinson!'....I get to purchase stuff on the account at cost and they deduct it off my salary....oh oh!

The gal who helped us yesterday is from the Phillipines. She is trying to immigrant and presently on a work visa. She has had to leave her 3 daughters with her Mom while she tries to make a better life here in Canada. Remind me not to complain about things. Her family is the TV poverty commercial you see with a one room concrete, bare, room. They sleep on bamboo mats which get rolled up each morning to free up the space. My pal and I are going to do a family box to send to her family. I am going to make some light weight fast quilts for each of the girls and her mom (she's 79) since their bedding is lacking. My pal is getting the camping matting you put under your sleeping bag (it's some kind of hard foam that rolls up). So next time I moan or even think about moaning for any reason - remind me again there really are people who live those TV commercials with nothing. I've adopted this family for this years xmas.

Oooh, time for another coffee and morning happy pills. I'm stiff today - literally on my feet the last two full days. Should help burn off that halloween candy. Sorry folks, my diet just isn't happening right now but it will.

Patti, I look forward to your email and those addresses for the cards. I really want to thank everyone for just being here through some very difficult times this year - everyone means so much to me and your hand holding has and is greatly appreciated. LOL

It sounds like it's getting busy again for everyone. I just want to remind you to take a moment to slow down, breathe and take care of yourself. Tonight is bubble bath night for me.

Now, eat your breakfast!
Hugs to all of you,
Peggy

o

Good Morning All!

Jan, I am so very sorry to hear about your sisters passing. I am happy for you and your family that you were able to spend some time with her. It is such a difficult thing and it does get easier bit by bit. Please know that you are in my prayers.

Marci, how are you and your family doing? I think of you often and hope everyone is healing.

Sorry to have strayed. I don't even have an excuse! Just got side tracked...I did lurk every now and then, but just didn't have much to say I guess. Any way things are going well. Football season is winding down...8 more days! My son finally got to play Varsity last week and will play on Thanksgiving. It has been a very frustrating season for him, being a senior and not playing. It was kind of funny last Friday night, when he did play, it was so foggy on the field we could hardly even see him!

DS #1 is still planning on moving back up this way. They have to do something with the house, either rent or sell. Right now they are leaning towards renting, but it is so hard in this economy. I really wish something postive would happen.

Anyway, I guess I could go on and try to catch up on everything, but it would take forever. Things are going well with me...have not lost a pound since last time I was here...can't seem to stay focused....but know I should and that has been very frustrating for me.

I hope everyone is doing ok. I promise to keep up.

oxBesh

o

(((((((((((((((Jan and Marci)))))))))))

Besh: Time slips away...I know how that goes. Too bad our pounds don't slip away that easily--lol. Not to worry, I weigh the same as when you last checked in too. I miss you when you're MIA, so stay close.

Donna--Same. We miss your cheery busy-ness when you're gone from here.

Well, I am heading out to the mainland on the early ferry. It's an hour and a half ride to the other shore (the REAL USA) and then another 2 hours to downtown Seattle, where I have a big meeting with Baby V's social workers. They're planning his future tomorrow at 1 o'clock PST. So, at that time, please hum a little something positive for my dear sweet foster baby. The potential adoptive parents are attending the meeting with me-my Lord, they must be on pins and needles. But so far, none of Baby V's relatives have expressed an interest, so we're moving in a positive direction with the adoption. I am as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, to say the least!

Peg- You are getting a ticket to heaven helping that family like you are. What a perfect gift-for you and for them -at holiday time. What goes around comes around! Keep yourself busy like that and your life will be full!

Patti- Relax a little, girl! You can't so everything!

Okay, I better get to bed. Morning comes early and the ferry lines get full fast!

o

I wish I knew how to do pictures. Help me in wishing a very, very happy birthday to my un-birthday partner NH Suzanne who has been the perfect addition here since she joined. She always has a great story to tell & she writes so beautifully. She is sweet & kind & loving & this board wouldn't be the same without her. I wish you the Happiest of Birthdays today. May Life Be Beautiful & Bountiful & may life on the farm always give you joy! Happy, happy birthday.

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUZANNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. STAY WARM!

OXOXOXBesh

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..................
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU..................
HAPPY BIIIIRRRTHHHDAYYYY, DEAR SPECIAL A-PARAGRAPH-FROM-YOU-IS-BETTER-THAN-A-THOUSAND-PICTURES, SUZZZAAAAAANNNNNE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

You are so expressive, so caring, and such a wonderful addition to this Board. Love ya, special lady!

Many, many more!
:0)

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Suzanne. I hope you have a wonderful day and a year filled with magnificent rides on the trails, great campouts with your horses and hags, and a winter with little shoveling involved LOL. You are a special person and I am proud to have you as a friend! Love You!

o

Suzanne - that is suppose to be hags and nags - but I am sure you would figure that out LOL - I tried.

o

Good evening!

Suzanne, sending you wonderful birthday wishes! You are such a delightful friend and always a fun read. Wishing you many great birthdays in your future, too!

Jan, I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. But, what a gift you both received in being there to tell her goodbye. I know you must have a mix of emotions going on now, but what memories you will have with you forever. I know your mom must be so grateful for your presence. Sending comforting thoughts for you and your family during this emotional time of healing.

Patti, I have no problem with anyone having my address either. I'd also like a copy of everyone's, please.

I've had some kind of flu-like stuff this week and just haven't felt up to posting about it. I did enjoy "Menopause-the Musical" very much on Sunday, and my friend is loaning me her CD and the songbook so that I can extend the enjoyment. If any of y'all have the chance to see it, by all means - GO! It was funny and spot-on. Everybody laughed hard through it.

BJ, good luck with the soon-to-be parents for V. I hope and pray that things go well for him.

Wishing everyone a good evening and a terrific Friday!

o

Suzanne, happy, happy birthday my friend! My gift to you will be that I will not sing, no one wants that, believe me!
I hope it was a magnificent day for you.

BJ, thanks for missing me and my whackiness and busy-ness. It needs to slow down!

Patti, just you wait my friend for that email :-) You will need a beverage and a snack to read it!

Not much exciting...cold weather has arrived in South Jersey with snow showers predicted tomorrow. Last night I was at a work event for a national recognition our nurses received and is truly well deserved. I tried to stay awake and see my boss's interview on the local news last night but no go. Tonight, food shopping (fun) and out to dinner (locally) with mom. Right now, hot chocolate with my sis and a little sister time.

TGIF tomorrow!!!

Got to run - love to all - take care and will check in tomorrow or Saturday.

Donna

o

I'm a day late and a dollar short (as my Dad used to say), but here's my birthday gif(t).

o

Hope you had a great birthday Suzanne!

Donna! LOL I can hardly wait.

BJ~Hope your visit goes smoothly.

Milkdud~I think I sent the list to everyone else so you should have it today.

Marci~I miss you. That is such a great gif.

Dee~When is the next cruise?

Besh~So glad you are back. I haven't lost anymore weight but I haven't gained either so I'm ok with that for now.

Raeanne~I'm working on Advent Calendars for the grandchildren right now. What crafty thing are you doing? How did your craft show go? Did you do anything with the bottle tops?

Peg~I hope you will check in. Let me know about the snow. I'm going to send you a pic of the tote we are quilting as soon as it is done. Hopefully soon.

Jan~I hope you feel like dropping by. Do you have my phone number? We are coming your way in Dec & back through in Jan. Actually we are staying in MS about a week in Jan. We'll be up by the Memphis, TN border that week.

What do you have planned for the weekend? We have plans to go out to eat with friends tonight. I don't think anything is planned for the weekend just yet except for chili & football & scrapbooking but the day is still young. :-) My friend & I still have the quilting to do & I need to go to a couple of different towns to pick up some items. So, I may see if Dave will let me travel. hee hee

Have a great one & stay warm. Patti :-)

o

Suzanne - I hope you are still out celebrating!

Patti - You should post a photo of the advent calendars I would love to see them. I am not doing anything crafty, just painting and not doing that a whole lot these days. Still busy and when I have some down time, I do nothing LOL. The idea I had for the bottle caps was for one of the awards and another artist offered to do that particular award, so I graciously let her LOL.

Marci - my dad liked that saying too and I use it often. We do miss you.

Donna - My hairdresser makes fun of me when I say "food shopping". She said it must be a NYC thing. I thought it was universal LOL. Glad to hear you say it too. I haven't figured out what they say up here, but maybe they just say they are going shopping. Which means retail therapy to me LOL.

Jan - continued hugs and prayers.

It is freezing here, but thankfully we still have no snow. Some flurries but no accumulation! I hate the thought of leaving work to get into my cold car. But I hate the thought of staying at work even more.

Have a great day!

o

OH....belated Happy B'day Suzanne! I've been 'off board' and will be more or less over the next couple of weeks with my job.

Thanks Patti for the addresses. I will be working on my cards soon - yippeeeee!

I know not everyone reads on Sunday so I will write all my news on notepad and post it all tomorrow! Keeping myself more than busy these days and starting a few new ventures.

Today is rec room clear out/Peggy's craft/sewing center setup. I can't work anymore with my stuff everywhere and this house looks like a football team ran through it with piles of stuff here and there - AGAIN! AAAAauuuuggghhhhh! So getting it all in a designated zone - off the kitchen table area, away from my couch area where I sit and out of the bedroom where I throw stuff I have bought for projects...it should make a huge difference and much easier to clean up around here. Also mentally make me feel a world better. Clutter is depressing. We moved the 2 large dressers waiting for pick up from my Mom's estate to the workshop and I've emailed everyone to let them know since they have not picked them up they are moved outside into the workshop until someone comes and gets them. I also clearly noted that I am not responsible for any water/humidity damage that may occur if they are not picked up. I would not put it past a 'dear' sibling to pull this one over nothing at all given the opportunity. So that is that and the other huge couch-chair was hauled to the charity shop yesterday with another 2 huge bags of stuff. Now I just have to dismantle a dilapidated old pull out couch for the garbage but that will be another weekend. I'm happy with the space at present.

So that's me. I'm off to go play in my new space - er - fold up, box up, put away the stuff in there PROPERLY and set up for my projects.

Stay tuned, more news tomorrow!

Lots of love to all of my pals here - I miss ya when I am not here everyday...not enough hours right now.

Peggy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Diet Club Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here